I dislike the elevator and I dislike anyone who likes it.

I'm thinking, in time there will be more options to where the turbo lifts goes, otherwise it doesn't make sense to have a menu option.
Like this:
station_destinations.png

Maybe it should be like SC. Wake up and leave room, get elevator to ground floor, Go to transport service and get on the transport to the mission giver, Get mission, Got back to transport to go to Spacedock. Get in elevator to get to ship, run from elevator to get to ship, Open door of ship and get in, walk to cockpit door and open it, get in flight seat.

Or we can just get mission from terminal, get lift, run 60 yards and get in flight seat.

I know what i prefer

Maybe it should be like SC. Wake up and leave room, get elevator to ground floor, Go to transport service and get on the transport to the mission giver, Get mission, Got back to transport to go to Spacedock. Get in elevator to get to ship, run from elevator to get to ship, Open door of ship and get in, walk to cockpit door and open it, get in flight seat.

Or we can just get mission from terminal, get lift, run 60 yards and get in flight seat.

I know what i prefer
Yup, that can be very disheartening, but you leave out the ability to also sleep on board of your ship, have ship interiors and social interaction + EVA and so on.

Every way to tackle the feature of walking around in a space game has some problems.
The X series made it quite pointless and minigamey dressing teleportation as "lifts", to the point where the devs added menue options to bypass the boring on board stuff allowing to hire crew and buy ships from trademenues.

SC wants to fully portrait life in space, including having to traverse large stations and your ships, which leads to a lot of downtime used for moving from A to B.

EDO just goes the basic browser game way, having a fake social hub and dressing up loading screens, to play a completely detached experience.
This can be seen in the X4 approach of teleporting lifts, non animated fade to black ship boarding and missing interiors. There is no focus on a coherent experience, it is focused on having a standalone experience of being on foot. Well even X4 had that coherence.

Last edited:
Top Bottom