General Gameplay Hunting mechanic in the current Jurassic world game

Your Feature Request / Idea
Honestly I think the hunting mechanic for Jurassic world evolution needs to be fixed in a lot of ways and the reason why is because it doesn't seem realistic for animals to be unaware that they're being stalked by a predator. In the wild gazelle and other animals in such places like Africa would keep an eye out for predators that are possibly stocking them hidden in the brush, in Jurassic world evolution we lack that feature. there needs to be a better hunting mechanic were carnivores are only 30% successful in a hunt against herbivorous dinosaurs, for example Edmontosaurus has no chance of escaping in evolution right now every single time any carnivore is hungry the Predator is 100% successful in making a Kill and that's not very realistic, I would prefer to see a Chase rather than and unaware animal that did not hear or sense that it was being stalked, plus I would love to see the future where carnivores use the trees to stalk their prey instead of laying low in the short grass for every living thing can see it coming except the unaware animal, which is why we need either tall grass or better cover for predators to ambush.

And also the feature of pack hunting is missing and I hope Frontier can fix that since they advertised that the Raptors and smaller carnivores would be hunting in packs. And the same goes with Giganotosaurus these carnivores were known to hunt in gangs in order to slice flesh off of sauropod dinosaurs and I hope that gets changed and fixed.

Last edited:
It was so very disappointing to see all the none Stego, Ankylo, and Ceratopid dinosaurs suddenly stop. turn slightly. and play the animation of the hunt in which they have 0% chance of escaping. Down right annoyed when I saw a dilo using the Velociratpor kill animation on a Edmonto. Even more so is the constant neck jittering they throw there necks out to one side looking that way while not moving that way all the while the neck just shaking and breaking.

Great idea as having a ceratosaurus kill your whole struthiomimus herd one by one with little no effort is annoying. The struthiomimus are way faster and can/should just run away easily.It would make far more sense for a carnivore to stalk and ambush prey that is much faster then it.

Top Bottom