I destroyed his Type-9, so he came back with a Federal Corvette, against my Imperial Eagle

Most Cmdrs don’t have their power priorities set properly. It’s not one of main topics discussed in forums. It’s mentioned a few times until one of these videos surfaces.

You're correct! I'm amazed at the sheer numbers of CMDRs flying without properly set power priorities. It's one thing for a new player that doesn't know any better, and quite another for experienced veterans of the game, specially those that call themselves "PvPrs". Without mentioning any names, I recently watched a stream video of a self proclaimed "Ganker" that got killed in Deciat after his mamba shields went down, with a quick hit to his power plant that damaged it below 80%, and his thrusters stopped working. It was obvious he had no power priorities set, and fittingly became a sitting duck.

How do you cope with slfs using that loadout?

BTW your flechette control is epic - super impressive display.

Thanks!

For dealing with SLF, get some separation between you and mother ship. +3km outside mothership weapon range.

Engage the SLF using reversion. Fire with Flechettes. DO NOT DESTROY SLF. Instead, try to destroy its thrusters. Once’s it’s disabled, it can’t fight. And mothership can’t launch another one.

Keep the battle space within SLF so it won’t self destruct if it’s too far away.

Do you fight with a small ship so you can't really lose? If you kill them you're a hero, if you don't oh well you were only in a small ship. Just trying to understand the mentality.

Do you fight with a small ship so you can't really lose? If you kill them you're a hero, if you don't oh well you were only in a small ship. Just trying to understand the mentality.
Because I can't afford big ships. I don't grind for money, so I fly cheap ships, but it turns out, they can also be effective against bigger ones.

Most economical way of enjoying PVP. Why fly an Anaconda to fight another Anaconda and risk a higher rebuy, when you can achieve the same results for a meager 70,000 credits rebuy.

People will wake out immediately if you attack them with a corvette or a fer-de-lance.
Come at them with an ieagle and they're more likely to stick and fight, even if the conventional wisdom is that if someone shows up with an off-meta ship they probably know something you don't.

As one of my pals on discord put it about a similar situation, "How bad would you feel if you were with the homies and just gave up some loot without trying to fight in a 3v1".

People will wake out immediately if you attack them with a corvette or a fer-de-lance.
Come at them with an ieagle and they're more likely to stick and fight, even if the conventional wisdom is that if someone shows up with an off-meta ship they probably know something you don't.

Very true. When I started looking for PvP outside the CG. Most Cmdrs will wake out, they do a quick assessment based on ship they’re going against, any medium ships are Insta-wake. Any meta ship, insta-wake.

I quickly learned that by flying smaller ships, I can give them the confidence that they might have a chance and that I made a mistake.

Sun Tzu once said “Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.”

I like Elite Dangerous can allow us to practice the art of deception.

My weapon of choices requires my opponent to be actively engaged in combat, their aggressiveness is actually what increases the effectiveness of my weapons of choice. (Mines, torps, flechettes) all requires opponents to be aggressive not defensive.

Especially mines launchers, when people try to point out that i ganked someone. I always remind them that mines doesn’t hit the targets themselves, the target runs into the mines. Therefore, they’re not trying to run away, they agreed to the fight and all the risk that comes with it.

Sun Tzu once said “Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.”
This is the philosophy behind one of my corvettes. Neither cargo nor HRPs show up on a module scan, so I built it to look like it's there to fight when it's actually running undersized modules and mostly full of cargo space.

I like Elite Dangerous can allow us to practice the art of deception.
with that tactic you hardly are going to deceive anyone but a total noob who thinks he can take advantage of what he thinks, in his absolute noobness, is just another noober noob. now you really sound like the other collectives who cite sun tzu pointlessly: hr staff and motivational gurus. :p

good work and flying, though! (y)

with that tactic you hardly are going to deceive anyone but a total noob who thinks he can take advantage of what he thinks, in his absolute noobness, is just another noober noob. now you really sound like the other collectives who cite sun tzu pointlessly: hr staff and motivational gurus. :p

good work and flying, though! (y)
b1f.png

As one of my pals on discord put it about a similar situation, "How bad would you feel if you were with the homies and just gave up some loot without trying to fight in a 3v1".

It's funny, because I kinda innately know it. Last few fights I've had in the Cutter were pound-fests between bigs. I had one guy in a Krait though that fought through shield collapse and down to like 46% hull. At that point I had a feeling if my shields failed (at 17% at that moment) he was going to be able to to crowbar this thing out for himself. Disengaged. Not eating a 46M rebuy to find out.

Top Bottom