Newcomer / Intro I HOPE THAT SOMEONE AT FRONTIER READ THIS.

I’m very happy about the 3.2 update. I was not expecting that much, since it was supposed to be a small one. I appreciate all the new stuff.

I feel that there is something for everyone. New fighter ship with hybrid guardian technology, new weapon class (I always wanted to have more torpedo and missile and a class MC turrets), a new ship (or two), new wings missions, other place to visit and the most intriguing thing is the Gnosis jump into the cone. This last aspect can appeal to explorer until Q4.

A lot of time, I feel that some people are a very hard on the dev’s, like spoiled kids that want everything, not knowing the values that what we already have. Even my most preferred youtuber seem sometime to forget how much this game the top is of is genre. Like Cmdr Exigious have said: we love to hate what we love. Personally, I prefer to be balanced my view in consideration with all we have.

We have a game, if not the best adapted for VR, wish is one of the better one. Even triple A game are not on top as Elite Dangerous in this aspect. We have a complex and rich sandbox game in a simulation of our galaxy, with less realistic things to make it more viable like very semi Newtonian physic. I have learned to thrust David Braben and am vision, because he has proven a lot of time that he can deliver. In time, I’m sure we will have atmospheric planet to land on and some type of space legs.

It’s funny how much time I see people complaining, but at the same time after having played on thousands, two thousands hours… What kind of game we can play for so long if we find it shallow or empty? For me, after having played this game for more than a year and an half regularly, I always wonder what to do since there is so much to do.

Elite Dangerous is not perfect, the dev are only human, but they sure do a hell of a good job. David has promised to develop this game for ten years and we are just at the middle point. They have said that this year would be more a relax one, to return to basic and they are still adding more that what I expected.

I wanted to say thank you to everyone at Frontier. I feel the love that people have put in this. We are a great passionate community too. This is really an exceptional game, a dream come true from an old Frontier First Encounter fan. For me it’s not a question if…, but when…, and I am more than ready to be patient for what is to come.

Sorry for my Englizh, see you in the dark.

Cmdr SadSky

A lot of time, I feel that some people are a very hard on the dev’s, like spoiled kids that want everything, not knowing the values that what we already have.

i feel that having to resort to generalizations and ridiculing of other's opinions is a funny way of writing an appreciation for something. anyway, good for you!

if i would like to appreciate this game i would enumerate its strongest points:
- the 1:1 simulation of the galaxy
- the simulation of flying your own space ship in it

these two things alone make this an outstanding game. now, the thing is that these two aspects exist since release, in 2014. the other addition came in 2015 and was planetary landings:

- allowing us to roam around barren planets enjoying gorgeous views.

and that's it. if you left out all updates except the first from horizons the game would still pretty much what makes it great today. so that's the real progress this game has had in 4 years: planetary landings, meaning the rest delivered is mostly irrelevant, actually rubbish with few exceptions, much of it clearly detracting from the game. there is indeed some little thing you like in each batch but it's basically poorly thought out mechanics thrown together to merely fill out a schedule or comply with a feature list. sorry if that hurts your feelings, but that's what i see and it doesn't prevent me from enjoying the game too.

Last edited:
What did we get?
Weapons, a ship and a few missions.
Same as every other updates.
As stated above. Exploration since game launch received better mapping and the ability to explore barren planets. Not much else.

Clearly our time is coming. A lot is riding on it.
For this update it's safe to say
'Nothing to see here'.
Unless of course combat is your thing.

The previous versions of the Elite series were much less elaborate at all levels.

And there are certainly many things will come in ED.

It's the main part after all.

I know that Elite 1984, FE2 and FFE are not the same era but for the players of those times, many things which are in ED, were dreams of teenagers and young adults.

Your English is great and I agree with everything you said.
Particularly the part about people complaining about not enough content after they have played the game for thousands of hours. I've made that point myself, before, because I simply don't understand it.

The fact that the game is still actively developed and new things are added all the time is a small miracle and I'm very grateful to Frontier, too.

Right on, commander. o7

I've been playing for 5 months now, and I still feel like I've barely started with all that is possible. I can't think of any other game that has kept my attention and enthusiasm for anywhere near that long.

+rep, OP :)

When i saw the title i thought "that's it another player complaining, i'm going to burn him to pieces", but them....what a surprise.
You are right mate, ED is a fantastic game and the best is the ability you have to do whatever you want with it, those who complain all the time i'm sure they play it the wrong way.

Repped

CMDR PauloG01

o7

I've been playing for 5 months now, and I still feel like I've barely started with all that is possible. I can't think of any other game that has kept my attention and enthusiasm for anywhere near that long.

+rep, OP :)

Eight months for me and I agree entirely.

It’s not perfect, there are things that have needed fixing for as long as I’ve been playing and probably longer, but nothing has ever offered me as much as Elite Dangerous has, kept me fixated as much or had me looking forward to the possibilities of the game’s future as much.

Put simply, I bought a second account. I’ve never bought two copies of the same game before.............ok, slightly disingenuous but you see my point:)

EDIT: Rep all round, I need to spread it and even the critical comments have been balanced.

Well, I don't know why we haven't got the following items already: it smacks of laziness if you ask me...

- the ability to get up out of your pilot's seat and walk around your ship. And make a cuppa if you want one

- be able to exit your ship and walk around a fully developed and interactive station, orbital or planetary. Same idea on planet surfaces when landed. Tea making facilities optional.

- for the super rich, owning your own Coriolis (or platform) A sub-game "Theme Space Station" can then be introduced. I'd build a food court for hoopy froods.

This should all have been available at launch and totally bug free. Players should also start with 1bn credits and all engineers unlocked.

Removing my tongue from my cheek for a moment and raining in the sad attempt at humour, well said OP. Reppage /inc.

Last edited:
A Galactic food court and service station......you’d rake it in. I’m a little surprised not to have seen a Starbucks out there but maybe I’m just going too fast

i don't want to complain but...

why always combat ?

there is people who started a circumnavigation of the galaxy, people who goes to beagle point, people (like me) who simply like to
go around the galaxy outside the bubble.
And what devs want to upgrade ? combat.

Yes the 3.4 will be for explorers.. but this is not the point.
The point is that a game made for exploration was updated for years (years) mostly at combat: clearly there is something wrong.

Many of us are maybe happy ..but much more are sad and stay in silent for respect.
I can't... not this time at least.

Sorry.

you almost had me there for a moment! [haha]

why always combat ?

i would guess it's an easy way to churn out content. not much thought needed nor creativity, can reuse assets, the game framework seems already laid out for that ... it's probably what i would deliver if i was short on time and resources and just needed to get something out to maintain attention. which means most of the mythical 100 are doing something else, completely different and 'very exciting'(tm)! yikes! the bulk of that tiny not-that-exciting portion of work probably got into the new guardian 'interaction' and the new slf, but a few weapons and a ship would seem a good complement and are relatively cheap plus ... you can stick a paintjob on them!

why always combat ?

there is people who started a circumnavigation of the galaxy, people who goes to beagle point, people (like me) who simply like to
go around the galaxy outside the bubble.
And what devs want to upgrade ? combat.

Yes the 3.4 will be for explorers.. but this is not the point.
The point is that a game made for exploration was updated for years (years) mostly at combat: clearly there is something wrong.

Many of us are maybe happy ..but much more are sad and stay in silent for respect.
I can't... not this time at least.

Sorry.

The thing is that Elite was never a game made for Exploration/Trading/Combat/Smuggling/Piracy/Mining (pick any one) it was a game for any and all of them in any combination that you wanted.

I agree that there have been few enhancements exclusive to Exploration since the discovery prices were increased a while back, however a lot of the new stuff that has been released is good for explorers for example synthesis has been expanded and the introduction of repair limpets the increase in the ways to boost jump range can help explorers as much as anyone.

Top Bottom