I want to reach IC-2149 or BD+46 1067, as it seems to be called

And I just wanted to ask for a route optimized for minimal material cost, but while I was writing that post it seems you even found one with zero cost given my ship's range. Nice! :)

Yeah, I've been increasing the "penalty" in the logic for using jumponium, to encourage it to find lower material cost routes. The closer starting point really wants to use the jumponium boosts. Increasing the penalties a little more, I got it to use neutrons instead:

0. Myeadai MI-Q d6-1 (0.00 ly) [start]
1. Myeadai OD-Q d6-0 (44.83 ly)
2. Myeadai KX-R d5-1 (50.10 ly) NS
3. Myeadai HC-S d5-1 (117.12 ly) [neutron supercharge] NS
4. BD+46 1067 (222.35 ly) [neutron supercharge]

I'm coming right from Xibalba.
This will take a bit, indeed. ;) And then, after the 303 jumps (guess that's the longest route I've ever plotted) I'm just here and by the time I would reach this nebula I'm sure you've already found everything worth to report! Or in other words: Not this evening! :p

There's also a red giant in the vicinity, that I haven't visited. It's directly reachable via the Neutron star right under BD+46 1067. I thought I'd just check whether it's undiscovered yet and leave it as a little present if so, but unfortunately, a certain CMDR Farran already beat us to it. ;) It's [Pheia Aeg PR-N d6-0] right next door. You'd be the 2nd to visit it.

Edit: Should I go to Xibalba? Wasn't on my radar before, but it seems really remote, which is interesting. Lots of systems already discovered there? Or would you say it's worth it?

Last edited:
There's also a red giant in the vicinity, that I haven't visited. It's directly reachable via the Neutron star right under BD+46 1067. I thought I'd just check whether it's undiscovered yet and leave it as a little present if so, but unfortunately, a certain CMDR Farran already beat us to it. ;) It's [Pheia Aeg PR-N d6-0] right next door. You'd be the 2nd to visit it.

Edit: Should I go to Xibalba? Wasn't on my radar before, but it seems really remote, which is interesting. Lots of systems already discovered there? Or would you say it's worth it?
I can't recommend it as at the very same time I entered Xibalba I got a massive kick of homesickness. As a result I still know nothing about Xibalba (besides the beautiful entry system that was a true and extraordinary gift!). I'm now heading back home with warp 9 of homesickness-drive. I'm so much missing docking and some stupid pew pew here and then...

That's interesting... Heh. When I died on my first exploration trip attempt (like I said elsewhere, beer + lots of stupid + 1.53g, a world, I re-visited on this current trip), being warped back home felt.. weird. I kinda felt out-of-place in the bubble, like I didn't even belong there at all. I had even forgotten the whole docking procedure, something that happened again after reaching Explorer's Anchorage after 2 months of flying through the entire Sagittarius-Carina arm to Beagle Point and then downwards.

I tried my luck at bounty hunting, assassinations, taxi missions and whatnot, but it never felt like it was the right thing for me.

I guess I feel most comfortable out in the middle of nowhere (true for both Elite and real life by the way), so maybe I'm gonna give it a shot, as long as it's not too overcrowded. ;)

Anyway, at least BD+46 1067 is pretty much right on your way back to the bubble, I guess. :)

That's interesting... Heh. When I died on my first exploration trip attempt (like I said elsewhere, beer + lots of stupid + 1.53g, a world, I re-visited on this current trip), being warped back home felt.. weird. I kinda felt out-of-place in the bubble, like I didn't even belong there at all. I had even forgotten the whole docking procedure, something that happened again after reaching Explorer's Anchorage after 2 months of flying through the entire Sagittarius-Carina arm to Beagle Point and then downwards.

I tried my luck at bounty hunting, assassinations, taxi missions and whatnot, but it never felt like it was the right thing for me.

I guess I feel most comfortable out in the middle of nowhere (true for both Elite and real life by the way), so maybe I'm gonna give it a shot, as long as it's not too overcrowded. ;)

Anyway, at least BD+46 1067 is pretty much right on your way back to the bubble, I guess. :)
You lucky one, you seem to have a clear destination then. Not like me who is a hybrid of everything, wants it all but unavoidably can only get mediocre at everything - at best. But that's the life I've chosen, both ingame and real life and don't regret it.
Sometimes, I secretly wish such an accident but I never could provoke it deliberately. These pesky standards, you know...

Commander picommander,

Just checking in (while wondering whether your name might be a reference to the Raspberry Pi computer...),

What's your status? I got sidetracked a little (surveyed a whole class L brown dwarf field today), but I'm reasonably close to Xibalba by now, like maybe 1000-1500Ly away. I guess I should be reaching the region border tomorrow.

Wondering what that entry system you mentioned was about?

Anyway, are you still heading for BD+46 1067, or have you given in to the temptation to just take the fastest way home? ;)

Commander picommander,

Just checking in (while wondering whether your name might be a reference to the Raspberry Pi computer...),

What's your status? I got sidetracked a little (surveyed a whole class L brown dwarf field today), but I'm reasonably close to Xibalba by now, like maybe 1000-1500Ly away. I guess I should be reaching the region border tomorrow.

Wondering what that entry system you mentioned was about?

Anyway, are you still heading for BD+46 1067, or have you given in to the temptation to just take the fastest way home? ;)
I'm on my way back home, as I said I'm no full-time explorer I like other aspects of the game too much to spend several month in the black. Since I already sold my data I could tell you this system, unfortunately I'm too lazy to take notes. I've got a few screenshots, will see what I can do. Maybe I can reconstruct this system's coordinates (no promises though)...

and no, the pi in picommander is actually a long story with very little meaning, I'll give it whirl anyway.
It's a mix of pi the mathematical constant and Commander Jameson as both was very important to me back in the days. Pi as part of the formula for calculating cutting and rotational speed in machine building, my job at this time while the commander comes from Commander Jameson and is self-explanatory for anyone who has played the 8-bit version of Elite. At these times I also was playing Saxophone in a band and I felt like needing an artist's name. A bit silly but that's pretty much all about it. 🥴

Edit:
Found it! It's this one: Dryaea Aewsy QY-s d3-9

My ingame name is Frillop Freyraum, maybe you'll stumble over my tracks there. This system has 5 terraform candidates and 2 TWWs, one of which is a candidate too and special. It's this little blue moon (can't recall to ever have found a TWW as a moon!):

What puzzles me is that none of the candidates or TWWs are mapped. I'm pretty sure that's a bug, as I always map these planet types (unless they're 300Kls away, then I think twice). I'll examine some of the former systems now, if that's turning out to be a one timer it actually must have been my fault. In this case: strike while the iron is hot. :D

For what it's worth, this intermediate funtrip (3 or 4 weeks?) got me 750 Mio cr (I expected something between 3 - 400 Mio)

edit: just checked another one nearby that's correctly marked as mapped as expected, so no bug but my fault (arrrrgh):

Interestingly, I found this by the 'visited' map filter that shows some spreading pairs from this point, that from both coming and going (dots are very small, guess you'll need to watch in full screen):

Last edited:
But what a joy to be back home again! All the possibilities, the ships I can fly, the things I can do... To me the best part of deep space exploring: Coming home. 😊

Thanks for reporting back! Too bad about BD+46 1067, but I can understand. :)

I'll put a bookmark on Dryaea Aewsy QY-s d3-9 and head for that system! Maybe I'll map some random world in it. ;) Interestingly, it's not on EDSM yet. You're not syncing your logs with EDSM? Anyway, at least Dryaea Aewsy QY-s d3-0 is up, and it's really close to my current position, so d3-9 can't be too far away I assume? I guess I can visit it today.

And here's your water moon! :)

elite-123-thatwatermoon.jpg
(Click to enlarge)

I can confirm that no planets in the system were mapped. I thought about what to do, and ultimately decided to ignore the primary star and its planetary system, fly over to the secondary star (55kLs) and map... not that water moon, but the HMC it's orbiting, just to leave my mark. I wonder what other visitors might think when they see that. ;) Will probably think I was drunk or something... ;)

If you ever come back to that area of space, that moon might still be all yours for the taking... :p

Edit: I wonder... maybe I should actually re-visit BD+46 1067 on my way back, if I can't make it across the gap between the Outer arm and the Perseus arm from Xibalba directly...

Last edited:
So you didn't map it? I certainly won't mind, otherwise I wouldn't have make it public ;)
I certainly won't visit this place again just to map these 5 forgotten planets. Cherries are plenty in this huge galaxy...

Top Bottom