I see the game's sales are continuing. What audience is getting it?

I'm glad it's selling, I'm curious what audience is it heading towards. Who's getting it? How is it being marketed? Do you think it will continue to expand?

I originally got PC after it had been out about a year. I found it through You Tubers we watched a lot. One of them is now a Community Manager here! I have always played Sim games but had never touched any of the amusement park games. I was sold on PC because of the spooky pack. Anyway, obviously some people come to it through streamers and youtubers.

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
I also bought PC after watching youtubers. Got it about 8 months after it came out. I played rct1,2 and of course 3...for 10 years. We don't know the inner workings of Frontier but I do know the people that make all the great youtube videos help to sell the game. It did for me. And the streams that Frontier themselves make are SO incredibly helpful. [happy]

I got Planco with the first alpha. I had just realised what a crap game rctworld was and saw youtubers play it (don't know anymore if it was silvarett,following him since the rct3 days). And i didn't regret the purchase. Each alpha brought new exciting content and the devs were really nice. Those were the times when #spoilersam became a legend[wink]. Until this game came out i used to play rct3. It was a game that i always enjoyed playing and with the crappy rctworld by atari on the horizon Frontier saved the day by bringing us PlanetCoaster[haha][haha].We already knew them from the rct3 days and the game looked promising.
From that day on #infrontierwetrusted[big grin]

PS: We were not denied and even got free updates until now and in the second year cool dlcs to go along with them[wink]

It is marketed for people who enjoy visuals, building, yet not managing, because management definitely is not the strongest part of the game.

There was a Valve leak back in July2018 that Ars Technica showed 1,682,734 users had played at least once, extrapolated from Achievement percentage data from the Steam API. They've plugged that hole, and there's a lot of caveats about the data, but basically there's seemingly been a lot of us out here.

I didn't ever touch RCT3 until it came out on Mac about 10 years post-release, so i bet PC could have long legs too.

People who enjoy management rly don´t enjoy the game. Do not lie to yourself.

People who enjoy creative sandbox builders love the game.

But not everyone

this.

The game has ups and downs. For example: A full park is not really possible because the performance will die once you start to build anything with a realistic size. And the lack of management and all the restrictions everywhere and lack of mods doesn't make for great gameplay. But for designing a single coaster this game is great. Only NoLimits 2 tops it, but that's not really a game and takes way longer.

This game I believe is Marketable to anyone. But in reality its probably getting marketed to those who care to watch YouTube Lets plays.

I believe those people who say "Management fanatics won't love it. " And I can agree. But I'll go out on a limb and say I dont believe those so called fanatics would argue the previous RCT entries satisfied their management challenge level itch.

Personally I've always had an interest in sim games when I was younger. But I found my self getting frustrated with how challenging I found most of those games. ( Granted I was 10 ). Games like SIm CIty looked amazing but I gave up far to often. I remember my first time playing the original RCT. And feeling like I understood everything I needed to. I was able to play the game, be successful and progress. I have fond memories of that game. It was the main reason I had an interest in Planet Coaster. Personally I feel like Planet Coaster nails the experience I felt in the original RCT game albeit with modern visuals. The challenge level, the complexity of the systems overall fall with the same scope.

Yes I understand the argument of "but but but they said Management Evolved" but that only says so much.

So let me say this I feel like personally Planet Coaster is the perfect game for anyone hoping to get into SIM games but is very new or very casual. Or just really really loves theme parks!

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Top Bottom