I have never .....

Okay, way too much doom and gloom on the first page, time for a light hearted post I think :D

Being an avid forumite plus still actively playing the game for way more hours than I probably should be, I have come to a realisation that after 1,600 odd game hours there are still significant aspects of the game I have never touched -

I have never mined an asteroid
: Yep, this core activity is probably the one I will never do, just doesn't interest me in the slightest. Hat's off to those who enjoy it, just not my cup of tea.

I have never killed another Commander: But by god I have killed a lot of those nasty and naughty NPCs. Even though I avoided Open for a while, I have started playing in the big kids playground for the last couple of weeks. Don't know what I will do if I find myself in conflict with another Commander, meh probably end up in a cloud of cosmic dust then the rebuy screen. But yes, as it currently stands, I have not killed a fellow player.

I have never used a limpet: Probably because I haven't done any mining, but even scooping mats at a SS, I still prefer using the good old Mark 1 Eyeball, pride myself on being able to scoop an item first go every time. As for all the other varieties of limpets, to be honest I probably wouldn't know how to use them anyway :D

I have never seen a Thargoid: Even though I reside in the area, yet to see one. Oh I know they are around because every time I look at the GalMap I can see all the damaged station icons relatively close to me. Once day I might stick my nose in a NHSS, but I am in no hurry, it's not like they are taking over the galaxy or anything ;)

I have never used the Neutron Highway: I have read about it, even investigated it a bit. Still slightly confused on just how to use it but I might if I decided to take an ultra long journey somewhere. So far I have managed without needing to use one, but then my style of exploration is kind of different to most. I am not in a hurry to get to the destination, so I tend to scope out what is in front of me an even if it looks mildly interesting, I will drop in for a peek.

I have never done a Rares run: Nope, did look at doing one once but the idea of flying around and around just to make a bucket load of credits didn't sound like fun, so I found other ways of making my own bucket load of credits. Have moved a handful of rares around, but only if I find them during normal gameplay, I have not set out to purposely do a the infamous Rares Runs (are they still a 'thing' or have they been nerfed?)

I have never gone out purposely to kill NPC civilians: Done a few assassination missions if the story held out, but flatly refuse to do massacre missions if the targets are just traders or the such. Nowadays, will only attack an NPC if they are wanted, if not, they get to live another day.

I have never flown a T10, Anaconda, Cutter or Corvette: Utterly no interest in them, biggest ship I own is a Clipper and to be honest I am starting to wonder why I bought the thing. I have gotten into doing some of the high paying small (under 1,000T) quantity wing missions, either haulage or fetch and did consider getting a bigger ship than my Python. But did the math first, and realised I wouldn't be gaining much. For starters, I found most of the destinations were outposts, so that precludes big ships anyway. And even if I stuck with only stations, all I would gain is maybe completing the mission in 4 runs, not 6 or 7. Since I tend to try to maximise my time, I rarely travel empty so I am making credits on those extra runs and most of them are only one jump so it is quick.

I have never flown a passenger mission: Yes I know they are easy credits but the though of travelling a longish distance, just to have some of your payload refuse to pay because you got scanned or missed a deadline by a minute is enough for me to give them a miss. Personal choice and all!

Okay, that is all I can think of this morning, waiting for the coffee to kick in I guess. I know some will say I haven't been playing the game to it's potential, and you may well be right. But that is why I have 1,600 plus hours in the game, it allows me to play the game the way I want to, to have the ability to disregard the bits that don't interest me whilst still keeping me fully engaged in doing the bits I enjoy - what more can you ask for in a game?

Last edited:
In addition to most of the above, I have never:

Used, or even fitted, a manifest scanner
Followed a scanned high wake
Collected an unknown artifact/fragment (or whatever they're called now)
Suicided, for any reason

In addition to most of the above, I have never:

Used, or even fitted, a manifest scanner
Followed a scanned high wake
Collected an unknown artifact/fragment (or whatever they're called now)
Suicided, for any reason

I haven't done the first three either, but did suicide once when my ship was destroyed whilst hooning around the surface in an SRV. Yes I forgot I could have relogged back into ED Vanilla and got out of it but to be honest it wasn't a biggie, more frustration on my part lol

I haven't done the first three either, but did suicide once when my ship was destroyed whilst hooning around the surface in an SRV. Yes I forgot I could have relogged back into ED Vanilla and got out of it but to be honest it wasn't a biggie, more frustration on my part lol

I'd like to say I've never mode-swapped, but I did it once, after being presented with my 5th consecutive assassination Navy ranking mission, while flying an exploration-rigged AspX

My CMDR has never killed another CMDR either...somehow they always manage to eject in time.

Have moved a handful of rares around, but only if I find them during normal gameplay, I have not set out to purposely do a the infamous Rares Runs (are they still a 'thing' or have they been nerfed?)

Rares haven't been nerfed, if anything they have been buffed. However, since the money supply keeps increasing, but prices remain fixed, all commodity trading has suffered. They simply aren't worth much, purchasing power vs. time wise.

Running rares used to be one of the most profitable things one could do and drove quite a bit of interesting gameplay, from exploration, to the golden age of CMDR piracy. The amount of travel involved was responsible for introducing players to much of the bubble.

I got 350h in the game and I never ...

... killed a CMDR
... been killed by another CMDR
... winged with another CMDR

(and I've always played in Open)

... never did a CG
... never did Powerplay
... never did CqC

... never got a Large ship (and not planning to)
... never interdicted / used an interdictor
... never used an AMFU

And I could go on :p

Okay, way too much doom and gloom on the first page, time for a light hearted post I think :D

Being an avid forumite plus still actively playing the game for way more hours than I probably should be, I have come to a realisation that after 1,600 odd game hours there are still significant aspects of the game I have never touched -

: Yep, this core activity is probably the one I will never do, just doesn't interest me in the slightest. Hat's off to those who enjoy it, just not my cup of tea.

I have never killed another Commander: But by god I have killed a lot of those nasty and naughty NPCs. Even though I avoided Open for a while, I have started playing in the big kids playground for the last couple of weeks. Don't know what I will do if I find myself in conflict with another Commander, meh probably end up in a cloud of cosmic dust then the rebuy screen. But yes, as it currently stands, I have not killed a fellow player.

I have never used a limpet: Probably because I haven't done any mining, but even scooping mats at a SS, I still prefer using the good old Mark 1 Eyeball, pride myself on being able to scoop an item first go every time. As for all the other varieties of limpets, to be honest I probably wouldn't know how to use them anyway :D

I have never seen a Thargoid: Even though I reside in the area, yet to see one. Oh I know they are around because every time I look at the GalMap I can see all the damaged station icons relatively close to me. Once day I might stick my nose in a NHSS, but I am in no hurry, it's not like they are taking over the galaxy or anything ;)

I have never used the Neutron Highway: I have read about it, even investigated it a bit. Still slightly confused on just how to use it but I might if I decided to take an ultra long journey somewhere. So far I have managed without needing to use one, but then my style of exploration is kind of different to most. I am not in a hurry to get to the destination, so I tend to scope out what is in front of me an even if it looks mildly interesting, I will drop in for a peek.

I have never done a Rares run: Nope, did look at doing one once but the idea of flying around and around just to make a bucket load of credits didn't sound like fun, so I found other ways of making my own bucket load of credits. Have moved a handful of rares around, but only if I find them during normal gameplay, I have not set out to purposely do a the infamous Rares Runs (are they still a 'thing' or have they been nerfed?)

I have never gone out purposely to kill NPC civilians: Done a few assassination missions if the story held out, but flatly refuse to do massacre missions if the targets are just traders or the such. Nowadays, will only attack an NPC if they are wanted, if not, they get to live another day.

I have never flown a T10, Anaconda, Cutter or Corvette: Utterly no interest in them, biggest ship I own is a Clipper and to be honest I am starting to wonder why I bought the thing. I have gotten into doing some of the high paying small (under 1,000T) quantity wing missions, either haulage or fetch and did consider getting a bigger ship than my Python. But did the math first, and realised I wouldn't be gaining much. For starters, I found most of the destinations were outposts, so that precludes big ships anyway. And even if I stuck with only stations, all I would gain is maybe completing the mission in 4 runs, not 6 or 7. Since I tend to try to maximise my time, I rarely travel empty so I am making credits on those extra runs and most of them are only one jump so it is quick.

I have never flown a passenger mission: Yes I know they are easy credits but the though of travelling a longish distance, just to have some of your payload refuse to pay because you got scanned or missed a deadline by a minute is enough for me to give them a miss. Personal choice and all!

Okay, that is all I can think of this morning, waiting for the coffee to kick in I guess. I know some will say I haven't been playing the game to it's potential, and you may well be right. But that is why I have 1,600 plus hours in the game, it allows me to play the game the way I want to, to have the ability to disregard the bits that don't interest me whilst still keeping me fully engaged in doing the bits I enjoy - what more can you ask for in a game?

Never flown a T-10? :eek:

Same here. I flew a T-9 once. Once.

I've never killed a Tharagoid.

I've never interdicted another CMDR or fired the first shot without provocation.

I've never unlocked any Guardian tech.

I have an alt account that has never fired a shot or flew with weapons.

I got 350h in the game and I never ...

... killed a CMDR
... been killed by another CMDR
... winged with another CMDR

(and I've always played in Open)

... never did a CG
... never did Powerplay
... never did CqC

... never got a Large ship (and not planning to)
... never interdicted / used an interdictor
... never used an AMFU

And I could go on :p

yep more things I haven't done:

Never interested in PowerPlay, ignored it completely
Never interested in CQC
Never even bought an AMFU
Never winged up

Nope, closest is a a T-6, only bought that for one mission due to distance (didn't want to take the Python), did the mission, immediately sold the T-6 lol

I have never killed another Commander

Was going to say "never done this", but I technically have a player kill to my name. Was docking my Anaconda and a player in an Adder tried to race through the mailslot underneath me. The sound of that poor little Adder being crushed and destroyed were quite loud.

Was going to say "never done this", but I technically have a player kill to my name. Was docking my Anaconda and a player in an Adder tried to race through the mailslot underneath me. The sound of that poor little Adder being crushed and destroyed were quite loud.

But in reality, was it you killing another commander or that commander committing suicide by stupidity? lol

I have never - done anything for the Empire.
No rank. No engineer. Negative rep.
And yet I own a clipper.
It’s called “Arissa’s Mistake” in honour of how I came to have it.

It would be the same for the Feds. Except my team had a BGS project to flip a Fed permit locked system to Alliance.

Wow, quite a list. Hopefully you'll get to check off a few more. A lot of them are worth it imo as your ED experiences continue..

: Not even interested in doing it for the engineer's favor?
I have never killed another Commander I've accidently bumped into another player a couple times..

I have never used a limpet: I'd recommend it, it helps a lot. You can send out three at a time untargeted and they can quickly scoop up all mats in your local area. (untargeted, they continue to the next avaialble mat or item after transferring to your lowered cargo hatch until they run out of activation time) Also, good to check out the repair or decontamination limpet controllers. It can help with your own ship plus others such as npc victims or cmdrs.

I have never seen a Thargoid: Hope you see them sometime or even their bases. Some of the best design work FDev have done in ED since 2.4! The thargoid scouts are cool too, like ufo-flying saucers. Reminds of those old space arcade games except in nice 3D.

I have never used the Neutron Highway: Without spoiling too much, they can also be quite dangerous. There's also a variation or so (quasar?) that has a cool spirally effect.

I have never done a Rares run: Me neither, just picked up the ones needed for engineers.
I have never gone out purposely to kill NPC civilians: Yep, I've refused to do assassination missions that target anyone but pirate lords and some opposition generals..
I have never flown a T10, Anaconda, Cutter or Corvette: I do hope you try one of the big four someday. or at least maybe you've multi-crew joined one of them sometime(?). The cutter is a great ship to do hauling and other multi-role tasks as well as just 'bask'. Closest so far to be flying like a Star Trek ship, Enterprise, or closer to Voyager size at similar high warp(sc) 9.98 speed..

Last edited:
I have never killed another Commander:

I have never done a Rares run:

I've never done either one of these things. Never killed another CMDR for pretty much the same reasons. I've also never done Rare runs unless the engineer unlocks count. Same goes for mining. Unlocks only. I'll add another thing to my list and that's CGs. Never tried one and it's something that I'm not that interested in.

Top Bottom