I Guess Don’t Do Those Messaged In Missions

Well, that was almost fun. Got two missions “emailed” to me. One a mayhem mission and the other a stolen goods retrieval both were for pretty good money, 21M combined. Spent the best part of a couple hours nuking civi ships. Then go to turn in. The turn in points are settlements. “Well, cool” I think. Then i get there and realize that the settlement is not owned by the mission giver faction. So while the blue mark is on “Missions” UI button indicating a mission is able to be turned in, in reality you can’t since the “completed missions” option is not available on the board.

Awesome. Just awesome.

Well, that was almost fun. Got two missions “emailed” to me. One a mayhem mission and the other a stolen goods retrieval both were for pretty good money, 21M combined. Spent the best part of a couple hours nuking civi ships. Then go to turn in. The turn in points are settlements. “Well, cool” I think. Then i get there and realize that the settlement is not owned by the mission giver faction. So while the blue mark is on “Missions” UI button indicating a mission is able to be turned in, in reality you can’t since the “completed missions” option is not available on the board.

Awesome. Just awesome.
I enjoy those random Inbox missions so it sucks that I can't tell if it's completable, resulting in me ignoring them all for now. If you feel inclined you could add to the bug report here:
https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/42903

Just a few more reports needed to get it 'Confirmed'.

EDIT: As of 25th Oct the above report has Expired, due to insufficient confirmations. New bug report created by someone here: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/44067

Last edited:
Well you did better than me, I noobed hard.
I got a quest to pick a dude up and take him to the other side of the galaxy for 38mil. So I did it and halfway through I realized I dont want to grind this anymore and that I was also going to have to do the return trip in a Diamond Back X topped out at 32ly... So I self destructed and by the time I sorted out my losses I figured it cost me over 50mil to even bother with it.
For someone who likes exploring I will never do another exploration mission again.

There is EXACTLY ONE just above my post. I don’t consider a passenger number being higher than zero really interesting exploration related mission content.

Sounds like a bug, normally you can turn in missions even when wanted.

That said, a lot of those random message missions are bugged, as theyve never been updated like normal templates

Sounds like a bug, normally you can turn in missions even when wanted.

That said, a lot of those random message missions are bugged, as theyve never been updated like normal templates
EDO settlements have terminals, but they only show stuff for the owning faction. It's not about being wanted.

here's an example I just got - the mission text gives no indication of the drop location - so you can't tell if it is valid:
1634551528411.png

if you accept you get the drop location:

1634551575881.png

but when you check that the target is owned by the correct faction (Sol Workers Party), you find ...

1634551640983.png

... oops.

No... that's not what happened here. They simply generate with a mission giver that doesn't exist at the settlement but DOES exist in the system. I completed the mission that night. It's not possible for the settlement to have changed hands. It's happened to quite a few others.

There is EXACTLY ONE just above my post. I don’t consider a passenger number being higher than zero really interesting exploration related mission content.
Indeed it was quite boring to have to B-line it to the mission point. I wanted to explore on the way, I guess I could have on the way back but I expected to have a time limit there too with returning the client... They were a tolerant passenger so I could have a bit but not to see some grander things in time.
The passenger should give me points of interest along the way in my opinion if they are going to steal your exploration time from you.

Top Bottom