I think ed is now headed in the right direction.

Alright let me first start of by saying that I know the gameplay can become tedious due to the fact that it feels like you are doing the same thing over and over. But at the same time the newest update really did seem to address an issue in the game in a very good way and that is crime and punishment. It makes perfect sense now. If you are wanted then you have to go to see an intersteller factors. Ships are now marked as hot. there is no suicide winder. I understand that people are still complaining about getting bounties. Which I think is really odd considering how easy they are to get rid of. I mean interstellar factors are at every single anarchy system I've come across and not only this but when you only have a 500cr bounty the ATR don't come for you. Speaking of the ATR I love their implementation it's a great idea and it's also a great idea to have notoriety too. Notoriety adds to the feel of having an actual criminal system in the game. Knowing that if I keep breaking the law I will gain notoriety makes me feel like I'm actually becoming a well known criminal in the game. Not only this but it also makes sense that you wouldn't be able to get rid of your bounty as easily if you have notoriety. That makes perfect sense. I mean why would the police let a serious criminal of the hook like that.

Now I know this last update doesn't fix a lot of the issues being complained about but at the same time the implementation of the new and improved crime and punishment system does suggest that Frontier are on the track because it was implemented so well and it makes sense and it adds depth to the game. I think people are having problems with frontier because the updates take time to make. I mean you can't just expect Frontier to fix every aspect of the game in one update. Video game development takes work.

Because of this update I have faith in the future of ed. Looking at the roadmap for the changes in exploration and mining really does make me excited. If they implemented c&p so well than these new features will probably be great as well.

Last edited:
ED has always had a bright future in my humble opinion. I'm honestly impressed with how FD have evolved and introduced different aspects of the game over the last few years. As far as I'm aware, FD are a relatively small concern compared to some other developers yet they have produced something unique, both in style and scale.

It's probably fair to say that not everything is perfect (but that's subjective anyway) but it's a huge and complex game that can't really be compared to anything else out there. It really can't be easy for the guy's at FD, this is pretty cutting edge stuff. To even attempt to simulate a entire GALAXY! That alone still blows my mind! But then to put stuff-to-do in said galaxy...well...speechless! :D

Nice to see some support for FD, OP :D

I actually have to agree. I’ll be the first to criticize FD but so far I have had little issue with 3.0. The removing mission types thing was bad but rectified relatively fast for normal FD operations. And really wish the services option in the galmap displayed all services, everywhere to avoid using INARA. I seriously hope this isn’t functioning as intended. But those things aside, I can say it was a very directed approach and I think the game is better for it, if only slightly.

ED has always had a bright future in my humble opinion. I'm honestly impressed with how FD have evolved and introduced different aspects of the game over the last few years. As far as I'm aware, FD are a relatively small concern compared to some other developers yet they have produced something unique, both in style and scale.

It's probably fair to say that not everything is perfect (but that's subjective anyway) but it's a huge and complex game that can't really be compared to anything else out there. It really can't be easy for the guy's at FD, this is pretty cutting edge stuff. To even attempt to simulate a entire GALAXY! That alone still blows my mind! But then to put stuff-to-do in said galaxy...well...speechless! :D

Nice to see some support for FD, OP :D

All what you said but if you don't mind I'll add one thing....

.....and all this on console too.

There's no game that I know of on any console that comes even close to the scale and complexity as ED imho.

There's no game that I know of on any console that comes even close to the scale and complexity as ED imho.

Can't argue with that! :D

I remember when I first saw ED in the GPP on the dash, I couldn't believe it! I knew it was on PC and was seriously considering getting another PC purely to play Elite. I honestly couldn't believe that FD managed to cram it all on a console that wasn't anywhere near as powerful as a full-on gaming PC. Admittedly it did seem to strain the poor old Xbone at times but still impressive nonetheless! :D

Can't rep you as apparently I've got to spread the rep love! :D

Same here, FD do a great job with this game. Well I play on PC with X360 gameplad but to be honest there is no game even close to this one. NOT EVEN CLOSE so bugless, ED new content is free of charge where in other games you must pay half of the base game price. Not even close to be the best space sim was ever made.

Of course there are some aspects that some players hate (like grinding) but hey... this game is not game for 30h of playing not even 100h... If you want new ship, you should and you have to spend some time to gain cash. Just imagine some dudes get cash quickly so they buy Anaconda and crash it on every station corner or be killed by someone because they do not have any skill to fly that ship.
What is point of getting cash very quick or use exploits? You want cheat yourself, cheat the game or what because I really do not understand? All those guys should shame themselfs. Someone get cash quickly and get boored and complain "FD do not add any new ships because I got all of them..." People are people, they will always complain, even if there will be a perfect game (excluding ED cuz it's perfect :D) someone will always complain.

So FD thanks for the game, thanks for such amazing huge space with beautiful views but most important, thanks for your hard work.

verminstar

Banned
Ye Im liking this direction...for it to be perfect on its first iteration, thats just an unrealistic expectation but the foundations are there...Rome was not built in one day. I always said if frontier introduced some sorta attempt at introducing a proper crime and punishment system into the game, Id quit playing in solo.

Ive spent two years playing this game in solo and only the last 6 months or so in open only. Once I knew they were serious about crime and punishment, I knew I had to put money where my mouth is and play in open like I said I would...anything less wouldnt have been proper and Im sorta old fashioned bout stuff like that.

I wouldnt be here at all if I didnt have at least some liking fer the direction things are going, and I still play this game every single day. I plan on being here fer distant worlds 2 and taking a T10 to beagle point...but in the meantime, Im having fun with the new system.

Its a fairly troublesome mechanic and certainly does have a fairly dramatic effect on how ye play this game...large chunks of it appear bugged like skimmer kills that now award player bounties. Only then to be told this is by design and very intentional...and thats just one single example of how this affects gameplay. Take notoriety...a cool idea actually and soiunds cool on paper, but its confusing as hell on how long it takes to go down...Ive had mine to 6 and been in the situation where I got wanted by the very faction I did the mission for in the first place, and went hostile in system.

Things like that dont make sense and many have reported similar experiences but however...on the whole its doing more or less what it was designed to do. Glitches and many suspected bugs but overall...that wasnt the only profound change that was introduced by 3.0 and with 3 decades of gaming experience, I can honestly and truthfully state that fer a relatively small company like frontier, thats actually very impressive.

That covers the game on 3 different platforms, one of which support VR and all of which support hotas among others...4 if ye count Macs but they got issues so lets settle on three and a half as a nice round even number which is almost the same as 4. The fact we got patched up the day after the Easter weekend means someone somewhere had to work on this game over the weekend...someone went above and beyond the job itself and put some passion into the making of it while everyone else partied and whined about bugs...

Thats not lost on me...that tells me all I need to know and I am beginning to trust them because 3.0 is what I would call a damned good start...long live elite dangerous and o7 cmdrs ^

Really is great to hear some support for FD :D

It gets me down sometimes with the negative comments and FD-bashing that crops up on here now and then. Constructive criticism and feeback is great but sometimes I think it goes a bit too far. I guess it must get the devs down at times, too.

Last edited:
it's nice to see soo many people on the same page and not only that but to also know that people are having some of their faith restored in fd. Fly safe I can't wait for q4 now.

o7

Can't argue with that! :D

I remember when I first saw ED in the GPP on the dash, I couldn't believe it! I knew it was on PC and was seriously considering getting another PC purely to play Elite. I honestly couldn't believe that FD managed to cram it all on a console that wasn't anywhere near as powerful as a full-on gaming PC. Admittedly it did seem to strain the poor old Xbone at times but still impressive nonetheless! :D

Can't rep you as apparently I've got to spread the rep love! :D

Comment deserved rep, so did it for you

It makes a refreshing change, to see a positive thread.
I’m sure I’m not alone, when I say “I’m so bored & frustrated at reading rant threads”
It surely must be so disheartening to be a dev at FD, & read the forum threads.
Constructive criticism is always the best way forward, rather than continually venting your spleen.
Whilst there are some issues, I believe they will all, be sorted in due course.
ED is a truly great game, & it must be said, FD have done a truly great job, & I’m sure will continue to do so going forward.
o7 Cmdr’s

Last edited:
have to strongly disagree, considering "right" in this case means "what a particular player may want or expect".

personally the player "me" never wanted (nor expected) ed to jump right into the 'collect stuff and gear' mainstream type of game, and beyond has confirmed confirmed beyond any doubt that this will be the main drive in the future. this is a huge letdown albeit the game still has very valuable aspects for me aside of that. but no, absolutely not the "right" direction for me. lucky you, and sucks to be me i guess! [noob]

Alright let me first start of by saying that I know the gameplay can become tedious due to the fact that it feels you are doing the same thing over and over. But at the same time the newest update really did seem to address an issue in the game in a very good way and that is crime and punishment. It makes perfect sense now. If you are wanted then you have to go to see an intersteller factors. Ships are now marked as hot. there is no suicide winder. I understand that people are still complaining about getting bounties. Which I think is really odd considering how easy they are to get rid of. I mean interstellar factors are at every single anarchy system I've come across and not only this but when you only have a 500cr bounty the ATR don't come for you. Speaking of the ATR I love their implementation it's a great idea and it's also a great idea to have notoriety too. Notoriety adds to the feel of having an actual criminal system in the game. Knowing that if I keep breaking the law I will gain notoriety makes me feel like I'm actually becoming a well known criminal in the game. Not only this but it also makes sense that you wouldn't be able to get rid of your bounty as easily if you have notoriety. That makes perfect sense. I mean why would the police let a serious criminal of the hook like that.

Now I know this last update doesn't fix a lot of the issues being complained about but at the same time the implementation of the new and improved crime and punishment system does suggest that Frontier are on the track because it was implemented so well and it makes sense and it adds depth to the game. I think people are having problems with frontier because the updates take time to make. I mean you can't just expect Frontier to fix every aspect of the game in one update. Video game development takes work.

Because of this update I have faith in the future of ed. Looking at the roadmap for the changes in exploration and mining really does make me excited. If they implemented c&p so well than these new features will probably be great as well.

+Rep

I agree there is no Space Ship game on any platform that seriously challenges ED today, and nothing similar on the XBOX either. But I think that will change this year and ED will get some competition, especially on PC.

That said, as far as scale and complexity, many open world games seem just as big or bigger to me... especially games like Skyrim and Elder Scrolls Online.

And NMS also creates an entire galaxy to explore with procedural lifeforms on most planets (but no real multiplayer)

Well, it’s be better if FD would stop nerfing all of the 200mil and hour exploits. I want ma money!!!

The above statement was complete sarcasm. I think ED is very solid as it is. The new crime system needs a few tweaks from what I’m hearing, and I’m sure over time it will get them. But ED has always been great for me. I like feeling like I’m an unimportant part of the universe. So many games make you a demigod right out of the gate but EDs universe will go on without me. Or any of us. And that is a refreshing feel. Of course we can participate in politics and what not to make an impact, but it is completely optional. I’m finally playing an NPC and loving it.

Alright let me first start of by saying that I know the gameplay can become tedious due to the fact that it feels you are doing the same thing over and over. But at the same time the newest update really did seem to address an issue in the game in a very good way and that is crime and punishment. It makes perfect sense now. If you are wanted then you have to go to see an intersteller factors. Ships are now marked as hot. there is no suicide winder. I understand that people are still complaining about getting bounties. Which I think is really odd considering how easy they are to get rid of. I mean interstellar factors are at every single anarchy system I've come across and not only this but when you only have a 500cr bounty the ATR don't come for you. Speaking of the ATR I love their implementation it's a great idea and it's also a great idea to have notoriety too. Notoriety adds to the feel of having an actual criminal system in the game. Knowing that if I keep breaking the law I will gain notoriety makes me feel like I'm actually becoming a well known criminal in the game. Not only this but it also makes sense that you wouldn't be able to get rid of your bounty as easily if you have notoriety. That makes perfect sense. I mean why would the police let a serious criminal of the hook like that.

I agree that "Beyond" looks very promising.
But we are not there yet.
I am extremely curious whether the exploration and scanning mechanics will get the changes they need to make them more engaging.

the universe is great ,the stella forge and all - unfortunately now i think about it - the rest is just bolt ons , that are pretty shallow , and very buggy and questionable . I was watching a plater vid earlier with regard to guardian tech ... a lot of the additions are very thin on the thinking and the mechanics - that is if your bothered doing the grind , to have your head ache even more ached after that grind setion only to find the new tech doesn't make sense with the mechanics of your build . - i refer to guardian weapon , guardian power plant makes no difference to yield .. pfft .. i refuse to do the grind for fancy colored weapons myself . - thanks .

Top Bottom