I spy Giganotosaurus

f8j4aw9x5d311.jpg

Edited. Posted wrong link of indominus first like a moron lol.

Last edited:
The tail looks so small or is it just the angle?

Something is very off with this giganotosaurus. Need a better picture.

I hope the Giganotosaurus of JWE is mostly scientically accurate besides the shrink wrapping and pronating.

skull seems accurate...posture, tail, fat belly...more or less not. I wonder if we can see a comparison between it and T-rex. Then we'd know if it was accurate or not.

Last edited:
I might make a Dino Crisis themed park on one of the islands (ie only dinosaurs that appeared in the Dino Crisis games), if I do then this bad boy will be the island's star attraction!

Looks pretty good. The head, neck body and legs look about right in proportion. The tail may seem a bit too short - but that is most likely a trick of the camera angle

i hope they made a little bigger than the rex but smaller than the spino as it's from smallest to biggest trex giga then spino if not i hope we can let them know ans they may see about changeing it like with the spino.

Last edited:
oh believe me you are wrong.

In what way?

Still it should be noted - that the holotype specimen of Giganotosaurus(MUCPv-CH-1) is really not any longer than the largest specimens of T.rex, about 12.3-12.5 meters. And the largest estimated Giganotosaurus is no longer than Rexy in JW (13.4 meters/44 feet).

Here is the Giganotosaurus Holotype - by Scott Hartman (2012)

https://img00.deviantart.net/27aa/i/2015/112/d/e/north_vs_south__giant_theropod_square_off_by_scotthartman-d5zcyb0.jpg

Last edited:
Giga's arms could be a little bigger in my opinion, or perhaps its just how it positions its arms that are making it feel more...Rex like. It's feet, though, are my biggest issue. They're so stumpy looking.

Although I LOVE its roar. Very frightening.

2 pictures i tryed to do of size comparison to giga and trex 1 i tryed to mark out there size best i can though it is starting to look like the giga compared to the rex is going the way of the spino at the moment to small.

34963243_10214085100674736_6707139238602735616_o.jpg
34875695_10214085100394729_9141604324919476224_o.jpg

Ridiculous

From what I can tell, there are 4 carnivore tiers: small, medium, medium-large, and large. Spinosaurus and Giga are in the medium-large tier, based on overall body size and their height from the top of their head, while Indominus and Tyrannosaurus are in the large tier. I'm personally not okay with this. I understand the reasoning, to boast the star of the show, but Spinosaurus, Giganotosaurus, and Tyrannosaurus should be in the same size category, while Indominus is a step up. A Rex can look and maybe even be larger, but it should not be this substantial, not in my opinion.

Everything else about their looks and sounds, incredible. But their size is no bueno.

Last edited:
In what way?

Still it should be noted - that the holotype specimen of Giganotosaurus(MUCPv-CH-1) is really not any longer than the largest specimens of T.rex, about 12.3-12.5 meters. And the largest estimated Giganotosaurus is no longer than Rexy in JW (13.4 meters/44 feet).

Here is the Giganotosaurus Holotype - by Scott Hartman (2012)

https://img00.deviantart.net/27aa/i/2015/112/d/e/north_vs_south__giant_theropod_square_off_by_scotthartman-d5zcyb0.jpg

I know the measurements. T-rex is acknowledged as smaller but heavier than giga. The giga wouldve likely been 200 kg lighter due to its smaller ribcage.

And they found a skull 20 cm larger than that too, hitting 1.8 meters in length. Which is evidence enough of a larger skull than t-rex, correct?

I see none of the bodily features that i expected of Giganotosaurus. So this is a Major letdown that probably have the trex fanboys enjoying it.I really wish frontier did better than this.

Conclusion:
- It is as fat as t-rex, likely same body model used with slight changes applied. Giga had a slender ribcage and build
- Head is way too small, its supposed to be visibly larger.
- Jaw lacks The inclination towards the back of its throat.
- Tail is too short.
- Giga is not tall enough on the hip

This is a repetition of the spinosaurus incident only on a much worse scale. Atleast spino model was accurate. The giga is not. Just a smaller t- rex with a Giganotosaurus head.

The giganotosaurus is one of the few predators where the scientific community agrees that it was larger than t-rex. It is also the excuse for the large indominus rex's size. So i Hope that you, and frontier, acknowledges being in the wrong.

Well - unlike the Spinosaurus - T.rex comparison, the Giganotosaurus - T.rex comparison is much closer, at least among the real life versions.

Based on their skeletons - Spinosaurus is estimated to be about to be roughly 2-3 meters longer than T. rex, and about 2-3 tons heavier than T.rex.

By comparison - the holotype for Giganotosaurus is roughly the same length as Sue the T.rex(about 12.3-12.5 meters). The largest Giganotosaurus is estimated to be only about 70-90 cm longer than Sue. However - T.rex is slightly taller and slightly more massive. Sue is about 4 meters tall at the hips, while Giganotosaurus is about 3.8 meters at the hip. Sue is estimated to have weighed about 8.4 metric tons, while the largest Giganotosaurus specimen is estimated at 8.2 metric tons.

As I have already stated(in the Spinosaurus debate) - when we look at the T.rexes from the JP/JW series - things get blurred even more. As the largest T.rex in the series - is Rexy from Jurassic World - at about 13.4 meters/44 feet long, 5.1 meters/16.8 feet tall, and may have weighed about 9 metric tons. She would actually be slightly longer than the largest Giganotosaurus.

And they found a skull 20 cm larger than that too, hitting 1.8 meters in length. Which is evidence enough of a larger skull than t-rex, correct?

While The 1.8 meter long skull for Giganotosaurus is an over-exaggeration. When corrected - the holotype Giganotosaurus skull is about 1.57 meters. While the largest specimen is estimated at about 1.65 meters. By comparison - the largest skull for T.rex is about 1.5 meters. So yes - the Giganotosaurus skull is slightly longer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom