I always fit D-Rated sensors, is there a reason not to?

Also the bigger FSD and engines and other systems on the bigger ships produce more interference and so require a larger sensor system to overcome that interference.

An integral sensor system that can't account for the vehicle it is integrated into and thus needs to be multiplied many times over in order to distinguish which signals are external or from it's own vehicle is an funny proposition. How engineers that inept would be trusted to work on spaceships is beyond me.

This whole explain-ED-sensors biz is bound to go nowhere, but it is amusing.

This whole explain-ED-sensors biz is bound to go nowhere, but it is amusing.

I wholeheartedly agree, its why I'm not building up my hopes that we will change anything, but it is interesting to see what other players thoughts on the matter would be and how they would solve the issue of sensors being unbalanced and or just simply justify the ridiculous cost / weight / power consumption of bigger sensors.

I wholeheartedly agree, its why I'm not building up my hopes that we will change anything, but it is interesting to see what other players thoughts on the matter would be and how they would solve the issue of sensors being unbalanced and or just simply justify the ridiculous cost / weight / power consumption of bigger sensors.
Trying to not bring any changes because everything they change becomes even worse.

People are now complaning about the unbalanced and ineficient weight and power consumption on big ship sensors, if they change it they will make it even worse, since 2016 in this game and i know exactly how this works haha.

Please people - this way the whole thing don`t make sense we all know, but please stop asking for changes, let it be before they made it even worse.

Zero reasons to get anything above D unless you are wanting to long range Torp.

Powderpanic
The Voice of Griefing

I wouldn't go that far, unless you are encouraging people to get ganked at stations.

True regarding torps, however, I learned a long time ago that defensively it is better to unlock the target port, manually drop out around 20/30km's and head in cautiously under normal space, monitoring every hollow square on my LR sensors. Can't count the number of times I've sat out of resolve range, watching guys like you blow up freighters and newbies..

I guess you are one of those running D-rated sensors, oblivious to my ship.

I've been in since 2015 pal, and as a real life engineer, things like the implementation of sensors in this game rattle my cage. Same for limpet controllers. So while I accept that things like tinting the skybox (the rest of the galaxy) to the same colour as the local star is terribad, as is the current crime and punishment implementation, both of which were changes from the original game, I'd still like to see changes to sensors, limpets and scanners.

What the heck do you know about signal engineering smartguy? A microwave will shut off your wifi signal!

Enough to know you don't point them at yourself when you want external results and that thermal imaging is directional.

What's up with the repeated dragging of wifi into the sensor convo? You guys know that signal broadcasting hardware and sensors are not at all the same thing, right?

If you take bounty hunting serious or plan to stay out of sight, a good modified sensor array can be the best advantage you can have.

Since when did your Eagle fly inside of a large ship? Y'know where the sensors and sources of interference are all packed together?

If it were interference from large modules necessitating the large sensor arrays on those same ships, then flying an eagle or other small vessel near those large ships and the large modules contained therein ought to scramble the eagle.

What the heck do you know about signal engineering smartguy? A microwave will shut off your wifi signal!
I can't say my Eagle has ever had any problems as a result of flying close to a large ship. :unsure:
Since when did your Eagle fly inside of a large ship? Y'know where the sensors and sources of interference are all packed together?

I thought the interference produced eminated in all directions like Wifi? If so, Stealthie defnitely should have encountered interference when in close proximity to a large ship, he was within it's sensor interference wifi range.

Powderpanic

Banned
I wouldn't go that far, unless you are encouraging people to get ganked at stations.

True regarding torps, however, I learned a long time ago that defensively it is better to unlock the target port, manually drop out around 20/30km's and head in cautiously under normal space, monitoring every hollow square on my LR sensors. Can't count the number of times I've sat out of resolve range, watching guys like you blow up freighters and newbies..

I guess you are one of those running D-rated sensors, oblivious to my ship.

You appear to have an ounce of skill and as being killed in ED is entirely optional, it's kind of a moot point if you want to sit and watch.

Powderpanic
The Voice of Griefing

You appear to have an ounce of skill and as being killed in ED is entirely optional, it's kind of a moot point if you want to sit and watch.

Powderpanic
The Voice of Griefing

4 years and can count the same number of PvP deaths in a freighter, the number of successful docks when gankers are around, am sure the devs have that figure somewhere, I lost count a long time ago. So yeah, don't think I'll be taking advice from someone like you.. Jog on mate.

If it were interference from large modules necessitating the large sensor arrays on those same ships, then flying an eagle or other small vessel near those large ships and the large modules contained therein ought to scramble the eagle.
Nah. I already answered that critique

So don't put the sensors right on top of the interferer. You can get a eagle on the outside closer to the FSD on a conda that the farthest point of that same ship from within.

Top Bottom