I was right, you were wrong

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
It's almost June 2019 and still no indication of fleet carriers. Evidently they were not delayed but cancelled. FDev did nothing to clarify this, again opting to mislead the player base in order to generate revenue.
Delayed could mean a day or a month or a year or more.
Did Frontier say they were delayed to June? If not, why are you attributing your own time frame to this?

-

Same with ice worlds.

More likely too hard bucket. They would have done it if they could but they tried and died.
That's a rather pessimistic view to hold, and one that doesn't seem to be grounded in development experience?

We had to delay a new feature last year; not because we failed, but because the feature had unexpected consequences across the entire system. We went back, re-groomed the user story and did a deeper analysis. We then started the feature again, using this revised technical specification and the end result was cleaner code, better performance and took less time to develop.

My point is that just because something is delayed, does not mean the team failed, or that it was too hard.

Last edited:
I'm confident both carriers and improved planetary surfaces will arrive with 2020 update, it also allows time for GPUs to improve by then

Cool! Another one for the block list.
<hands goat over>

Seriously. Enjoy yourself instead of moaning, you will find life is far more relaxed and fun.

At this point I think Rambo enjoys being miserable, it's the only explanation as to why he's still around.
At least the only explanation that doesn't involve the mods letting trolling run rampant on the forums.

I appreciate how FD allows trollbait, but would appreciate if the trolls would put slightly more effort in it.

Rambo & Karde at 2 AM:"See, the sun hasnt returned yet! We told you! The sun will never come, Sandro ate it!"

Okay guys, thanks for the insight. Very thought provoking! :LOL:

Obsidian ant was confident enough to say or imply it on a podcast.

It must be fun to live in white knight land. Thinking that frontier the say nothing developers formally announce features because they’re not intending to deliver..

Amazing tunnel vision.

Obsidian ant was confident enough to say or imply it on a podcast.

It must be fun to live in white knight land. Thinking that frontier the say nothing developers formally announce features because they’re not intending to deliver..

Amazing tunnel vision.

Sorry, I don't do authority arguments, so whatever Obsidian says has zero relevance. I also dont live in 'white knight land'. I am just not neurotic enough to constantly oscillate between various "I KNOW FOR SURE!!!!!" statements. I am a grown man and I can deal with a certain amount of uncertainty in my live. They said part of a free update would come later, what, half a year ago? That is all the info we have, and anyone who pretends to know for certain what will happen is just rather childish. Its 2AM, there is no sun. Will it come? We'll find out later. Running around being all dramatic about not knowing for sure is just daft.

Unless you are OP, who doesn't really care either way beyond causing some forum drama. We all have our own hobbies, I guess.

And even that is uncertain.

That goes both ways, it is also not certain it wont arrive sooner.

Community:"Darn FD, we're tired of all the bugs. Why not just take your time and do it right?!"
FD:"Hey guys, we're going to need more time to do one part of the free update properly."
Community:"IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN THEY LIED TO US!!!!!!"
FD:"..."
Community:"WHY DONT THESE LAZY LIARS TALK TO US?! TALK TO US!!!!!"

That goes both ways, it is also not certain it wont arrive sooner.

Community:"Darn FD, we're tired of all the bugs. Why not just take your time and do it right?!"
FD:"Hey guys, we're going to need more time to do one part of the free update properly."
Community:"IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN THEY LIED TO US!!!!!!"
FD:"..."
Community:"WHY DONT THESE LAZY LIARS TALK TO US?! TALK TO US!!!!!"

I was just sharing an observation, we don't know squat about what will be released and when.

Btw, if Fdev would indeed talk a bit more then there wouldn't be so many uncertainties imho.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom