Hyperspace and fuel scooping

Would it be possible to set the FSD to exit out of hyper space a different distances from the main star? For instance if your in a medium ship jumping 40ly. You wont need to fuel scoop so if you could set the FSD to exit further away from the main star as to line up with the next system and jump. Then if your needing to scoop you could set it to exit close to the main star. Something in the functions tab maybe, three preset distances. Also has there ever been any discussions to add more to the fuel scooping activity? I would think maybe adding the possibility for solar flares to erupt as your scooping. Then have the temperature fluctuate for the flares as an indication. I did read a suggestion to add better sound to the scooping process. Give you the feeling that you are flying right next to a burning hot star collecting fuel.

Would it be possible to set the FSD to exit out of hyper space a different distances from the main star? For instance if your in a medium ship jumping 40ly. You wont need to fuel scoop so if you could set the FSD to exit further away from the main star as to line up with the next system and jump. Then if your needing to scoop you could set it to exit close to the main star. Something in the functions tab maybe, three preset distances. Also has there ever been any discussions to add more to the fuel scooping activity? I would think maybe adding the possibility for solar flares to erupt as your scooping. Then have the temperature fluctuate for the flares as an indication. I did read a suggestion to add better sound to the scooping process. Give you the feeling that you are flying right next to a burning hot star collecting fuel.

Supposedly solar flares do heat up the ship a little bit, but you are never in them long enough for it to really cause a problem, it would be nice to add some excitement to scooping, but nothing to dangerous or unavoidable otherwise months long exploration trips will become a thing of history.

Top Bottom