I found a new Abandoned Settlement. (Please let it be new!)

Since EDSM can now be updated by console users, I decided to go to a nearby station that hadn't been updated in around a year. So I set out to land on Velho Holdings on Nervir BC 6 g.

In an unusual break in policy, I started mapping the system after landing at the station. After much probing and landing, I finally arrived at the main star and it's closest planets, finally arriving at the icy body Nervir A 2 a. There is where I located Crowther's Rest, and abandoned settlement on a mountain plateau. It is located at Lat. 50.5091, Lon. -17.1776 , contains one settlement comms log uplink and some G1-G4 materials located on the site.

Now, a search on EDSM, the Forums and Google do not mention this site at all, so I am assuming I am the only one to find it so far. Below is a couple of pictures I took when I was there the first time. The text, both transcribed and in a screenshot are at the bottom hidden behind a spoiler tag.

QBGvRbe.png
CNSjAOd.jpg
tbSm7Ed.jpg
hfePbdZ.png

Interestingly, the log below shows up under generation ships instead of abandoned settlements in the Codex.

This settlement stands as a memorial for Kenneth Crowther, a renowned engineer and pioneer in the field of gyroscopes used in space travel. His work help humanity reach the stars.
TuUlZaU.png

[up] Good job, commander! I Googled it and got the message No results found for "crowther's rest" elite dangerous.You should post your findings in Dangerous Discussion.

Last edited:
[up] Good job, commander! I Googled it and got the message No results found for "crowther's rest" elite dangerous.You should post your findings in Dangerous Discussion.

I guess I can make a new thread there and post a link to this post here. It just seemed more appropriate to post it here at the time :)

Yes, after mapping the planet it showed up in the nav panel. Though it is reported as a Guardian signal.

That still happening? It was reported by myself and a few others in the beta but I haven't run across it yet myself in live, maybe a bug report warranted also so they know it's still happening.

Oh yes, congratulations on your find, so far I have only found smelly plants!

Last edited:
That still happening? It was reported by myself and a few others in the beta but I haven't run across it yet myself in live, maybe a bug report warranted also so they know it's still happening.
Yup, but you got to admit, it got my attention :)

Oh yes, congratulations on your find, so far I have only found smelly plants!

Heh, more plants that I have, I can tell you that much :)

How did this appear on the new FSS? Curious to make sure I'm not ignoring things I thought were not important...

How did this appear on the new FSS? Curious to make sure I'm not ignoring things I thought were not important...

I didn't find it with the FSS. I flew to it and probed it. I think that if I had waited for it to resolve the signals I might have found it earlier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom