I love Elite.

I also love Elite. I still love buying a ship that's new to me, upgrading it and seeing what it can do — such a great VR/HOTAS experience.

I'm having an absolute hoot in a Dolphin. It's basically a Sidey with better (and more) internals. Very nimble. I mean yes, ok, the boost does sound like it's consuming the souls of the damned, but if you can look past that then it's an absolute pleasure to fly :)

At this point I'd like to state that none of this is my fau..... wait wut?

:D

0r3jrXU.jpg

I may come across like a toxic naysayer on the forums and reddit, but I do love this game.... If I didn't I would be like "ah flip it" and just move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me, too. Never ever had a game sucking me in that deep and for such an enormous amount of time. I thought Fallout New Vegas ond / or X2 would have been the tops, but for ED you can take that few hundreds of hours and multiply x10 to even get near. Not planning to leave anytime soon, either.
That's why i care so much about the game and am a bit disgruntled at times regarding dev prio's. Because i love this game way more than what would be healthy...
[heart]

Last edited:
At this point I'd like to state that none of this is my fau..... wait wut?

:D

Maybe so but I do blame you for the galmap fiasco we currently have plus some other 'issues' which I have told the Dr's are entirely your fault! :D

Nice to see a ray of sunshine on the forums for a change, it was getting so depressing I've been avoiding visiting the place but yes the game is fantastic, not prefect (yet) but I enjoy what we have already! :D

Me, too. Never ever had a game sucking me in that deep and for such an enormous amount of time. I thought Fallout New Vegas ond / or X2 would have been the tops, but for ED you can take that few hundreds of hours and multiply x10 to even get near. Not planning to leave anytime soon, either.
That's why i care so much about the game and am a bit disgruntled at times regarding dev prio's. Because i love this game way more than what would be healthy...
[heart]

........and this is why I personally probably come across as a right old moaning ninny. I too love the game to bits - and it's the passion that overflows into criticism when there are so many things that could have been so much better. So many things are 80% perfect, but the tiny elements make me cringe with despair.

Anyway, +1 to the OP's [heart]

*sigh...* same here.... it must be love, because you play the game despite its flaws for countless hours. My time investment is not so much playing the game as following the news about ED, watching you tube (especially Obsidian Ant's channel), reading GalNet news on mobile phone. It became an obsession! Somehow.... I could swear David Braben and Ian Bell did something to my brain back in 1984! ;-)

Top Bottom