Hydra Science Analysis and thoughts

After my previous studies of Thargoids I was aboard the Gnosis and have the following information to add to the pile others I'm sure have gathered. Some may be repeats but I think the whole is worth reporting:

For note I was aboard the Gnosis. All the data collected was gathered from NHSS Threat 8 in the system the Gnosis is currently in: Outotz ST-I d9-6

All data was collected in that system but away from the Gnosis. Each data point was gathered after multiple attempts to find non-hostile Hyrda craft in the NHSS. Best events I found were in threat 8s, all threat 9s seemed hostile, and while it was maybe a 1/3rd of the events had the non-hostile it was fairly easy to get the results.

The ship gathering the data was a DBX without weapons but I rotated out testing equipment with return trips to the Gnosis for the gear I brought with me on that trip.

1. Yes you can find non-hostile Hydra ships. I was unsure this would be the case but yes, I can 100% confirm this. They act exactly like non-hostile encounters with the previous Basilisk, Cyclops and Medusa variants as far as I can tell.

2. The Hydra has identical wake profile, in that you can collect the data but it is not unique data to the Hydra but the same data type as provided by the other non-hostile types.

3. Xeno scanner does work against them (I know simple but being complete here)

4. Manifest scanner does not work. This is the same reaction as the other types of non-hostile but tested for completion sake.

5. Limpet tests: My previous efforts tested every limpet type against the other thargoid variants. I didn't bring /every/ type with me but did bring enough to get a good sample here.

5a - Decon Limpets - These worked just as they did against other thargoids, sent out, latched on, said repairing, detached, then complete. No reaction from Hydra

5b - Hatch Breaker - Immediately went hostile after latching on, system acted as if 'cracking' the hatch. Result was failure of the limpet with the same syphon fail message you get when used against a ship without cargo.

5c - Recon Limpet - Failure to fire, no valid target. I should note I even tried sub-targeting the hearts this time, still no fire ability.

5d - Research Limpet - This worked as per normal. I hung around in silent running, limpet returned, had cargo bay open but no sample acquired. This maybe a bug I have read about elsewhere or it could be something wrong with the Hydra specifically, but I will try this again in the future. So far no sample gained but yes the thargoid could be targeted, it did latch on and it did try to return.

Final notes:

While going over my data I /did/ notice one odd thing. I am unsure what to make of this so ask if any other commanders have this data to confirm or disprove this - The icon for the thargoid type of Hydra, the 'markings' of the circles, appears to have a different pattern than the other thargoids I have scanned in the past. I have a rather large database of these images now but all those I scanned in the sector had IDENTICAL inner markings this time. Not one was different. The out most circle varied but ALL of them had absolutely identical inner circles. I need a larger sample size to be sure but with all other types it was pretty clear they varied A LOT! So unsure what this means but hope someone out there can confirm or dispel this data.

I hope someone can post a reply to this finding here for the last note. And I hope the other data helps in furthering Thargoid Studies.

-The Read Panda (Commander OakPanda)

So you...

Outotz XL-H b38-0 (next door to the system the Gnosis is in) is full of non-Hum USS threat 8 and each has a Hydra and no scouts. A new non-Hum USS threat 8 would spawn within a min anywhere close the primary and the first few planets. One threat 9 spawned way out near the farthest planet

Top Bottom