Hyperspace Gates

The galaxy is small enough as it is. Why, you can get from Sol to Beagle Point in less than 12 hours already!

Yeah, then, once you find one, and post in it - people will tell you off for "necro'ing" a thread.

Can't win!

Surely it depends on whether it has gone all runny and maggot-infested?

Recent, apt threads are OK to post in again in my opinion. Years-old, outdated and irrelevant ones should get the Buffy treatment rather than resurrection.

Yeah, then, once you find one, and post in it - people will tell you off for "necro'ing" a thread.

Can't win!

Really? That's the best you can do? Where did I say anything about posting to an old thread? I should think everyone here would understand that I was suggesting going back and reading old threads about the same subject to see if the same idea had been suggested previously so that one is prepared, that way you can start a new thread without repeating old ideas or indeed if you find it's been done to death already, maybe not bother starting a "flogging a dead horse" thread at all. But I didn't bother going into that detail since it's generally understood to be what is meant by suggesting a new forum member try reading through old threads before posting.

You are confusing the Faraway Jump System, a method of Hyperspace Travel, with an actual star system, it's not. The Farway System was the first method that enabled humans to travel FTL, so no that was in no way a fast travel system or stargate;

-
When I read the story it seemed like it was a system of gates and stations (some in witchspace), but the whole thing was like a flight controller system. You got in line and it plotted your coarse to your destination.

Though I have not read much on it.

The galaxy is small enough as it is. Why, you can get from Sol to Beagle Point in less than 12 hours already!

I believe the record runs are just over 1 hour for Colonia and just over 6 hours for Beagle Point. I don't believe in speed runs myself but some people like them so that's fine, of course with a stargate we could do it in 2.9 seconds, rendering all speed runs pointless!

Top Bottom