I want to reach IC-2149 or BD+46 1067, as it seems to be called

That's interesting... Heh. When I died on my first exploration trip attempt (like I said elsewhere, beer + lots of stupid + 1.53g, a world, I re-visited on this current trip), being warped back home felt.. weird. I kinda felt out-of-place in the bubble, like I didn't even belong there at all. I had even forgotten the whole docking procedure, something that happened again after reaching Explorer's Anchorage after 2 months of flying through the entire Sagittarius-Carina arm to Beagle Point and then downwards.

I tried my luck at bounty hunting, assassinations, taxi missions and whatnot, but it never felt like it was the right thing for me.

I guess I feel most comfortable out in the middle of nowhere (true for both Elite and real life by the way), so maybe I'm gonna give it a shot, as long as it's not too overcrowded. ;)

Anyway, at least BD+46 1067 is pretty much right on your way back to the bubble, I guess. :)

Commander picommander,

Just checking in (while wondering whether your name might be a reference to the Raspberry Pi computer...),

What's your status? I got sidetracked a little (surveyed a whole class L brown dwarf field today), but I'm reasonably close to Xibalba by now, like maybe 1000-1500Ly away. I guess I should be reaching the region border tomorrow.

Wondering what that entry system you mentioned was about?

Anyway, are you still heading for BD+46 1067, or have you given in to the temptation to just take the fastest way home? ;)

Thanks for reporting back! Too bad about BD+46 1067, but I can understand. :)

I'll put a bookmark on Dryaea Aewsy QY-s d3-9 and head for that system! Maybe I'll map some random world in it. ;) Interestingly, it's not on EDSM yet. You're not syncing your logs with EDSM? Anyway, at least Dryaea Aewsy QY-s d3-0 is up, and it's really close to my current position, so d3-9 can't be too far away I assume? I guess I can visit it today.

And here's your water moon! :)

elite-123-thatwatermoon.jpg
(Click to enlarge)

I can confirm that no planets in the system were mapped. I thought about what to do, and ultimately decided to ignore the primary star and its planetary system, fly over to the secondary star (55kLs) and map... not that water moon, but the HMC it's orbiting, just to leave my mark. I wonder what other visitors might think when they see that. ;) Will probably think I was drunk or something... ;)

If you ever come back to that area of space, that moon might still be all yours for the taking... :p

Edit: I wonder... maybe I should actually re-visit BD+46 1067 on my way back, if I can't make it across the gap between the Outer arm and the Perseus arm from Xibalba directly...

Last edited:
Top Bottom