I hope DW2 gets ganked all the way to Beagle Point.

If the devs are actually restoring ships, data, assets of official DW2 participants, and well known PKrs are either friends with or members of the related PGs - I think this would be a great opportunity to actually demonstrate the profound annoyance a PK gank event actually represents.

Let me be clear. The rules permit this gameplay - there is no moral deficit expressed by the players that exercise the rules as they see fit.

If, however, the devs are jammed restoring hundreds or even thousands of player data sets over the several month journey - perhaps - just maybe - a tiny glimmer of possibility here - FDEV will realize that an OPEN PVE mode is actually a good thing.

So you 5th column nefarios, jackals and wolves following the wide-eyed and eager explorers - here's to you. Shoot straight, shoot often and may your cargo holds fill with more salt than even you can carry. TALLY HO!

Last edited:
This just stupid, I mean Frontier restoring their ships.

If you going out exploring with out shields and weapons, as some do, as part of a large expedition, then there a real risk you are going to be attack, either don't join the expedition and go explore solo, take weapons and shields or take the risk and enjoy some of the edge of your seats flying trying to avoid those pirates weapons fire.

If I was Frontier I would just wrap a whole story around it, that some mysterious organisation have hired these people to prevent this expedition from going ahead. An that people should be prepared to be attack for the whole length of the expedition.

Last edited:

If you going out exploring with out shields and weapons, as some do, as part of a large expedition, then there a real risk you are going to be attack, either don't join the expedition and go explore solo, take weapons and shields or take the risk and enjoy some of the edge of your seats flying trying to avoid those pirates weapons fire.

If I was Frontier I would just wrap a whole story around it, that some mysterious organisation have hired these people to prevent this expedition from going ahead. An that people should be prepared to be attack for the whole length of the expedition.

Pretty sure this is happening in a Private Group, where the rules of that particular group prohibit this, so no, it's not stupid of Frontier supporting the enforcement of Private Group rules, and correcting events that should not have happened, simply because some bunch of [there is no adjective usable under forum rules] feel some personal affront to people doing things on their own.

At this point Fdev will only considering reinstating your ship at point of destruction if you are in a NON-PVP private t group.
When you enter FLEETCOMM you must agree to no PVP so if you shoot someone in FLEETCOMM you are breaking their rules .
Fdev MAY reinstate you if you don’t hit rebuy and file a ticket.

Sounds only fair to me.
It's Good for Fdev to consider this

At this point Fdev will only considering reinstating your ship at point of destruction if you are in a NON-PVP private t group.
When you enter FLEETCOMM you must agree to no PVP so if you shoot someone in FLEETCOMM you are breaking their rules .
Fdev MAY reinstate you if you don’t hit rebuy and file a ticket.

Sounds only fair to me.
It's Good for Fdev to consider this

Wonder if they'll reinstate ships if I make my own PG with PvE only rules?

FDev is removing the "dangerous" in ED. It's quickly becoming Elite:Carebear

Pretty sure this is happening in a Private Group, where the rules of that particular group prohibit this, so no, it's not stupid of Frontier supporting the enforcement of Private Group rules, and correcting events that should not have happened, simply because some bunch of [there is no adjective usable under forum rules] feel some personal affront to people doing things on their own.

If the PG's rules actually prohibited PKing, then player damage would be turned off. But it is not turned off. So PKing is perfectly fine despite the arbitrary rules. It is incumbent on the owners of the PG to kick from the group people who PK. It is not incumbent on FDev to do so.

DW2 getting ganked all the way to Beagle Point does the case for FDev to create a safe space, err, PvE server as that is simply Mobius. It does make the case for players taking some responsibility for their choices (min\maxing the ships for jump distance at the expense of protection, etc.) and the consequences (both good and bad) thereof.

Last edited:
Top Bottom