I love this ship but...

I believe I had one of those at some point. If I recall correctly I used it once, while transporting from dealer's base to my home base. Cozy little ship but didn't start a flame in me so after few months of collecting dust we parted our ways.

I really like flying the eagle mkII but... the noise the drives made almost made me shoot my brains out with one of the personal weapons I was smug uhmm transporting
Drive "audible signatures" are subjective in their appeal. Flying an Eagle doesn't bother me at all, but the horrible noise that the Adder and Asp make kills those ships for me. Yet when I brought this up, lots of people came to the defense of this horrible noise (music to them, I guess).

It's too bad we can't change sound effects like we can visual effects. We can change the color of our smoke, so why not the sound?

Drive "audible signatures" are subjective in their appeal. Flying an Eagle doesn't bother me at all, but the horrible noise that the Adder and Asp make kills those ships for me. Yet when I brought this up, lots of people came to the defense of this horrible noise (music to them, I guess).

It's too bad we can't change sound effects like we can visual effects. We can change the color of our smoke, so why not the sound?
I'm glad they toned down the juddering of the ships when boosting. The Vulture for instance was unplayable for me, same as some of the Lakon lunchboxes. I just could not boost and look at the screen at the same time without my world going whirl.

edit
Come to think of it, or did I tone it down because it is a setting? :unsure:
Not sure anymore...

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
I'm glad they toned down the juddering of the ships when boosting. The Vulture for instance was unplayable for me, same as some of the Lakon lunchboxes. I just could not boost and look at the screen at the same time without my world going whirl.

edit
Not sure anymore...
And I wish there was a possibility to add a little bit of it in VR, as well as a very slight reacting of the viewpoint to acceleration/deceleration/lateral and rotational movement

not much, but a subtle hint would add a lot (make it a slider in settings) ... ok, going off on a tangent here, back to topic ... because the Eagle MK II feels great in VR!

Not just the eagle MkII I l love all the ships I have flown ... Don't get me wrong some I didn't like flying but I love the subtle differences the noises the shudder some have as you accelerate the way the dolphin porpoises (dolphins ?) on thrusters. I swear that my type nine decelerated about half as well as it accelerated (the docking controller hated me in that ship). It would have been so easy for the devs to just make them all the same except some different wireframes and stats. There is so much character in the ships which is why some will always have a space in my hangar and some ... not so much

edit
Not sure anymore...
Setting is reduce camera shake in display options.

And I wish there was a possibility to add a little bit of it in VR, as well as a very slight reacting of the viewpoint to acceleration/deceleration/lateral and rotational movement

not much, but a subtle hint would add a lot (make it a slider in settings) ... ok, going off on a tangent here, back to topic ... because the Eagle MK II feels great in VR!

I think you might be surprised how nauseating that might be. Even though it would be reacting to player control, moving the VR view without direct input by the player is rough, and those zooms and shakes would be quick and disorienting for sure.

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
I know what I am setting myself up for, and I fully understand that it would not be for everyone, but I also love racing the SRV over rough terrain, which has a similar effect (don't like stable horion and auto-blackout settings).

But we are going wildly into Offtopic. sooooo ...

I also like how the different ships are handling - Type 9 feels just like a fat trader should handle in my mind, but the Eagle ... the Eagle is king.

There's money to be made and FD is not already on it?!?! And I bet this isn't even hard to do.

Setting is reduce camera shake in display options.

I think you might be surprised how nauseating that might be. Even though it would be reacting to player control, moving the VR view without direct input by the player is rough, and those zooms and shakes would be quick and disorienting for sure.

That is true, but you do get used to VR shakes. Piloting the SVR over rocky terrain with boost used to be mildly nauseating, but now it's just great fun.

Deleted member 38366

D
Indeed highly subjective topic.

I personally love the Eagle SFX.

Imperial Courier? what? I can't hear you, the Engines are too loud! What ??!
AspX? With the right acceleration and pitch/roll motions, you're literally flying a Propeller Aircraft :D
Adder? After some change years ago during deceleration onto a Landing Pad... the whole Station echoes those ultra weird noises :D

I know what I am setting myself up for, and I fully understand that it would not be for everyone, but I also love racing the SRV over rough terrain, which has a similar effect (don't like stable horion and auto-blackout settings).

But we are going wildly into Offtopic. sooooo ...

I also like how the different ships are handling - Type 9 feels just like a fat trader should handle in my mind, but the Eagle ... the Eagle is king.
I wouldn't have the t9 any other way. I love when the massive ships feel like massive ships.

Top Bottom