I like 2.4/The hate is sad.

Haven't read the whole thread, but can see some players like 2.4 and others don't. Fair enough.

The OP is actually intended to be and is INTEMPERATE CRITICISM DIRECTED AT PLAYERS who have whinged about the update.

The correct response to the OP therefore is [moderated].

Last edited:
Ah, the simple joys of Elite: Dangerous. :) The game where people complain about it being shallow and having nothing to do right next to other people discussing constellations and celestial navigation, Morse code, cryptography, audio spectographic analysis and other stuff that I wouldn't be able to imagine in a million years.

Well, that was the case until forum redesign and Canonn thread wondering away to Aliens section, but the general point still stands. The contrast is quite jarring, and never fails to make me smile.

Ah, you've seen that too? :)

He's not wrong, creating a game with more content than Elite wouldn't be difficult to do.

The game is literally as deep as a puddle.

For 12.99$

You literally dont use 'literally' correctly. And sincere question: how long are you gonna be upset and frustrated, hanging around calling people lazy and incompetent, just because you didnt get the 3D EvE nobody ever promised you? [haha]

I agree with the OP. 2.4 is a really good Patch for the game, even without the Aliens.

thing is it should be an Update not a Patch at all.
Like the content but, cant play it cause it´s a about 10 hours playtime unexploited to buy the rebuy for a singel messed up 10 minutes Thargoid encounter. For me there is no fun in griending 10 hours for 10 minutes.

Oh and first time since patch I landed on a Planet and saw a old Bug comming back and another new one with false light positionen. The Hight was false like the hight with Skimmers was, i gues at places like Dav´s hope there is still a floating Tower. Dont want to go there cause im not happy if im right.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying the ride, have certainly got my moneys worth and then some, and look forward to any content announced at the weekend.

thing is it should be an Update not a Patch at all.
Like the content but, cant play it cause it´s a about 10 hours playtime unexploited to buy the rebuy for a singel messed up 10 minutes Thargoid encounter. For me there is no fun in griending 10 hours for 10 minutes.

Oh and first time since patch I landed on a Planet and saw a old Bug comming back and another new one with false light positionen. The Hight was false like the hight with Skimmers was, i gues at places like Dav´s hope there is still a floating Tower. Dont want to go there cause im not happy if im right.

Not sure what ship has a 100million rebuy, but fine. Why not fly something cheaper? I grabbed a viper mk4, filled it with HRP and started shooting thargods for almost free.

If you keep losing super expensive ships in 10min, stop flying them until you know what you are doing.

Goose4291

Banned
You literally dont use 'literally' correctly. And sincere question: how long are you gonna be upset and frustrated, hanging around calling people lazy and incompetent, just because you didnt get the 3D EvE nobody ever promised you? [haha]

I dont think anyone really wants a 3D Eve.

What they might want is game mechanic with the challenge and complexity and a dangerous unforgiving environment that was sold to us in the DDF and kickstarter interviews, rather than the bare minimum approach where death is a mild inconvenience that we're currently seeing being utilised by the devs.

OP has missed the point certainly with my own personal concerns. 2.4 was going relatively fine until what appears to either have been a misstep in the rollout of the arms race (which would be entirely understandable and a brief bump in the road not worth getting worked up over) or else, and this is the concerning bit, the past week is a model for the arms race going forward.

This is FD's big story. THE story. FD have prepared all this wonderful thargoid stuff and then gated progression (of both story and content) behind the same tired grindy game mechanics that have been around since very early in season 1. I don't believe what is being expressed is hate, but rather heart felt disappointment. The entire player base has been patiently waiting for nearly 2 years for the Thargoid content and its at least 9 months behind schedule. I suspect that many, like myself, assumed that the extra time would mean that the new content would be more fully developed.

Bear in mind I have no difficulty with the arms race concept or even with the severity of the so called nerf. What we have seen this week is that the arms race story has been told merely by way of a stats change (that required a minor point patch) augmented by a Galnet story. It would also appear that the story and content is likely to follow this weeks model, of a very grindy CG, followed by a brief period of active weaponry, followed by a period of ineffectiveness, setting up the next grindy CG to start the cycle again. That really does not appeal to me personally and I'm a gorram fanboi.

If the above cycle is indeed the way forward how long will it be before significant burnout occurs. You can see already such rumblings in the CG threads. Will anti-T combat pilots switch over to trade to fill any gaps? How long before they tire of grinding activities that do not interest them?

No, its not hate I feel, but disappointment and concern for the future. Given the delays and hype I expected far more or at the very least something different. I dearly hope I am wrong in the above assumptions.

Not sure what ship has a 100million rebuy, but fine. Why not fly something cheaper? I grabbed a viper mk4, filled it with HRP and started shooting thargods for almost free.

If you keep losing super expensive ships in 10min, stop flying them until you know what you are doing.

aint 100 mill only 50 and btw. didnt lose it. What im saying its takes large amount of time to fly a ship to pleidas only to have a look. And the playtime if you play without Mission stacking, without stupid passanger grinding, without quince exploiting just travel your way through the galaxy picking up mission is immense. I know at those days I earnd my First Anaconda there wasn´t that mutch money like now gues took at least a month in Pyton Slave delivery to get a basic one. The fun and unfun playtime for new stuff is kind of unbalenced like the Balance between passanger hauling and freight hauling. Don´t know if you get me thingking, I still like many asspects of the game but they should look into balencing mission types and so mutch other. To make it even more enjoyable. And fixing month or year old bugs should be on the list to. If you promise quality of life and all it is a icon its a bit low.

I think the OP is misinterpreting disappointment venting. Not all venting is venom.

Last night my 6yr old daughter emptied jelly in one of the kitchen drawers.. Unbelievable mess. I vented my disappointment at her, made her feel really bad, she cried, got no sympathy from the mrs either, and I spent a long time clearing it all up. Do I love her any less? Ridiculous. Not at all. She's my world. Today we're good, she said sorry, and wrote me a little sorry note that she stuck her favorite sticker in... It's impossible to stay mad for long at her.

Venting at disappointment to dissapointing stuff in ED is (for me) the same thing. Do I love it any less? not at all. Do I hope that my voice among many will help build a consensus? Absolutely. Will I still support FDEV? Yes absolutely.

Don't confuse HATE with disappointment.... it's all I'm trying to say.

sollisb

Banned
I think the OP is misinterpreting disappointment venting. Not all venting is venom.

Last night my 6yr old daughter emptied jelly in one of the kitchen drawers.. Unbelievable mess. I vented my disappointment at her, made her feel really bad, she cried, got no sympathy from the mrs either, and I spent a long time clearing it all up. Do I love her any less? Ridiculous. Not at all. She's my world. Today we're good, she said sorry, and wrote me a little sorry note that she stuck her favorite sticker in... It's impossible to stay mad for long at her.

Venting at disappointment to dissapointing stuff in ED is (for me) the same thing. Do I love it any less? not at all. Do I hope that my voice among many will help build a consensus? Absolutely. Will I still support FDEV? Yes absolutely.

Don't confuse HATE with disappointment.... it's all I'm trying to say.

i think you can add 'frustration' into that too :D

Bear in mind some are making good arguments hidden behind clumsy rhetoric.
Really? Which forum are you reading?

I'm not seeing anything resembling logical debate here.
We all have different expectations for the game and it can't be all things to all people. But FD have to find the best compromise in every circumstance.
They have, but most of the vocal minority here want it their way or they never shut up. You can't compromise with screaming babies until they get their bottle. Once they get the bottle they associate screaming with reward, guess what happens next.

2.4 isn't perfect, but the diatribe against it is based mostly in impatience. "Gimme, gimme, gimme."

Really? Which forum are you reading?

I'm not seeing anything resembling logical debate here.

They have, but most of the vocal minority here want it their way or they never shut up. You can't compromise with screaming babies until they get their bottle. Once they get the bottle they associate screaming with reward, guess what happens next.

2.4 isn't perfect, but the diatribe against it is based mostly in impatience. "Gimme, gimme, gimme."

Please don't tar everyone with the same brush. It belittles everyone who has a genuine concern. There are are of course the usual suspects trotting out the same negativity, but if you look who else is posting you will see that there are a lot of fanbois, long term advocates for the game, raising concerns.

Ah, the inevitable post patch hate , how I missed thee.

Patches always seem to bring out the worst in humanity.
There's always something that rewards too high.
Always something that doesn't work right.
Always something that needs re-balanced.
Always humans that complain that their preferred play style hasn't had enough work done on it.
Same people spreading the hate or the love...
Same old.

And yeah, someone please spare a thought for banana's...how would you liked to be skinned, sold for a price and used as some kind of trophy.
#StopBananaAbuse

I personally love this game but I understand people who are annoyed, this happens with every game and its good to have feedback. however I do get annoyed when people go crazy about the devs being stupid or FD not caring, if you truly believe that then stop playing. its a private business, they haven't broken any laws so they can do what they want and If you don't like what they do then go somewhere else or make your own game, go to eve or nms or something, either do constructive criticism, point out issues or be civilised, but don't be one of the (admittedly few) people who just keep complaining and going mad. also 2.4 was great and just wait for humanity to come up with a solution to the Thargoids and then you can take them on 1 on 1, we are not meant to be winning yet so you will need 5 people to kill 1

Top Bottom