I was right, you were wrong

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
If, come December, carriers are delivered PROPERLY (ie not a half baked equivalent just to say they did it), I'll admit I was incorrect. Until then, the thread title remains unchanged.

Are you really equating content that you don't like with the absence of content?

"I don't like the way my mommy cut up my spaghetti, therefor there is no spaghetti."

- RamboJambo as a kid, probably

DeletedUser191218

D
Oh sweet, the 'I was only joking' defence :D

Strange then that you are still standing by the thread title as your position just a few posts up.

Only now based on the principle that FDev have to surpass even their own pitch for Carriers to meet your criteria for 'not cancelled'.

Which is weird, because your initial criteria for being right was that they were, y'know, definitely completely cancelled:

Etc etc.

Look it's really easy. Just admit you were wrong. It's how we learn from our mistakes, by acknowledging them, and figuring out how they happened.

I'll offer one up: I was convinced FDev would aim for a 2019 launch date for the DLC. Said as much at great length. I was totally wrong. I'd let my desire for that to be the case tie together insufficient evidence into a neat little bundle, and then, assured by the bundle's weight, convinced myself I had truth in my pocket. Forgetting the big mass of things floating out there that were still unknown ;)

See, it ain't so hard...

Holding on to a daft theory to save face is a waste of time. Just get on with critiquing whatever FDev do with Carriers just like everyone else ;). Just without the 'this actually means they're cancelled' monkey on your back. Easy :)

Cool story bro.

DeletedUser191218

D
Dunno why everyone is getting so excited. If fleet carriers are delivered in December, then I was wrong. Simples. It's no big deal. I don't mind being wrong.

Someone went to the effort of making a meme.....

DeletedUser191218

D
If carriers don't turn up this year...

Hate to admit it, but I'll find it hilarious. :D(y)

I will find it incredibly difficult to not post a thread about it...but I would rather fleet carriers were delivered than having a short period of 'told you so' rights.

Dunno why everyone is getting so excited. If fleet carriers are delivered in December, then I was wrong. Simples. It's no big deal. I don't mind being wrong.

Someone went to the effort of making a meme.....
No, you tried to qualify your statement with "but if I don't like them it's the same as them not being delivered" in some twisted effort to future-proof your statement.

That's why you're catching so much ridicule.

We'll see. This isn't the first time they announced fleet carriers. As I have already mentioned in this thread, I'm more happy to be proven wrong than right. My concern is it will be a poor version of what was originally hoped.

If, come December, carriers are delivered PROPERLY (ie not a half baked equivalent just to say they did it), I'll admit I was incorrect. Until then, the thread title remains unchanged.

moving-the-goalposts-gif-1.gif

DeletedUser191218

D
No, you tried to qualify your statement with "but if I don't like them it's the same as them not being delivered" in some twisted effort to future-proof your statement.

That's why you're catching so much ridicule.

There sure is a lot of salt, I'll give you that. You need to chill. It's a game bro.

It's almost June 2019 and still no indication of fleet carriers. Evidently they were not delayed but cancelled. FDev did nothing to clarify this, again opting to mislead the player base in order to generate revenue.
We'll see. This isn't the first time they announced fleet carriers. As I have already mentioned in this thread, I'm more happy to be proven wrong than right. My concern is it will be a poor version of what was originally hoped.

tenor.gif

DeletedUser191218

D

You guys have a weird mentality. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It says a lot about you that you think I'd get upset about being incorrect regarding something that may or may not be added to a video game. Ever thought you may need to gain a bit of perspective?

I don't know why people keep insisting that I'm somehow bothered about being potentially incorrect. Do I seem upset to you?

You guys have a weird mentality. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It says a lot about you that you think I'd get upset about being incorrect regarding something that may or may not be added to a video game. Ever thought you may need to gain a bit of perspective?

I don't know why people keep insisting that I'm somehow bothered about being potentially incorrect. Do I seem upset to you?
no but I've needed an excuse to post wint memes for ages

Relax champ. Will it make you feel happy if we say you win?

We?

And what is there to win?

It was a simple question about your own advice.

You are the one reacting to everyone like you have something to win or lose or defend.

Was just asking if you feel you should have followed your own advise in retrospect.

but be a marry by all means

Last edited:
You need to chill. It's a game bro.

Good advice. You should take it :)

The most depressing thing about this entire game is how predictable each dissapointment amd failure is.

Can't wait for the 2020 update to be aimed at PS5 and have no ability to walk. It's always interesting seeing white knights tie themselves in knots to convince themselves it's what they wanted all along. There's an obvious parallel with IRL political events....but I'll let those lie.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom