I really get annoyed ,,,,,

This for posting easy but ignored fixes to various aspects of E-D

I get really annoyed when you recall a ship and it lands 1.5Km away or more from a perfectly landable spot instead of where you want it. - I'm not talking about too close to a base - it seems to be arbitrary -
Sometimes you can't get the ship closer after several recalls and just have to deal with it. ;>(
I think a limit of 500m away should be standard - After all, you can be picked up from hover, I've done it.

It's especially annoying when you fly a Viper IV, which can land basically anywhere. But no, it has to pick some random spot 1.5km away.

Full speed flyving bouncing over the rocks followed by high speed drifting round the back of the ship whilst trying not to tip the SRV. Works for me.

Sorry OP, the SRV is great fun (if underdeveloped - some more choices in vehicles please FDev). Seeing this thread has made me want to try driving off mountains and cliffs again. One day I'll stick a landing.

Then there's driving through geysers... I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't tried it yet.

Just wait until you get space legs... picture it... you're out on a stroll and your ship decides to dismiss itself.........
Just summon your SRV! It'll drive right up to you... the SRV AI Position Frontier had might be to implement this (and obviously many other) feature!

Full speed flyving bouncing over the rocks followed by high speed drifting round the back of the ship whilst trying not to tip the SRV. Works for me.

Sorry OP, the SRV is great fun (if underdeveloped - some more choices in vehicles please FDev). Seeing this thread has made me want to try driving off mountains and cliffs again. One day I'll stick a landing.

Then there's driving through geysers... I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't tried it yet.

Yes! the SRV is underrated. I love going to a 1.5 or 2G planet, putting all pips to ENG, and drifting around. the gravity keeps the thing tight to the ground and makes it feel faster. I feel like people try the SRV once, hate it, and then use it as little as possible. I did a ton of surface scan missions, so I got very well antiquated with the mechanics. 1.5km is not an issue at all.

Checked the prices here in the UK, still way too expensive for me to justify something like that. Had a look at some of the features, what the heck is Bio Weapon defence mode??

Sporting 21" Turbine alloy wheels paired with black exterior this Model S90D looks the part.
A well equipped example; highlights include Autopilot 1 Hardware, Autopilot Software Enabled, Bio weapon defence mode, Black Alcantara Headliner, Free Supercharging, Front centre console, Grey interior, Next Generation Seats, Opening Panoramic Sunroof, Power Tailgate, Zero annual road tax

Checked the prices here in the UK, still way too expensive for me to justify something like that. Had a look at some of the features, what the heck is Bio Weapon defence mode??

Sporting 21" Turbine alloy wheels paired with black exterior this Model S90D looks the part.
A well equipped example; highlights include Autopilot 1 Hardware, Autopilot Software Enabled, Bio weapon defence mode, Black Alcantara Headliner, Free Supercharging, Front centre console, Grey interior, Next Generation Seats, Opening Panoramic Sunroof, Power Tailgate, Zero annual road tax
It filters the air lol. A few owners took readings during the California wildfires. Despite poor conditions in the environment, the air inside the car was extremely clean

Yes! the SRV is underrated. I love going to a 1.5 or 2G planet, putting all pips to ENG, and drifting around. the gravity keeps the thing tight to the ground and makes it feel faster. I feel like people try the SRV once, hate it, and then use it as little as possible. I did a ton of surface scan missions, so I got very well antiquated with the mechanics. 1.5km is not an issue at all.
Yeah, I remember doing one surface mission where the ground away from the base was just bumps and hills. Suddenly I'm battling an off road course whilst dodging turrets and trying to get to a point where I can take them and the skimmers out.

The other memorable SRV moment for me was out past the Seagull Nebula. First time landing on a high (6) g world. I got in the SRV and just felt glued to the surface. It was a ringed world and completely flat so it was one of the moments when things in the game genuinely felt really big.

This for posting easy but ignored fixes to various aspects of E-D

I get really annoyed when you recall a ship and it lands 1.5Km away or more from a perfectly landable spot instead of where you want it. - I'm not talking about too close to a base - it seems to be arbitrary -
Sometimes you can't get the ship closer after several recalls and just have to deal with it. ;>(
I think a limit of 500m away should be standard - After all, you can be picked up from hover, I've done it.
That's weird, my ship always lands pretty close. Then again, it's an anaconda, and they are fookin' awesome ships. I called it Porkchop, and it really is very well behaved. Get yourself an annie, you won't regret it.

When you're on one of those deep valley geological sites and your ship lands on a plateau. I've used the geyser to get to the plateau, and had to synthesize hull mid flight about 5K above the hard deck. I made it, not that close but enough to get there.

Side note: That feeling you get after a long surface mining trip, to be back in your ship knowing you're done. It's a good feeling, feels a bit like home.

Top Bottom