Hyponia Horizon Mission

So escape pods, crashed nav beacons and crashed satelities so far ?

With 1000 years of space flight etc, misjumps from the old days, thargoid hyperdictions and other things i can fully understand that the federation and others might have covert long range bases and exploration programs in place

The idea of unaccessible placeholder bubbles both within hyponia and dryman is a probable id say 50:50 possibility at this piont. Are you guys getting signal sources in space, or only on planetside (human content type POIs) and do they show with blue radar from 2-5km up or is it more just driving around and finding them as random spawn POIs

If we use sol as an example the Large data cache spawns in space are only out to 10k. And hyponia is 14k LY from jaques/colonia. That said theres only a mini bubble around colonia

Im not sure if the outer limits of the colonia bubble have been probed / tested. But if there is a hidden base or bases inside hyponia and dryman that could explain an area of effect

But its all speculative at this point, but both are permit locked regions so a border search of both is a good idea. As it looks like it hasnt really been done by anyone else

This looks like something that could be a useful step forward! I'm about 3Kly West of Colonia at the moment. I was thinking of heading back to the bubble to look for alien stuff, but this could be more fun!

Will start heading your way...

Taz

Re the pods, nav beacos etc, it seems that they can be found almost anywhere now. They are rare, but in the pas few weeks I've come across examples on the very edge of the Outer & Perseus arms at 25 - 30k LY from Sol in the opposite direction to Hyponia.

OK I might need to back track a little on that previous statement :eek:

I realised I could check my journal entries to see where I encountered nav beacons and the one I remembered from my current trip round the edge of the Perseus Arm was actually at a system I stopped off at to gather some jumponium before I got close to the edge. But it was 15,500 LY from Sol. I'm not totally sure I've come across any escape pods on this trip either (blame it on space madness, I do!)

But I was right about the edge of the Outer arm. I found beacons at Keems LM-W d1-0 (17k from Sol) and Leerb IF-R d4-0 (17.6k LY).

Can't think of anything that might be in the journal files for escape pods (I never pick them up them) but I've found a screenshot of my coming across them at Brunth PP-D d13-0 which is 19.8k LY from Sol.

So please treat my comment of them appearing 25-30k LY from Sol with a major pinch of salt. But they are (*extremely* rarely) discoverable at up to at least 20k.

If go a little above the center of the region, can see a cluster within Hyponia.
Not seen it when I was below.

Anyway, not to get there. Now we are trying to define reference points along the border to better see the region.

We determined the point on the 6 sides of the region to better see the borders.

This is the most distant systems from the center of the region.

HYPONIA DW-P B24-3
HYPONIA YV-S B47-33
HYPONIA JE-J A0
HYPONIA CX-K B24-19
HYPONIA VX-M B23-0
HYPONIA RI-B C13-53

Last edited:
Just to mention that it's approximately 22.000 LY from Sol.
If it's not a bug then it's really interesting!

:D:eek:

If it is near a permit locked system, could these things be an indicator of BGS operating?
As in inhabited, operating systems??
I was under the impression that these POI's and USS are more frequent within a given distance of civilization. (I think it was during the initial Colonia/Jaques storyline that I read this...It may even have been Dynamicbob who posted on it?)

If it is near a permit locked system, could these things be an indicator of BGS operating?
As in inhabited, operating systems??
I was under the impression that these POI's and USS are more frequent within a given distance of civilization. (I think it was during the initial Colonia/Jaques storyline that I read this...It may even have been Dynamicbob who posted on it?)

in the last patch we got Fdev added a USS bubble around colonia as a "mini bubble" - im out around the dryman sector which is a permit locked area on the opposite side of the galaxy to hyponia ( im running a investigation survey and exploration mission out here as well - seperate thread) So far theres no reports of USS in space within 1000ly of either sector, but there seem to be more planteary (horizons) POIs on the surface that consist of finding signs of human npc activity ( versus just rocks and meteorites)

I think what both projects can do firstly is find and report volcanic, fungoid and other 2.2 content as possible tourist locations along the border regions those might get added in 2.3 and increase commander traffic from jaques further into the void. Neyond that we keep looking.

A little creativity if you don't mind. And at the same time the report about the first days here. :)

NO7WV774AMK4.jpg

January 24th 3303

A few days ago the first ships of Eol Prou Group had finally reached Hyponia region. Can not say that it was long or difficult journey, because of new technologies it was possible to charge FSDs from the jets of the Neutron Stars or White Dwarfs situated on the course, which is pretty dangerous, but it allowed to shorten the way from Colonia to just a few hours.

Hyponia is an incredible place. No, really. Its way more interesting here than in the Formidine Rift. I’ve spent there a lot of month, in this grim void, so far from here... I’ve heard rumors, that there were found some strange, abandoned settlements. Creepy rumors.

But Hyponia… there's so much light in here, so many stars. It's amazing and wonderful. Some says that, among these vast number of stars there is something, something that is hidden inside, where no one is allowed to enter.

We’ve spent here a few days now, exploring the border regions. Me, CMDR Arhat and CMDR DocRaise. Even made a small "picnic" on the surface of one of local rocks which we had called A Misty Albion because of its very dense haze, covering the surface of the dark side of the planet.

The only thing we couldn’t do is to cross the border of Hyponia. Any attempt to make a jump at least for a light year is causing an FSD-error. We can’t figure it out what is it, a software bug or an intentional blocking.

The other mystery was awaiting for us on the planetary surfaces - we’ve found wrecks. Ship wrecks and probes of human origin. Very old, but still pretty identifiable. Somebody was here before us, and they were not alone. We’ve made already a few of such findings, one even contained some old rescue capsules. Unfortunately, there was nobody to save.

Apparently our leadership have sent us so far for some reason. There is definitely something over here. It’s just need to be found. And we must stay here and wait for the arrival of the rest of our fleet. Maybe we will learn more with their help.

CMDR AiryKai

Transmission end.

Last edited:
How are you guys finding the human style POIs, is it just a matter of cruising around at 3-5km and watching for blue POIs, or is it SRV activities or something else ?

How are you guys finding the human style POIs, is it just a matter of cruising around at 3-5km and watching for blue POIs, or is it SRV activities or something else ?

I found all of this POI, riding on SRV. Sometimes it takes a lot of time.

Tried to divide sector boundaries into several parts. The pilots were allocated to these sectors. Nothing new, still finding POI.

It seems to me that in the upper part of the region, these POIs appear more often. I just a few minutes to find it on any planet. Could just be luck, we'll check it.

BREAKING NEWS!!! Just a few minutes ago, I discovered presence of the defense forces in system Wembaei RJ-O d7-24 on the planet C 3. This system in 33,487 ly from Sol and 14,525 ly from Colonia. Not far from representative of the defence forces (Elite ASP Scout) was found destroyed SRV, near which lie down a geological equipment. Also, a few dozen meters from the Scout, we can see the destroyed fighter F63 Condor with a containers of personal weapons.
Elite ASP Scout is well armed, has additional scanners and FSD interdictor. We assume this Scout killed pilot of fighter and perhaps geological scientist on SRV, to hide the presence of certain forces in the Hyponia.

gT7n5ZS.jpg
YTOVW8I.jpg
TgDD6cr.jpg
mKdlBiH.jpg
rz37lA7.jpg
QLkgh7e.jpg
hMbuoRg.jpg
xKLCqKJ.jpg

Last edited:
Was out there for a while Feb/ March, but didn't really see anything. Is cool trying to navigate around the surface of a sphere though!
Seems to have gone quiet, don't think I've seen any friend markers that way recently...

Top Bottom