I have completed both Thargoid Ocatgoid kills! (H + 3B +4C) and (M + 7C)

So Monday night I was able to summon fourr Cyclops to a Hydra + Triple Basilisk to create the ultimate thatgoid instance:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ORRVE3jJX8

And last week I did the same in a Medusa + Triple Cyclops to create the other octagoid:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wx6-8oU2w0

I have now succesfully destroyed both ocatgoid instances :) first person to get both!

AsI said in the first one I have to thank CMDR Maligno and CMDR Sniperman672 both of whom completed an Octagoid previously, and are far better pilots that I will ever be :) , for their advice and guidance on how to succesfully get these instances and engaging this many thargoid interceptors

Last edited:
I have no idea what was going on in the videos, but it was cool... I need to get some understanding of dogfight and Thargoids first, before I will know just by looking what is happening, who does what and why...

thank you :)
Questions:
1. Why is the number of points in the table the same and YOU are ahead ? Is he after YOU in the table ? Or is the ship's size taken into account ?
2. Why YOU fly the ASP and not your (as YOU said favorite) ship - Cheeftain ?

Questions:
1. Why is the number of points in the table the same and YOU are ahead ? Is he after YOU in the table ? Or is the ship's size taken into account ?
2. Why YOU fly the ASP and not your (as YOU said favorite) ship - Cheeftain ?

The scoring goes first on points, then on point requirement of the ship, and then on time to compelte the kill.

points are the same for me and Maligno, and the clipper and asp are both 40 point ships (final score is TOTAL points minus ship point value) but I completed it in under half the time of Maligno. He used the clipper which is arguably a much more difficult task given the poor convergance of it's hardpoints hence the length of the fight. The asp is less maneuverable and durable but has good hardpoint convergance.

I didnt use the chieftain because it is an 80 point ship. I had already completed the Octagoid in the chieftain before for 105 points.

Last edited:
Top Bottom