Track Rides I made a simple wooden train bridge, feedback on it?

BPRbDTM.jpg

wLab4Uv.jpg

FS9qkIy.jpg
|

It's actually based on steel bridges, but either I'm dumb or there are no small steel pieces like the wooden post. I didn't try recoloring the wooden post to look like steel, but I used wooden columns for the upright pieces and despite having a color picker those don't recolor as far as I can tell.

So for all I know this kind of bridge doesn't even exist in wood. :(

But its my first build with non-standard pieces. I know some pieces stick out and could be rotated better but I got frustrated dealing with it and figured it looked good enough if you don't stare at it. It's kind of a draft, I suppose.

I wasn't really happy with it until I built the terrain around it.

Honestly the terrain took me 5 minutes, the bridge itself took me an embarassingly long hour or so. I should probably make terrain instead of buildings [haha] Maybe now that I finished this I can make another one with different pieces much more quickly...

Deleted member 48540

D
That's looking realy nice! I'm missing the supports under the parts that lead on and off the embankments though, then it would be purrrrfect ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am no where close to a bridge expert, but I'm finding a very hard time on google images finding entirely wooden arched bridges over water with the same support design (for trains). I see floating supports in water. I see arched bridges partially wooden, with steel framing. I don't see entire arched wooden structures with that support system.

Again, not a bridge expert. I just checked google images. Otherwise, looks wise, it looks pretty awesome!

Yeah, like I said, I started intending to color it dark, but for some reason these pieces have color options that don't...do anything. So we're gonna have to live with inaccuracy!

Especially since I finalized it and consider it complete. I added extra supports and cleaned it up a bit.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=814484297

The bridge came out wonderfully!

Maybe you've found your PC niche? Brosuke the Bridge Builder (tm)? :)

I remember the pathing thread with the small bridge over the creek as well (terrain was uneven and causing issues).

Well, it does have like 6 feet high horizontal supports there :p
Anyway, I like the looks of your bridge either way :)

I thought you meant, like, angled posts holding it up. I did end up adding the thick bit under the track at the ends! Look at the steam upload! [big grin]

Deleted member 48540

D
Hahaha, great, thanks for putting my perfectionistic mind at ease [tongue]

Top Bottom