i don't like the Frontier Store... at all.

Don't get me wrong, the items are neat and range from pricy (ship kits) to incredible cheap (everything else) but the Payment Methods are not up to date. I'm from Germany and I don't have a Credit Card or Paypal Account.
I like paying directly online, wait a few minutes and get my digital goods.
Simple, direct, efficent.
Plus if I wanna spend 2,50 € on Laser and Exhaust Colors, why make it so complicated?

So Frontier, here are two solutions: - get more Payment Methods like SofortÜberweisung and the likes or put all your stuff on Steam so I can buy it there.

Anyone with me on that one?

You can get steam recharge cards 20/50 euro... put them on your steam account. And then go in outfitting to the store... thats how i do it and it's working just fine.

Except you pay 50 cent more per item.

Really, how? I think its the other way around, frontier gets less. They only ask for the same price. I don't think you cant choose though, so if your exchange rate is better in pounds rather than the usd price yeah you do pay more.

load the store via Steam and load it direct from Fdev's site (compare)... there is a difference. Steam charges extra for being a middle man.

Aren’t most banks in Germany like the ones in the UK where you would be given a debit card as part of your standard account?

You don’t need a credit card as long as your debit card is issued by one of the supported credit card issuers (e.g. Visa Debit, Debit MasterCard).

Aren’t most banks in Germany like the ones in the UK where you would be given a debit card as part of your standard account?

You don’t need a credit card as long as your debit card is issued by one of the supported credit card issuers (e.g. Visa Debit, Debit MasterCard).
Debit cards of course, Visa, Master or such - no. But all major banks have prepaid credit cards...

load the store via Steam and load it direct from Fdev's site (compare)... there is a difference. Steam charges extra for being a middle man.

Not for me.. the new mamba painjob is $4 usd on frontierstore and steam.elitedangerous. Had me worried there for a sec. Maybe what you're looking at is pounds on frontierstore?

I just did, they are identical.

Its been a while since i purchased MicroTransactions through the steam varient of the Frontier store, so prices may have changed.
But when i last did so i was charged more. 30% more. Im not sure if that extra is added to the bill once you have made your selections.

Here is a thread. Maybe Fdev now take the hit for that 30%. But i know for a fact that i paid extra, which is why i swapped to direct purchase from Frontier.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/steam-vs-buying-from-fdev.443161/

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/steam-frontier-store-paint-jobs-with-stream-wallet.463234/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/359320/discussions/0/3022387599806217572/

Last edited:
I usually use my Paypal account for payments to new or rarely used web sites. Paypal can be linked to a bank account in case one does not own a credit card.
In my case, it also gives me another layer of security, as my card/account details are not given to each and every online shop site.

Top Bottom