Newcomer / Intro Iam backer but been out of the game for almost two years... (back because of the odyssey effect)

Question:

I dont remember if the engineer upgrade task on a FSD drive is addtive.
If I first do the grade 1 and then I do a grade 2, is the changes from grade 2 added on grade 1 effects?
Or is the grade 1 removed and grade 2 added to FSD clean slate?

Tried to google it but cant find any information on it.

Any knowledge about this?

Best regards commanders o7

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Engineering is now cumulative, within a particular modification - all grades need to be crafted now and we can't just go straight to grade 5.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
If it is already modified under the old system then it can be "converted" to the new system - and may end up with a grade close to the one it already has, I don't think that the existing modification requires to be removed comnpletely.

Thanks commander.. So I need to redo my FSD from the botton up.
Converting old engineered modules to new has to be done at an engineer with the right blueprint and will drop the engineering on the module one grade and I think loses the experimental effect.
So if your FSD is a grade 3 converting it will make it a grade 2, from which point you can just keep working on it to grade 5.
But if you buy a new FSD you will start engineering it at grade 1, however the process is much quicker if you have already engineered that blueprint before to a high level on another module.

Yep. And don't forget to go to the next higher grade the very moment it becomes available on the left. Don't just finish out G3 if G4 gets highlighted, go straight to G4 then to finish G3 AND get the first roll on G4 completed.

Yep. And don't forget to go to the next higher grade the very moment it becomes available on the left. Don't just finish out G3 if G4 gets highlighted, go straight to G4 then to finish G3 AND get the first roll on G4 completed.
What? Should I jump G3 roll and go for G4 roll? Why?

What? Should I jump G3 roll and go for G4 roll? Why?
It's the way the system works. When you're upgrading, say, a G3 and you get to about (I forget the exact number, 75% or 80% of the circle on the screen), the next higher grade up becomes available on the left side of the screen.

At that point you can either keep rolling on G3, burning mats on every roll until you complete it, or you can select the next, now available G4 on the left, and then start rolling there.

This will complete your G3 in one roll, no matter whether you're at 80% or 99% on G3, and it will start the first roll on G4 at the same time, thus saving you some mats.

It's the way the system works. When you're upgrading, say, a G3 and you get to about (I forget the exact number, 75% or 80% of the circle on the screen), the next higher grade up becomes available on the left side of the screen.

At that point you can either keep rolling on G3, burning mats on every roll until you complete it, or you can select the next, now available G4 on the left, and then start rolling there.

This will complete your G3 in one roll, no matter whether you're at 80% or 99% on G3, and it will start the first roll on G4 at the same time, thus saving you some mats.
The main reason why you might want to continue on the G3 rolls is that you haven't got one or more of the items in the G4 recipe.

Remade a new FSD drive at Felicity. From 41.25(w GB)ly jump range to 45.75(w GB)ly . 10% improvment :) not as much as I hoped for but still :)
Thanks for your advice commanders. O7

Top Bottom