I am very disappointed from FD.....

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I have more or less 3000 hours of playtime in ED and have explored/ achieved nearly eveything which is possible in the ED universe.

Now, 3 years after release I notice that the game stucks in its devloppement. Nothing is left from former promises: 10 years devloppement plan, annual Seasons, minor game updates every 3 months. Not even payable DLCs.

Honestly I am very frustrated. FD seems to neclect the game entirely. They seem to care more about shortcut mainstream games like Rollercoaster and Jurassicparc.

A lot has been promised, few has yet been kept:

[video=youtube;EM0Gcl7iUM8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM0Gcl7iUM8[/video]

David Braben:
...The game riches gradually increase...
....Players will be able to walk around, get out of the ship, walk around inside Spacestations. You will be able to sneakin other ships, potentially steal them or hide amongs the cargo...

...What I want to see down at the planet is intresting things, cities, scapes even animals, life, trees, beeing a big game hunter...

...I dont want it to be a dull experience where you get exactly the same experience werever you land...

...phenomenal gameplay opportunities...

...The world get richer and richer...​

So long none of These promises have been redeemed. Instead of "phenomenal gameplay opportunities" or "creating a world geting richer and richer FD creates just more and more of the same.

No sense to chance the Engineers (I have all Engineers since a long time on Lv 5, i have every module on max strength)

NO sense just to collect mats for no purpose ! NO sense to spoil time for C&P-Systems. If i want to Play PvP I d'rather play PUBG or DCS World !

What about the LTP I bought some years ago for 180 $ ? Waiste of money. What did i get from it for now ? Nothing !

Last edited:
Can you tell me more about the societal developments of the Thargoids? Also, how are they able to 'grow ' their structures?

As for What you got...how about 125 days, 24/7, playing time?

I have more or less 3000 hours of playtime in ED and have explored/ achieved nearly eveything which is possible in the ED universe.

Now, 3 years after release I notice that the game stucks in its devlopement. Nothing is left from former promises: 10 years devloppment plan, annual Seasons, minor game updates every 3 months. Not even payable DLCs.

Honestly I am very frustrated. FD seems to neclect the game entirely. They seem to care more about shortcut mainstream games like Rollercoaster and Jurassicparc.

That's false, because Frontier is bringing major updates with Beyond this year. It reworks core game mechanics and adds new stuff.

So long none of These promises have been redeemed. Instead of "phenomenal gameplay opportunities" or "creating a world geting richer and richer FD creates just more and more of the same.

That's very subjective. We're still getting new stuff and major improvements. What's more, the Beyond updates are free for everyone who owns Elite Dangerous.

No sense to chance the Engineers (I have all Engineers since a long time on Lv 5, i have every module on max strength)

NO sense just to collect mats for no purpose ! NO sense to spoil time for C&P-Systems. If i want to Play PvP I d'rather play PUBG or DCS World !

Then go play those games. Nothing is stopping you.

What about the LTP I bought some years ago for 180 $ ? Waiste of money. What did i get from it for now ? Nothing !

What did we get in the last few years? Quite a lot. Here's a list of features from the Development Plans.

Check your grammar and spelling before making a low effort forum thread.

Last edited:
You are insulting !

Wenn du korrekte Grammatik wünscht, beweise erstmal, dass du mehrere Sprachen sprichst.

Si vous voulez une grammaire correcte, prouvez d'abord que vous parlez des langues étrangères

I hate fanboys. Although I should be neutral as Swiss

Last edited:
You are insulting !

Wenn du korrekte Grammatik wünscht, beweise erstmal, dass du mehrere Sprachen sprichst.

Si vous voulez une grammaire correcte, prouvez d'abord que vous parlez des langues étrangères

I hate fanboys. Although I should be neutral as Swiss

nice swiss humour ;)

Now, 3 years after release I notice that the game stucks in its devloppement. Nothing is left from former promises: 10 years devloppement plan, annual Seasons, minor game updates every 3 months. Not even payable DLCs.

A lot has been promised, few has yet been kept:

David Braben:

I think that is total rubbish.
We might all want everything now, but developing a huge project like this is complicated and takes time.
Braben has said this from the start and the way FDev are currently developing the game, by detailing existing mechanics, is exactly what he said they would do.

If you do not have the patience to let these devs do their job the way they think it should be done, then please play something else and stop whining.

You can return to the game later if you wish, or you can start playing 'the other game'. As you know that game is an overwhelming success :D.

FD recently announced 4 game updates for 2018, the first launching next week. This makes for the updates every 3 months... And they also said paid expansions will be available during the year, although no details have been released yet.

As for things like more interesting planets, or being able to get out of the seat, I agree, it's been a somewhat disheartening wait for news (mostly because FD barely even mentioned these things again since launch). While I do have hope those things might come in the future, the rational part of me tels me that they're a mirage by now. But then again, nobody expected the first (and so far only) iteration of planetary gameplay less than one year after initial release. Unfortunately, 2.0 was the last time something jaw-dropping was added to the game. Since then, many nice things were added, the game is much better and fuller now than before season 2, but it has been a while since the last "Holy Smokes" update was released (over 2 years now, over 3 years if we include the current year in which more nice things are being added but still nothing jaw-dropping).

Last edited:
Can you tell me more about the societal developments of the Thargoids? Also, how are they able to 'grow ' their structures?

As for What you got...how about 125 days, 24/7, playing time?

Well, i visited several crashed ships, activated their machines (the one with the stars), I collected things, got encounters, has been attacked for no reason etc. But all that did not led me to a deeper knowledge and understanding about them.

Last edited:

Lestat

Banned
I rather have elite take their Time in development vs games like Star Citizen which tried doing it all and still not released.

I'm lost for words about this post so I present to you this on how feel about this post...

aZ3IRsW.gif

Thats is all...:D

Yup, a lot has been promised, and a lot is not here yet, but nowhere, last I checked, did they indicate it would arrive within x time, they indicated it is things they WANT in the game.
They never claimed it would be easy or fast to implement.

That is an important thing you seem to be overlooking?

Yes, when you love a game, it is frustrating if development is slow, but remember, you are allowed to play other games, if you play a game almost exclusively then no game developer can really keep up, development pace in general is more targeted towards the average working players, and no this isn't a jab at none working players, but a fact that the 'majority' of a player base is those that have other things to do then just game. And development takes time.

i keep coming back to elite, I play other games too, but Elite I enjoy when I play it, and yeah it isn't developing as fast as I could want, but I'm ok with that.

Last edited:
hey there, OP has its right to have its own opinion, I don't see anything wrong in feeling disappointed by FD. Writing a forum post about it tho.. seems very childish.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom