I tried poking a Thargoid while on foot.

They probably shouldn't be able to aimbot a commander on foot but somehow I doubt Frontier accounted for this possibility to reduce their accuracy. Also of note is that the interceptor failed to do any phasing through personal shields. You didn't take any health damage until the shield popped.

They probably shouldn't be able to aimbot a commander on foot but somehow I doubt Frontier accounted for this possibility to reduce their accuracy. Also of note is that the interceptor failed to do any phasing through personal shields. You didn't take any health damage until the shield popped.
I wonder if other types of phasing attacks from normal ships bite through on foot shields or not.

I wonder if other types of phasing attacks from normal ships bite through on foot shields or not.
It doesn't appear that the in-space status effects work. Tested:
Phasing sequence laser, shield active: No phasing damage through active shields.
Corrosive shell, shield off: No increase to any subsequent damage taken.
Enzyme missile, shield off: The actual explosion does a little health damage but there's no DoT.

It doesn't appear that the in-space status effects work. Tested:
Phasing sequence laser, shield active: No phasing damage through active shields.
Corrosive shell, shield off: No increase to any subsequent damage taken.
Enzyme missile, shield off: The actual explosion does a little health damage but there's no DoT.
it's funny 'cause I'm sure I've managed to pen shields with flechettes. Even a single flechette launcher shot dropped into a squad of troops in a CZ and it's scored multiple kills, and they certainly had their shields up.

Unless flechette bursts are multiple projectiles rather than a simple AoE and it's able to get one-shot them for the same reason that the intimidator can?

it's funny 'cause I'm sure I've managed to pen shields with flechettes. Even a single flechette launcher shot dropped into a squad of troops in a CZ and it's scored multiple kills, and they certainly had their shields up.

Unless flechette bursts are multiple projectiles rather than a simple AoE and it's able to get one-shot them for the same reason that the intimidator can?

From the wiki:

“Releasing the fire button in close proximity to a shielded target will cause the target to receive hull and module damage, as well as inflicting the Hull Breach debuff. It has 100% chance per hit at max and minimum integrity to cause a hull break, increasing damage dealt to the modules of a target vessel from all other weapons.”

Maybe that’s what you experienced, or rather the other unfortunate targets experienced.

From the wiki:

“Releasing the fire button in close proximity to a shielded target will cause the target to receive hull and module damage, as well as inflicting the Hull Breach debuff. It has 100% chance per hit at max and minimum integrity to cause a hull break, increasing damage dealt to the modules of a target vessel from all other weapons.”

Maybe that’s what you experienced, or rather the other unfortunate targets experienced.
Hull and module damage. Huh. What if our health as commanders is internally seen as module health, making our on foot commanders "ships" with quick activatable shields, some massive number of hull just so we don't drop dead despite our health being full from too much damage to our "hull", and our health is actually a module?

I think flechettes do their own thing rather than phasing. I should have thought to test those when I had the chance.

Top Bottom