I would KILL for a Carrier jumping/traveling animation!

First jump: Here I am in the hanger and I hear all the AMAZING sounds of the Carrier jumping (Seriously, do you have the best audio team?!) and I think to myself "Damn, I would love to see this happen!"

Second jump:
"Right, here I am ON the pad, and not in the hanger! Let's see this thing!"
"Carrier services are temporarily unavailable"
"YES! Here we go!"
Auto inserts into the hanger
"Oh what? AWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwww"

Tim, Dav, David, Please... let us witness the glory of Fleet Carrier hyperspace! At basic, show the Carrier flying through hyperspace... at best: Show your HoloMe with other HoloMe's (or NPC's) on an observation deck watching the journey. It would be AMAZING, like the first time jumping in the game.

I beg you, please make this happen!

What if viewing the rending of space-time is really horrible to look at?
Witch-space is amazing... I find it hard to believe that Hyperspace would be worse.

Imagine:
Black void of hyperspace appears,
Carrier moves in, fading to black once carrier/observation deck passes threshold.
fades into hyperspace tunnel, fades to black
Fades into destination with carrier slowing to a stop,
Carrier services now available.

UGH! Amazing.

Shhhhhh Maggie. Let an Inquisitor dream. :sneaky:
TBH I am in complete agreement, I also have a degree of faith that FD will come up with something, they have Cap Ship jump animations so I can imagine that they have something for Carriers as well.
TBH I'd like to see something beginning to coalesce through the whole wind up period. Even if it's just something spooling up.

Then again I think Carriers are cool, love the idea of having to upkeep them and them being a difficult thing to acquire and operate.

Then again I think Carriers are cool, love the idea of having to upkeep them and them being a difficult thing to acquire and operate.

How are carriers difficult to obtain? a weeks worth of mining and boom plenty of money for a carrier - difficult to operate? that seems poor design on FDevs part rather than a good thing - you keep posting things that are ridiculous and easily shown to be wrong, lacking in both erudition and logic.

How are carriers difficult to obtain? a weeks worth of mining and boom plenty of money for a carrier - difficult to operate? that seems poor design on FDevs part rather than a good thing - you keep posting things that are ridiculous and easily shown to be wrong, lacking in both erudition and logic.
See? And that's the trick. They really aren't that big of a deal if you are a dedicated end-game player, or you have a squad to operate it. I mean it makes sense to have a squad-dedicated megaship. Just my opinion.

See? And that's the trick. They really aren't that big of a deal if you are a dedicated end-game player, or you have a squad to operate it. I mean it makes sense to have a squad-dedicated megaship. Just my opinion.
That was the original idea, probably where all of the mechanics that are so stoopid for solo players come from and that they were too lazy to take out, or too incompetent to consider.

Mining thousands of tons of fuel? nothing for a squadron with 10's of players
Paying upkeep (without the ridiculous decommissioning) common in guild / kinships / clans in some games, often as a tax on income or donations that officers can use for upgrades

Some of the problems with carriers come from leaving these mechanics in when they changed the target audience for carriers and didnt bother changing features to suit.
Not all the problems for sure (credit exploits, blockades, BSG hax) but certainly the ones that solo players have issue with.

OP, I'm fully convinced that Frontier shoves us back in the box for every jump because the haven't yet developed a full jump sequence.

I'm also convinced that the current developers on the Fleet Carriers project merely plugged in the Fleet Carrier jump sequence. One which was originally developed the 3+ years ago for Capital Ships. The already developed NPC swarm are the only moving parts in this, two years in the making, update. Ok, to be fair they did make the one carrier model and its animations, but that's the only new stuff. Take those animations away and this update looks more like an accounting app with mostly bad math.

;)

Last edited:
OP, I'm fully convinced that Frontier shoves us back in the box for every jump because the haven't yet developed a full jump sequence.

I'm also convinced that the current developers on the Fleet Carriers project merely plugged in the Fleet Carrier jump sequence. One which was originally developed the 3+ years ago for Capital Ships. The already developed NPC swarm are the only moving parts in this, two years in the making, update. Ok, to be fair they did make the one carrier model and its animations, but that's the only new stuff. Take those animations away and this update looks more like an accounting app with mostly bad math.

;)
That is the other major point I have with carriers, after 2 years and many many delays, this is the best they could do? 1 new art asset and copying things ingame already and it took them over 2 years?

I dont even mean the best, this is the least of the worst they could do and for this we lose CG's, galnet, story progression and more broken promises.

Top Bottom