Horizons I need to find Stations insanely close to landable bodies

Hi there commanders,
I need to find a station that is as close as possible to a landable body. If you know of any such please post the location here.
So far the closest I can find is Grant Orbital in HIP 10510 which isn't all that close really now that ED have moved it to a higher orbit.
Can anybody show me one that's closer?

Last edited:
Llike this?

h5agjyu.png

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...bit-stations?p=4415045&viewfull=1#post4415045

Edit: damn - you said landable ... that thread still might have something tho.

Last edited:
Votatini B 1, Kings Terminal <-> Valigursky Orbital.

It is very difficult getting a srv into orbit and then land it in a station. Good luck.

Edit: Perhaps using 3 ships to fix the srv could do the trick.

Last edited:

It is very difficult getting a srv into orbit and then land it in a station. Good luck.

Woh ... hang on ... is that ... possible? I know you can get an SRV into orbit off the top of mountains whose peaks are outside the drop zone (Mt Neverest ... but it's been nerfed now) and I know you can bounce an SRV into orbit if you can get it travelling fast enough ... could it just be possible that you could get an SRV to float in through the mail slot of a close orbital station? That would be frickin' AWESOME!

Woh ... hang on ... is that ... possible? I know you can get an SRV into orbit off the top of mountains whose peaks are outside the drop zone (Mt Neverest ... but it's been nerfed now) and I know you can bounce an SRV into orbit if you can get it travelling fast enough ... could it just be possible that you could get an SRV to float in through the mail slot of a close orbital station? That would be frickin' AWESOME!
Sounds like someone has a new race idea!

Hi there commanders,
I need to find a station that is as close as possible to a landable body. If you know of any such please post the location here.
So far the closest I can find is Grant Orbital in HIP 10510 which isn't all that close really now that ED have moved it to a higher orbit.
Can anybody show me one that's closer?

May I ask why?

Lul? It's been done?

Haven't seen a landing yet, but that should be possible. Execution of the plan would probably require:

• A station very close to a landable planet since you can't jump to supercruise
  • Plenty of Premium mats for fuel and hull for the srv
  • 4-5 CMDRs with above average piloting skills. 1 pilot for the srv, 1 Anaconda/Federal Corvette as base, 2 medium/large ships to fix the srv, 1 coordinator, 1 photographer.
  • A great deal of patience and a bit of luck

There was a PP system (Mahon?) near Koyeris. It had 2 stations close to each other and I think the moon one was quite close to surface, but that's been even before Horizons released when I was there.

Llike this?

http://i.imgur.com/h5agjyu.png

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...bit-stations?p=4415045&viewfull=1#post4415045

Edit: damn - you said landable ... that thread still might have something tho.

Yes I need the body to be landable because I have something in mind to attempt.
Nice try tho' :¬)

o7

Edit: Perhaps using 3 ships to fix the srv could do the trick.

You mean like box it in with the ships. Refules and repairs would be accomplished by using mats.

That one is the closest so far at 2.2Mm

Nice one Cmndr

o7

Last edited:
Thanks for you help commanders.
Jump off is going to be in 'Open' on Tuesday night at 18:00 game time.
The location will be Votatini B 1 -> Valigursky Orbital.
We've decided that the base ship is going to be a T9.
Everyone is welcome to come along and help, film, cheer, offer advice etc..
If we attract any griefers then we'll consider switching to a private group so be prepared to accept fiend requests beforehand.

o7

Last edited:
Thanks for you help commanders.
Jump off is going to be in 'Open' on Tuesday night at 18:00 game time.
The location will be Votatini B 1 -> Valigursky Orbital.
We've decided that the base ship is going to be a T9.
Everyone is welcome to come along and help, film, cheer, offer advice etc..
If we attract any griefers then we'll consider switching to a private group so be prepared to accept fiend requests beforehand.

o7

Care to explain exactly what you're going to do? Are you going to try and carry an SRV to the station?

Care to explain exactly what you're going to do? Are you going to try and carry an SRV to the station?
I don't really know the details till we do it, but that's probably going to be the essence of it.
Carrying it won't work too well unless the base ship uses the vertical thrusters all the way with FA off. Pushing might work better with the T9's flat face and all :¬)
Either way the exact method will need to be found by trial and error I suspect. That's if it's even possible at all.

o7

I don't really know the details till we do it, but that's probably going to be the essence of it.
Carrying it won't work too well unless the base ship uses the vertical thrusters all the way with FA off. Pushing might work better with the T9's flat face and all :¬)
Either way the exact method will need to be found by trial and error I suspect. That's if it's even possible at all.

o7

Good luck!

Top Bottom