I just got blown up by my own carrier, while defending myself from the police that are meant to defend my carrier.

Not at all, i'm saying the FC should treat you as the owner and not retaliate, just like it doesnt retaliate when the law hits it, not that you should be treated above the law
Oh well, it is a useful learning experience I suppose - just write it off as a new experience, and learn from mistakes...
Made a hilarious bleat though - there are probably more FC owners who made the same error - including me - it is just a rebuy 🤷‍♂️

Oh well, it is a useful learning experience I suppose - just write it off as a new experience, and learn from mistakes...
Made a hilarious bleat though - there are probably more FC owners who made the same error - including me - it is just a rebuy 🤷‍♂️
"just a rebuy" Someone whos money is being eaten very quickly from the FC just got blown up by it... has the chance to go broke... to then lose the carrier.... and the ship hes using if not able to rebuy.... yeah its just a rebuy

It does have friend or foe identification. A friend is someone not shooting at it, a foe is someone who is shooting at it, other than the cops.

He didn't shoot at it, he accidentally hit it. And did zero damage. I think in the heat of the moment, we can forgive a single bullet or two from hitting a FC and doing zero damage, yes?

Just seems really dumb that the game-logic would kill a FC owner for this. No warnings, no threashold at all, just boom - one mistake and you're murdered. Come on lol.

He didn't shoot at it, he accidentally hit it. And did zero damage. I think in the heat of the moment, we can forgive a single bullet or two from hitting a FC and doing zero damage, yes?

Just seems really dumb that the game-logic would kill a FC owner for this. No warnings, no threashold at all, just boom - one mistake and you're murdered. Come on lol.
that's how Elite has worked since release. It's an unforgiven galaxy. I can only assume the entire game has to be rewritten to change this, since one spaghetticode touches all other spaghetti code (seen many times when missions and commodities has been changed)

"just a rebuy" Someone whos money is being eaten very quickly from the FC just got blown up by it... has the chance to go broke... to then lose the carrier.... and the ship hes using if not able to rebuy.... yeah its just a rebuy
Yeah, it is just a rebuy, and if the rebuy is going to bankrupt the player then the first unwritten rule (Don't fly without rebuy) has already been ignored...

Money being eaten very quickly by a FC... What all 38 million a week maximum? (plus any jumps * 100,000cr of course)

It must be so hard to admit making a mistake and deciding not to do it again...

I doubt that nobody here hasn't made a silly mistake, it happens.

Yeah, it is just a rebuy, and if the rebuy is going to bankrupt the player then the first unwritten rule (Don't fly without rebuy) has already been ignored...

Money being eaten very quickly by a FC... What all 38 million a week maximum? (plus any jumps * 100,000cr of course)

Rat in principle I agree with you but as "immersion" is cited as being important for a lot of players....this one is just a bit too far. I mean it's just SO nonsensical and requires such a suspension of disbelief as to break immersion.

I don't mind a game that punishes us for making mistakes. The punishment just needs to be make some kind of sense imo.

Thats not how accidents work, its a heavy punishment for something that is already a massive money sink
It’s irrelevant how much the carrier cost.

Semantics. He fired a shot that landed on the carrier. Same way as if you fire and it lands on the Space Cops, they more often than not do not let you off.

The in game logic would be, there are people on that Carrier and someone is shooting at them. Be that someone they know or not, they would be right to defend themselves.

how have you missed that it isnt about the mistake or the lost money, if it was a station, fine, it would make sense, its the fact that it doesn't make sense that your own ship kills you, I think they understand its something that happens, the point is it shouldn't happen, it's like a mega ship shooting its own forces, that doesn't happen, so why does this happen

Top Bottom