Hyperspace Delivery Service

Oh my, the combat looks 100% like Star Trek 25th Anniversary and Judgement Rites. This is awesome :D

Then again, is it Hyperspace Oregon Trail? :D Does feel like it partially. Not that it's a bad thing, Organ Trail was awesome, too.

Oh my, the combat looks 100% like Star Trek 25th Anniversary and Judgement Rites. This is awesome :D

Then again, is it Hyperspace Oregon Trail? :D Does feel like it partially. Not that it's a bad thing, Organ Trail was awesome, too.
I bought it on early access last year and quickly refunded it due to it being essentially Oregon Trail wearing a sci-fi skin. Straight away random things started happening during journeys without anything I could do about them, yeah, decided it wasn’t for me.

I really enjoyed Organ Trail, but I knew what I was buying into with that. I saw Star Trek 25th mentioned with regards to HDS and bought into it due to that. Mistake.

On the plus side, it did get me to replay the two Interplay games again via dosbox, after rooting out my old CD’s.

Edit: having looked at the above video, it seems more player agency has been added to the random encounters. Hmmm, back on the radar methinks...

Last edited:
I bought it on early access last year and quickly refunded it due to it being essentially Oregon Trail wearing a sci-fi skin. Straight away random things started happening during journeys without anything I could do about them, yeah, decided it wasn’t for me.

I really enjoyed Organ Trail, but I knew what I was buying into with that. I saw Star Trek 25th mentioned with regards to HDS and bought into it due to that. Mistake.

On the plus side, it did get me to replay the two Interplay games again via dosbox, after rooting out my old CD’s.

I almost got through that 3 hour video, and honestly for the price they are asking, this looks like a solid buy for me. I don't mind the Oregon Trial randomness, as there does seem to be a game underneath that I can enjoy in short bursts, which it is meant to be. I love the attention to detail in the modes they went for to evoke certain feelings. Space combat being modelled after 25th, and the ground mission basically being Blake Stone is funny for me. It's not something I'll obsess over for weeks, that's for sure, but I think I can get some enjoyment out of it, especially for the 8 EUR or so pricetag.

Tried to play this, but these extremely retro visuals look awful and hurt the eyes on very large monitors, so I barely went past the menu.

Top Bottom