Hyperspace Dethrottle not working

I have the dethrottle enabled as the message in the top right says so on entering a system yet I continued to speed up like old times. It worked fine a few days ago. It caught me offguard and I ended up overheating and causing a lot of damage but luckily my AFM repaired most of the damage.

It only works if you're alt-tabbed out of the game. There's a bug report logged for it, please contribute to it. The more people report this, the faster it will get fixed... hopefully.

https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/1405
Yep never worked with hotas only works with pads on consoles
Due to the hotas throttle setting being analogue constant feed its over riding the zero throttle preset and jumping back to the setting of the hotas throttle instantly after Hyper space zero braking does not work on hotas its a cross platform issue as well...

I have the dethrottle enabled as the message in the top right says so on entering a system yet I continued to speed up like old times. It worked fine a few days ago. It caught me offguard and I ended up overheating and causing a lot of damage but luckily my AFM repaired most of the damage.

I'm having the same issue on Xbox, hyperspace dethrottle worked fine some days ago, now suddenly for no apparent reason stopped working. You reported the bug in May, it's been a few months, any plans to fix soon or not really?

@rootsrat this is a Xbox forum, how do we ALT + TAB on console? Lol. But seriously, as someone else said, this bug is multiplatform, I've read lots of people on reddit reporting the bug both on PC and Xbox.

Happened to me as well then just by chance I looked in my system panel and noticed that the module was unticked - so I ticked it and it worked again. No idea how it got unticked though.....

Got back into the game a week ago. The dethrottle was a new thing to me but loved the idea. OF COURSE didn't know it was bugged; walked away thinking my ship was gonna park next to a star and come back a bit later to find it destroyed! Half a day of long distance travel for nothing. Even afterwards, I'm still bugged; best bit of all this is that I'm getting notifications in the top right that dethrottle is still enabled. So thrilled.

BTW, this occurred on the PS4 - I noted that because I see this thread is associated under Xbox 1...

I recommend removing the cruise assist module and then re-installing it. This has caused it to resume function for me - if not for long...

Almost new year and FD did not fix.

Having used an ASP, Krait Phantom and Anaconda for some shorter trips in the last few weeks, I can say, that it works reliably on my ASP.
On the Krait, it was working initially, when I fitted it (about 2 weeks ago) and by now, its not functional anymore.
On the Anaconda, which needs it the most, It worked for about 2 days after I first installed it, then it stopped.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the

What I make out of this is, that its not a plain jane game-wide malfunction, but one caused by some intractable things related to modules and ships.

Works fine for me as of today,but only if using the XBOX control pad.Use the Hotas and you got to de-throttle manually. No issues otherwise except for drift ON MY SECOND REPLACEMENT HOTAS IN TWO MONTHS!!..err sorry.

Not had an issue since I posted the message. However, I am currently scavenging materials on a planet in my SRV so will check myself if it does it to me after using the SRV like you've mentioned.

I found mine had suddenly stopped working...and then remembered that I had recently had to repair my supercruise assist, so it was offline!

Go to your systems panel and check if Supercruise Assist is actually online!

I found mine had suddenly stopped working...and then remembered that I had recently had to repair my supercruise assist, so it was offline!

Go to your systems panel and check if Supercruise Assist is actually online!
Did all that pal. Still does it now after visiting Guardian Structures in the SRV.

Trying to pin down what exactly is causing it to fail. When logging in out in the black and doing several jumps it seems to work fine. I noticed it wasn't working after leaving a station however, not sure if it's the docking/launching process itself, or perhaps an interaction between the auto-docking computer and the supercruise assist functions.

Top Bottom