I wonder if ...

Hi all I'm trying to compare my STOOPID SCIENCE EXPERIMENT moments with other CMDRS what is the dumbest thing you have done in-game (real world stoopid moments is a whole other thread)
I mean ideas that start out like ... I wonder if I can turn of thrusters and just use the FSD to fly straight?
by the way answer is no

Mine has to be "I'm sure it will be ok if I stay in slow space and go AFK for a break after an hours undermining" - seemingly one of my wingmen got back to my instance in time to save my inactive ship twice, third time the feds were faster than he was, so I came back to a rebuy screen and was wondering what the heck happened. I didnae mind the credits for the rebuy, but man-o-man, the 8k combat merits I was carrying:cry:

As for stupid science experiments, try 1/3 sugar, 1/3 salt-peter and 1/3 sulfur and light it on fire.

I did this when I got my first chemistry set in 1968. I was 12

(Gilbert, makers of chemistry sets for kids was stupid enough to include this recipe in sets sold to kids in 1968. They also included both the sulfur and salt-peter)

For those who don't know what salt-peter is, google it. For soldiers in the military who don't know what salt-peter is, google it. The military put it in your food.

View attachment 155440

DISCLAIMER: DON"T DO THIS. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR STUPID SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS REFERENCING THIS FORMULA.

Gilbert also sold a Atomic Lab with real radioactive components:

View attachment 155441

Oh, the toys of my childhood. Where did you go. Gilbert was certainly a responsible childrens toy manufacturer. Try getting these approved today.

Oh man flash back I too am old enough to remember the Gilbert Science Kit sadly in Australia we could not get the atomic lab one ... wonder why ... oh yeah radiation.

Oh man flash back I too am old enough to remember the Gilbert Science Kit sadly in Australia we could not get the atomic lab one ... wonder why ... oh yeah radiation.

You don't need no fooncy science kit to play with radioactives, google "David Hahn".... Amarecium (alpha emmiter) from smoke detectors, as in fire alarms, uranium from vintage timepieces, built a breeder reactor in his back garden with tin foil and some of the aforementioned sources.

Congratulations people. You're now officially on some international anti-terrorist watchlist.

I remember coming through an airport after a month in a foreign oilfeild, well tanned and scruffy bearded... When the customs opened my second bag, the one with my work wear in it, first thing they seen was an set of orange overalls, #guantanamo_escapee - it was at that point they pulled their guns out of their holsters. So I suspect I've already been on those lists since ~2011

Top Bottom