I joined the forum in 2006.

Hello.
I joined the forum in 2006 and my first post was how I envisioned Elite IV...

"I think, that Elite IV should have (in comparison with FFE):

• improved GFX,
  • fixed ships bugs (i.e Hawk, that should have 13 tonnes of capacity instead of 7 without a drive - check yourself: 5 tonnes hull, 18 fully laden and... 7 tonnes capacity!! Something' s obvious wrong here! It' s common, for example panther clipper, kestrel and lots of other ships - please, mr Braben, confirm that!),
  • fully operational fighter launcher device (let' s say - taking into panther some falcon airfighters and launching them, when nessesery - controlled by computer - so good fun with customizing your small fleet, ahhh!),
  • customize viev of ships (i.e markings, colours, etc.),
  • and, saint grail - multiplayer.

Rampaging around planets outside the ship would be cool, but, I suppose, it' s isn' t essential part of Frontier."

Well, it seems I got what I wanted.
1. improved GFX,
2. fully operational fighter launcher device (I did envision it differently tho' as a bay for regular small ships like eagle or sidewinder),
3. customized ships - God, I've spent loads of cash on those...
4. multiplayer... Nuff said.
I even got what I didn't expect - riding on the planets (in SRV)...

I just thought I'll share. Cheers.

• improved GFX,
Well...
GROG.gif

Good job

Hello.
I joined the forum in 2006 and my first post was how I envisioned Elite IV...

• improved GFX,
  • fixed ships bugs (i.e Hawk, that should have 13 tonnes of capacity instead of 7 without a drive - check yourself: 5 tonnes hull, 18 fully laden and... 7 tonnes capacity!! Something' s obvious wrong here! It' s common, for example panther clipper, kestrel and lots of other ships - please, mr Braben, confirm that!),
  • fully operational fighter launcher device (let' s say - taking into panther some falcon airfighters and launching them, when nessesery - controlled by computer - so good fun with customizing your small fleet, ahhh!),
  • customize viev of ships (i.e markings, colours, etc.),
  • and, saint grail - multiplayer.

Rampaging around planets outside the ship would be cool, but, I suppose, it' s isn' t essential part of Frontier."

Well, it seems I got what I wanted.
1. improved GFX,
2. fully operational fighter launcher device (I did envision it differently tho' as a bay for regular small ships like eagle or sidewinder),
3. customized ships - God, I've spent loads of cash on those...
4. multiplayer... Nuff said.
I even got what I didn't expect - riding on the planets (in SRV)...

I just thought I'll share. Cheers.

Hi Bart,

I was not too long after you and remember that thread :) I am still waiting on generation ships that I can murder the crew though :p

Top Bottom