I would gladly pay real money for Rank boosts

If I could pay 200 dollars to end this rank grind for the imperials, I would. I'm at count. 200 hundred dollars to Duke would be well worth my sanity at this point.

I assume this is just understandable venting on the rank grind, but I'll say it anyway:

Pay to win is bad. No pay to win. Cosmetics yes, everything else no.

Except for all of the feration pilots who have corvettes because of the Draconis 17 'pay to win'. Didn't seem to break the game at all.

christ almighty OP!...give me your CMDR log in and 200 notes and within 4-5 days ill have you allied with both feds and imps, at least duke and vice admiral ....

Last edited:

SlackR

Banned
Never going to happen... Besides where the fun in paying to win? If rank increase it too tedious, stop doing for a while.

If I could pay 200 dollars to end this rank grind for the imperials, I would. I'm at count. 200 hundred dollars to Duke would be well worth my sanity at this point.

Send a ticket to the support, I am sure that you will find a competent person

:p

Last edited:
Except for all of the feration pilots who have corvettes because of the Draconis 17 'pay to win'. Didn't seem to break the game at all.

Lol. Not quite "pay to win" but still pretty accurate. I ranked up to Admiral via 17 Draconis before I reset my save game. Current game save I have no rank with either the Federation or Empire. I'll consider it if Frontier ever gets around to making membership in one of the navies into compelling game play. Until then, as much as I love the FAS, I'll find something else to fly.

Something I feel needs to be said here. OP is overreacting. But the rank grind is real. It's the most grindy of grindy things in the game and no it doesn't need to be paid to win. It does however need some Dev love to make it more of a challenge/achievement and less of a "do 6000 delivery missions"

I'd rather see a real military mission system implemented in the game.
FD already said that is what they intend to do eventually.
I hope we will be able to get missions from military capital ships, military battle stations, do espionage missions (with appropriate tools) etc. etc.
I would also like to be able to dock with large military ships.

How about no? Pay2progress is kind of a necessary evil in a lot of F2P games, but I certainly don't want any of it in a full-price game.

I'd be strongly against this kind of pa to win mechanic...

...But I'd still use it cos this grind hurts my soul, but I wouldn't pay more than say £3-5 per rank

Top Bottom