I like the game.

So much negativity recently. :(

I know this post won't get many replies and will fall off the front page, but hopefully Ed and the rest of FD may see it.

I'm nearing 1300hrs in the game. I like it. That's not to say there aren't things that I find frustrating. Some things are too easy, other things are hard. But it's a good game.

Thanks.

I know this post won't get many replies and will fall off the front page, but hopefully Ed and the rest of FD may see it.

I'm nearing 1300hrs in the game. I like it. That's not to say there aren't things that I find frustrating. Some things are too easy, other things are hard. But it's a good game.

Thanks.

Nah, actually I think the negativity might be at its all-time low.
As it is with every upcoming update, it's just the people who are now realizing that they won't be getting "that one feature" they crave, or people "generally concerned with the current heading of the game" who are kind of vocal around here. :)

Don't worry about it. We all love Elite.

i love the game.

The day i no longer post here is the day i have given up on FD ever delivering "that" game in the dev diaries and ddf.

i only post because i am invested in the elite product and want it to be more what was advertised..

(which is not to say i am always right - far from it)

Last edited:
I love this game.

But Devs doing some crazy stuff and spoil it more and more

They just need to give us an ability to build stations, create own corporations/states. Give us more and more awesome ships and chance to land on water world planets some day.
Just leave economy alone and stop doing a GRIND simulator instead os space-sim.

Last edited:
I love this game.

They just need to give us an ability to build stations, create own corporations/states. Give us more and more awesome ships and chance to land on water world planets some day.

That's just the thing. Elite is what you make it. If you want a flight sim, just flight-sim through it, if you want to trade, trade. It's up to you, how grindy the gameplay will be.
It's specific features (like player market and corporations) that would REALLY make a grind simulator out of it. (I really really don't want it to turn into EVE)

It amazes me how much time people can spend complaining about a game. If it's not for you then move on. Yes I think FDev haven't always made perfect decisions but who does. The core game is still good.

I think the problem is buried in the mindset. Instead of enjoying a game that (despite its flaws) is quite enjoyable to play, they get stuck in thinking about features and things that "would make it better". There's nothing wrong about that, but if thinking about flaws and possible improvements becomes ALL you do, in the game, you get frustrated.
I think that most of the fire is actually caused by people who love Elite too much and want to help improve it too much to be able to enjoy the actual game as it is.

Last edited:
I love this game.

Let's not do that in this thread. The game is good the way it is. I look forward to playing 2.3 and see what the new features are like(I don't have beta). The Devs obviously have a lot more planned for future updates too.

I agree. A great game! I play it for almost 2 years and I don't see me stopping anytime soon.

I don't understand the negativity and sometimes I wonder why some people even play the game, because they seem to hate a lot about it. They wan't to play a completely different game.

Have some rep+

Last edited:
I agree. A great game! A play it for almost 2 years and I don't see me stopping anytime soon.

I don't understand the negativity and sometimes I wonder why some people even play the game, because they seem to hate a lot about it. They wan't to play a completely different game.

Have some rep+

You earned 3 points of reputation, because that's exactly right, and also for one of the most creative uses of the apostrophe I've seen in a while. :D

Last edited:
Exactly, a good game or simulation is enduring despite complaints. For example FSX got re-released on steam even though it's 12 years old now on the merits that it's a classic. And considering MSFT's Flgiht tried to cater to supposed console tastes and those they thought wanted the simulation easier and simplified, and it completely flopped into obscurity. I believe ED is up there with FSX and will still be there in the next decade and years to come.

Last edited:
The game is progressing just fine in my opinion. It is a sandbox for your imagination. That's all I wanted. People want the scripted-content experience in a game where most of the content is generated procedurally. That's never going to happen. Of course there is always room for improvement - better templates and 'mission modules' to build up campaigns, a better background simulation that allows players to build stuff and leave a foot print in the galaxy, and more content such as atmospheres, comets, and the EVA experience. However, the only way any of that is going to happen is for the developers to make money from the game, and the only way for that to happen is to sell copies of the game. So they have this dilemma in which they need to meet deadlines and engage in marketing to get people hyped and get new people willing to buy the game, but they also need to keep fleshing out the released content. This creates some drama in the forums, but most of the somewhat casual forum dwellers such as myself quietly support the game and wish it well, but don't lose our minds if the game deviates from our expectations in various ways. After all, it is just a game at the end of the day. A very pleasant, very engaging diversion.

Thanks.

I like it too. Love it even. Over 3,000 hrs and still going strong. Play about every day, and have done for over a year.

Last edited:
Top Bottom