I am Ordering my Carrier Decomissioned.

It's sad!
Another cmdr disillusioned and rightly so.....IF your just playing the game without testing yourself...
You have a carrier.
Try a haz res or threat 7 pirate with a railing/pa overheating fdl... absolute scream!
Don't pve with big ships!
Engineer small ones and teach yourself how to fly properly.
Cos complaining about game mechanics which get you the tools, isn't cricket.
I'm flying about in a pimped imperial Eagle which can hold its own. Even has a planetary hangar.
Play hard ! Easy is boring....
Save the Vette for coop massacres etc we all have to make a buck.
But the real gameplay is testing yourself.

o7

But the real gameplay is testing yourself.

o7
So true.
It would have been easy to meet the "trade with 50 markets'" requirement one engineer had shipping a ton of anything in a Hauler to grind from 14 markets I'd traded with up to the 50. Trading is dull so I hadn't really done much of it.
I decided to do it as profitably as possible and submit to every interdiction and salvage materials from the destroyed pirates. I'd bought a Anaconda before but not used it much, so outfitted it as an armed trader shifting engineered MCs off my Krait II onto it and set to work with EDDB trading routes.
I discovered many new systems, blew up all sorts of different pirates and without "grinding" for credits made several hundred thousand. And engineered more MCs and armour on the way with the materials I collected.
It was a lot of fun.
I love trading now 😁
Eventually I'll do the same with a beautiful Cutter - another future goal.
Near term - figure out how to win against a wing of 3 dropships in a HazRes with a Krait II and an SLF.

People should be careful not to "throw their toys out of the pram".

I dunno if this it herecy but, if we remove our rose-tinted spectacles, Elite wasn't an especially varied game.
What it was, though, was the first game that gave us pretend spaceships and an entire galaxy (several, in fact) to fly around in.
Most of the "good stuff", however, just existed in our heads, and on the pages of various books.

When it comes down to it, ED is "just" a modern reboot of the same concept; it's a sandbox and a bunch of toys to play with in it.
FDev have done a lot to realise a lot of the stuff that was just lore but it is, basically, still a sandbox and some toys to play with.

Having said that, ED is (IMO, at least) still the best way to give gamers the opportunity to fly pretend spaceships.
If you enjoy doing that, you ARE going to want to play ED again, when you need to scratch that itch.

Go play other games. You're not being unfaithful to ED.
Your stuff will still be here, waiting for you, when you want to come back... unless you do something rash like sell all your stuffz or wipe your CMDR. :)

The only thing the Devs know to Implement to keep People busy. Is Grind. Grind. And more Grind.
Everything is Grind. No Challenge. No meaning. Just Grind.
Technically, every game loop is a grind, it just all depends on how fun and engaging it is.

look at a simple game as minecraft.
You want good gear? Diamonds and Netherite? You have to go mining deep down. All you do is mine in a straight line for some time, then repeat again and again until you got the stuff you wanted.
Simple game loop. Are people enjoying it? Apparently so.

Mats gathering in Elite? find site, collect, log off, log on, collect, repeat. Not very engaging or fun.

I'm playing Valheim, checking mountains for Golems because I need some crystals. Is it a game loop? Sort of. Find golem, kill, loot, repeat. Is it fun? Yep. Do I mind doing it? Nope, because it's not driving me insane.

I love mining in Elite, it's mind numbing as Foxtrott, no skill required, and I usually just watch movies. The game wouldn't even need good graphics for this, let alone "emergent gameplay". Let's face it, things are talked up and polished so it sells. Nothing emergent here.
Want to make mining interesting? Have rocks disintegrate after getting mined empty. not broken up, grind to dust (easy to implement), respawn in 2 hours or whatever, or at the weekly maintenance.
But hey, we can't tell Fdev how to design the game. We all have great ideas, sadly not many (read none) can or will ever be taken on board.

When did the log on/log off become part of the game loop? Surely that's an exploit, ok an accepted exploit, but still an exploit!
Around the time frontier decided to go out of their way to fix it every time they broke it.

In all seriousness though since day one. Intended or not its basically a part of the game now and dowant look to be going anywhere.

Currently I am Ordering my Carrier to be Scrapped.
In the End. All it does is costing Money.

I liked the Idea of the Game. But frankly. That Idea is just not gonna happen it seems.
FDev is just not Competent enough to make it happen.

I am not even Angry anymore about the botched up Odyssey Release.
This was Annoying. But no real Gamebreaker. Just Devs that tried to Punch above their weightclass and failed.

But there is just no Reason to Play. And ultimately I notice that I just wont Play.
Not because I say oh I quit. Or if you dont do what I want i.ll not support you.
But simply because its not Fun and so I just wont play it.

Thats the thing.

The only thing the Devs know to Implement to keep People busy. Is Grind. Grind. And more Grind.
And if you dare not using the Specific Grind the Devs want you to use. Then you Grind 5 times as much.

And because they underestimated how much People are willing to Grind. They then need to somehow make the old Grind useless and Implement some new Fantasy Currency that cannot be gained with the old Currency so that the old Currency becomes irrelevant and you have to Grind again. Because well. Grind is the only thing they can offer.

See Guys. I dont even mind Grindy Games. I played alot of them.
But they at least had some Flair and Reason to it. And they made sure to never Invalidate it by just hiding the next expansion behind something that needs to be Grinded from the Start again.

Elite Dangerous my Rear.
More like Eternal Grind.

That Bug ridden, unstable and unfinished mess that is called Star Citizen hilariously has more diversity and challenge of gameplay than ED.
Likewise Games like X4 which made the effort to really make the World feel Interactive and Dynamic are a pure Paradise compared to ED despite it having faaar less sophistication.

Economy is more of an Magic thing based on the average movement rather than having any actual requirements.
Diversity is a distant dream as everything just looks the same with little to no distinction to make things appear a bit Unique. Especially on Weapons for People and Ships.
Rifles cost more than Starships. And high grade Rifles and Starships have Price Increases are exponential while their actual improvements are linear.
And while Engineering for both Personal and Ship Based Equipment is mandatory for anyone actually wanting to participate in stuff. Its all walled behind exceedingly boring and repetetive grinds which cannot be circumvented unless you want to do 5 times the amount of an different repetetive boring grind.
Oh and its not interchangable of course as you have to grind for one thing here and the other there to make sure that anyone who grinded beforehand cant use that stuff here.

Whats so Difficult about giving Space and Ground Equipment (including Ships and Suits) a proper Price Scale. Somewhat representing their Improvement plus some Extra.
Whats so Difficult about just having a Starter Pilot Start in a Rented Ship instead of Owning it. So that the Starter Ship can have the proper price a few 100 Grand and actually show that a Ship is more Expensive than a Basic Rifle.
Whats so Difficult about giving the Equipment some actual proper Names instead of Ranks by Letters which are all the same. And maybe give some Variations in between like one Shield maybe having a bit more Energy Protection while the other is better against Kinetic by default etc.
Whats so Difficult about not turning Ground Combat into a Minigame of Swapping Weapons constantly. And instead of doing Energy and Kinetic Weapons being Shield and Body stuff. Instead just have different advantages. Like not needing to be Reloaded due to being linked to an Energy pack while Kinetic maybe has better Armor Pen but needs to be reloaded all the time etc.
And why is it so Impossible to make things Buyable. Why the hell cant I buy stuff like Nickel and Iron while being able to Buy Gold lol
Why is there no system to Randomly Generate some stuff around the Basic Station Templates like some Mining Depots, Dockyards etc etc.
Why the Refusal to let Player maybe Pilot slightly bigger Ships like Frigates and Destroyers ?
Why not allow Players to Own Stations which are part of the Economy actually converting Goods ? I mean seriously. If any Game has enough Open Space for that. Its ED lol.

But No.
Grind it is. Grind. Grind. Grind. Grind. Grind.
Just boring Grind all Day....

Good Luck on your Future Journeys Guys. I am out.
No reason to stick around when I basicly stopped Playing already anyways.
Wow. It's a loss FD can't keep you. The sun is bright outside - stay cool and enjoy the free air !

So, still an exploit, not part of the game loop. You can choose not to relog, you do know that right?
I can choose a lot of things in this game. Whether or not I have a choice to do it isnt predicated what words you use to describe it.

Last edited:
Thank you for your heads-up mate. Me wonders if the OP ground himself into the floor, by grinding for a carrier...? Seems like a shoot yourself in the foot move, but gives more stuphz opportunity so I can't complain really!

So, Mr OP, duz you have any stuphz worf hazzing please?
You can haz all the carrier duped stuphz you want atm ;)

Love having my carrier. Its really added to the game for me.

I was always against offline cost, and not playing for several months due to Odyssey cost me a few hundred million, which I wasn't amused with, but a few Robigo runs fixed that.

Currently I am Ordering my Carrier to be Scrapped.
In the End. All it does is costing Money.

I liked the Idea of the Game. But frankly. That Idea is just not gonna happen it seems.
FDev is just not Competent enough to make it happen.

I am not even Angry anymore about the botched up Odyssey Release.
This was Annoying. But no real Gamebreaker. Just Devs that tried to Punch above their weightclass and failed.

But there is just no Reason to Play. And ultimately I notice that I just wont Play.
Not because I say oh I quit. Or if you dont do what I want i.ll not support you.
But simply because its not Fun and so I just wont play it.

Thats the thing.

And if you dare not using the Specific Grind the Devs want you to use. Then you Grind 5 times as much.

And because they underestimated how much People are willing to Grind. They then need to somehow make the old Grind useless and Implement some new Fantasy Currency that cannot be gained with the old Currency so that the old Currency becomes irrelevant and you have to Grind again. Because well. Grind is the only thing they can offer.

See Guys. I dont even mind Grindy Games. I played alot of them.
But they at least had some Flair and Reason to it. And they made sure to never Invalidate it by just hiding the next expansion behind something that needs to be Grinded from the Start again.

Elite Dangerous my Rear.
More like Eternal Grind.

That Bug ridden, unstable and unfinished mess that is called Star Citizen hilariously has more diversity and challenge of gameplay than ED.
Likewise Games like X4 which made the effort to really make the World feel Interactive and Dynamic are a pure Paradise compared to ED despite it having faaar less sophistication.

Economy is more of an Magic thing based on the average movement rather than having any actual requirements.
Diversity is a distant dream as everything just looks the same with little to no distinction to make things appear a bit Unique. Especially on Weapons for People and Ships.
Rifles cost more than Starships. And high grade Rifles and Starships have Price Increases are exponential while their actual improvements are linear.
And while Engineering for both Personal and Ship Based Equipment is mandatory for anyone actually wanting to participate in stuff. Its all walled behind exceedingly boring and repetetive grinds which cannot be circumvented unless you want to do 5 times the amount of an different repetetive boring grind.
Oh and its not interchangable of course as you have to grind for one thing here and the other there to make sure that anyone who grinded beforehand cant use that stuff here.

Whats so Difficult about giving Space and Ground Equipment (including Ships and Suits) a proper Price Scale. Somewhat representing their Improvement plus some Extra.
Whats so Difficult about just having a Starter Pilot Start in a Rented Ship instead of Owning it. So that the Starter Ship can have the proper price a few 100 Grand and actually show that a Ship is more Expensive than a Basic Rifle.
Whats so Difficult about giving the Equipment some actual proper Names instead of Ranks by Letters which are all the same. And maybe give some Variations in between like one Shield maybe having a bit more Energy Protection while the other is better against Kinetic by default etc.
Whats so Difficult about not turning Ground Combat into a Minigame of Swapping Weapons constantly. And instead of doing Energy and Kinetic Weapons being Shield and Body stuff. Instead just have different advantages. Like not needing to be Reloaded due to being linked to an Energy pack while Kinetic maybe has better Armor Pen but needs to be reloaded all the time etc.
And why is it so Impossible to make things Buyable. Why the hell cant I buy stuff like Nickel and Iron while being able to Buy Gold lol
Why is there no system to Randomly Generate some stuff around the Basic Station Templates like some Mining Depots, Dockyards etc etc.
Why the Refusal to let Player maybe Pilot slightly bigger Ships like Frigates and Destroyers ?
Why not allow Players to Own Stations which are part of the Economy actually converting Goods ? I mean seriously. If any Game has enough Open Space for that. Its ED lol.

But No.
Grind it is. Grind. Grind. Grind. Grind. Grind.
Just boring Grind all Day....

Good Luck on your Future Journeys Guys. I am out.
No reason to stick around when I basicly stopped Playing already anyways.
That's the thing about computer games. If you don't enjoy them, don't play them. I hope you find a game you like.

Top Bottom