Roller Coasters I Made a Realistic Meteor Shower! (including coaster)

TommyT, that was absolutely magnificent! All your stuff is, but I think you've outdone yourself this time :)

The way you made the comets with chained explosions is a brilliant idea, but then the whole pacing and choreography of both them and the ride is spot-on, and the overall landscaping is great, too. All sorts of little details, too, like the water rolling down the lift hill after the 1st impact. But what really takes the cake is the tickertape parade at the end with news crews and trapped peeps cheering :). I was LOL at that.

But ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎, those poor bastids in the fire towers are in for a busy evening. And I'd really hate to pay your insurance premiums :)

really really cool. How did you do that? I don't see special effects pieces floating in the air??? and I also love the spilling water tower on the lift. awesome.

TommyT, that was absolutely magnificent! All your stuff is, but I think you've outdone yourself this time :)

The way you made the comets with chained explosions is a brilliant idea, but then the whole pacing and choreography of both them and the ride is spot-on, and the overall landscaping is great, too. All sorts of little details, too, like the water rolling down the lift hill after the 1st impact. But what really takes the cake is the tickertape parade at the end with news crews and trapped peeps cheering :) . . .

All that, and I especially liked the last sign -- cherry on top! [up]

.....yes would be very cool to know the trick ,....

It's one of those "why didn't I think of this?!?!?" things.... If you look closely where a comet passes overhead against the pale sky, you can sometimes see how it's done.

There are lines of explosion SFX petards strung across the sky. These are triggered to fire in quick succession down the line. It's genius :). It's basically the same idea as Fisherman's beautiful beach waves.

I'm sure it took a lot of tinkering to get the spacing of the SFX, their durations, and the delays between their firing to look right. And even more to get them timed properly with the ride, and arranged so it's really hard to see the SFX petards.

Wow - when I do blow it up to full screen and pause it/look very carefully I can now see them. The original view through this I didn't see them at all and it totally had me fooled.

The way you made the comets with chained explosions is a brilliant idea, but then the whole pacing and choreography of both them and the ride is spot-on, and the overall landscaping is great, too. All sorts of little details, too, like the water rolling down the lift hill after the 1st impact. But what really takes the cake is the tickertape parade at the end with news crews and trapped peeps cheering :). I was LOL at that.

But ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎, those poor bastids in the fire towers are in for a busy evening. And I'd really hate to pay your insurance premiums :)

Thank you for that wonderful comment! I do appreciate you taking the time to watch it and to write to me! haha Glad you liked the welcoming party at the end also! :)

really really cool. How did you do that? I don't see special effects pieces floating in the air??? and I also love the spilling water tower on the lift. awesome.

Yeah, I couldnt hide the pieces. I could if it was night, but it had to be during the day so you could see the mountains and water effects!

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
THIS is your BEST creation to date. I can't tell you how many times I've ridden it. The park is amazing .....and a surprise when a meteor hit the animated water tower and there's water going over the top of the chain lift...was brilliant.

P.S. The park is also stunning.

A++++++++

Glad you liked the welcoming party at the end also! :)

I had a feeling you trapped them there on purpose. I know that's the only time they jump up and down with the hands in the air. That was a nice touch! you DO think of everything

Top Bottom