I got a very fishy email

I have to admit that after looking up a few things I am completely unsure whether or not this email is legitimately sent by FDev.
What I want to say with this thread is
  • If this is a scam attempt, please be warned
  • If this is legitimate, FDev, please put a little more effort into not creating mails that look like scam

Very well spotted and good investigation, OP!
I want to support this:
FDev, please put a little more effort into not creating mails that look like scam
!

And yes, this is very important these days!

And it is definitely not paranoia, but finding it not suspicious is at least naive.

Hey guys!

Just wanted to put your minds at ease and assure you this isn't a spam or hoax email! Jagex is the creator of Runescape and operates within Cambridge, same as us, so we've teamed up for Gameblast to help out Special Effect.

I can also confirm that the eBay auction is legitimate, and this has been mentioned on all our social channels as well.

Do let me know if there's anything further I can help you with :)

This has happened before, you (as a company) have learned nothing from last time.
I have not received the newsletter from Friday which I am subscribed to (I'm not overly concerned about this), but have received this spam that I have opted out of. Clearly something isn't right.

Last edited:
This has happened before, you (as a company) have learned nothing from last time.
I have not received the newsletter from Friday which I am subscribed to (I'm not overly concerned about this), but have received this spam that I have opted out of. Clearly something isn't right.

Agreed, although it may be legitimate and directly from FD, it's still fishy. :|

In case nobody is aware, Jagex is another British game developer with several titles, the most well-known of which is Runescape.

edit: Only just now saw that Normandy mentioned this already, oops! Delete this post I guess? :V

Last edited:
Top Bottom