I take it no-one is worried that the game is running out of food?

With all the patch, petition and the vast amount of salt that's gone with it.The fresh food seems to have disappeared from Lave and other planets' marketplaces. Has the amount of salt on these forums poisoned the Galaxy?

Seriously though, has anybody had any luck shipping enough to that new fertiliser to revive the markets? (As opposed to the usual fertiliser round here at the moment?

Remember, the Galaxy cannot live on salt alone!!

Last edited:
Do you mean that it is time for traders to deliver food to the systems?
And for pirates to wait the traders there and sell stolen food in blackmarkets?

Its lucky that there is no connection between food and the famine state, otherwise we really would be in trouble.

Isn't there? I thought the BGS had a kind of hidden trade network where a system requires a certain amount of food to be transferred to it every week?

Isn't there? I thought the BGS had a kind of hidden trade network where a system requires a certain amount of food to be transferred to it every week?

As far as I know there is none. If there was, a lot (as in a lot) of systems would be in famine all the time. It would be a great BGS mechanic though, starve a system into submission....they did that once in Harma....where they started eating slaves.

If the bgs was somewhat realistic the price of hauling food would slowly and eventually exceed the value of painite mining until it actually lures people away to solve the issue as demand skyrockets.

If it was truly realistic though, space truckers wouldn't be qualified to simply pack up and go mine however so it wouldn't be an issue in first place.

If it's hidden, how would anyone know?

It's just I remember testing something similar during the original Alpha/Beta testing so long ago. You could see how many goods were transferred to each system by the background sim and if not a certain amount was transferred to that system then prices in the target system would go up. I was under the impression that if not enough to food was delivered, then the system did go into famine.

That might have been changed since then though.

With all the patch, petition and the vast amount of salt that's gone with it.The fresh food seems to have disappeared from Lave and other planets' marketplaces. Has the amount of salt on these forums poisoned the Galaxy?

Seriously though, has anybody had any luck shipping enough to that new fertiliser to revive the markets? (As opposed to the usual fertiliser round here at the moment?

Remember, the Galaxy cannot live on salt alone!!
You should write a letter about it...

Who cares, they haven't put together a community goal or interstellar initiative in over a month, and they haven't made any systems famine systems. The fertilizer sales don't seem to be making any effect. They're just going to railroad the plot somewhere, just like they did with the Gnosis.

Who cares, they haven't put together a community goal or interstellar initiative in over a month, and they haven't made any systems famine systems. The fertilizer sales don't seem to be making any effect. They're just going to railroad the plot somewhere, just like they did with the Gnosis.

Good lord, the gnosis was almost a year ago and people still complain about an early news item and a no fire zone issue. I really enjoyed the gnosis because I was expecting it to be attacked and took along an appropriate ship. Had a great time blowing away thargoids scouts while defending that ship.

Mind you, if this is going to lead into the next Interstellar Inititive, then they're doing it right with a slow build up.

Why don't we just leave it and find out? Don't we kind of need some famine systems to start appearing in the bubble anyway?

Imagine the bad publicity for the Pilot's Federation: "Starvation rife across hundreds of systems as Independent Pilots seek materials in collusion with shady Engineers"

Top Bottom