News Icarus Cup: Information and Signup

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Awesome! How are the locations going to be determined? Jumping combat spec FAS's and the like a long distance will be tricky unless the systems have great outfitting!

Zac what date can we expect this to take place? Obviously planning is still in effect but will we see this happen before the end of the year?

I know what he meant bud but it's still classed as an engineers module :)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Still classed as an engineers module bud

By Zac's definition, Enhanced Drives are not an engineer modification, considering that the rule is very clear in saying "it can be obtained at a stations outfitting, it can be added without any additional points".

​Enhanced drives are a big advantage for smaller ships, but there's a big price to pay with the power draw. I'd love to see some builds using them.

By Zac's definition, Enhanced Drives are not an engineer modification, considering that the rule is very clear in saying "it can be obtained at a stations outfitting, it can be added without any additional points".

​Enhanced drives are a big advantage for smaller ships, but there's a big price to pay with the power draw. I'd love to see some builds using them.

Enhanced drives are only available from a planetary base, therefore not a station's outfitting. The idea behind this was to help balance the fights and not give an advantage to horizons users over non-horizons users.

However, if you do choose to use one of these drives, that would count as your team's one and only engineered module.

Last edited:
Wait what, is the Imperial Clipper straight up banned from this? It doesn't have a points value on the list....

Also no Anacondas/Corvette means no Anaconda/Corvette+two smaller ships wing, which is a valid if not optimal method. Weird that you'd allow the FDL, and exclude ships that have far less of an impact on PVP post 2.0

Last edited:
The points system was balanced with the help of a core group of VERY AWESOME focus group members from a number of groups who helped get the balance rightr.

Won't be to everyones taste but it's a good balance we feel.

This particular points list was created by one VERY AWESOME focus group member in particular ;)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Wait what, is the Imperial Clipper straight up banned from this? It doesn't have a points value on the list....

Also no Anacondas/Corvette means no Anaconda/Corvette+two smaller ships wing, which is a valid if not optimal method. Weird that you'd allow the FDL, and exclude ships that have far less of an impact on PVP post 2.0

The clipper is classified as a large ship, which receives the large hull bonus to damage mitigation vs small and medium ships. Having a hulltank clipper skews the balance way off (and would be worth too many points to be considered as part of any team if it was actually in the list).

The idea behind this competition was to have it limited to small+medium ships only, mostly for balance reasons but also to dictate a fast-paced fight that doesn't take almost an hour to finish :)

No limits on weapons, utility points, or modules as long as they are purchased at a space station outfitting?

Anything I can buy at a station is fair game to bring into the fight? Please say yes.

I like the look of this, but I would like clarification on performance thrusters as I can buy them via outfitting.

Really Nice!

One engineers modification means i can have one modified weapons, for expample, with incendiary rounds (multicannon) or i can have 2 multicannon with the same modification? i think just one, but anyway need to confirm.

And other thing, powerplay modules and weapons are allowed?

Hi Zac, could you please clarify on whether powerplay gear is kosher or not? Secondly, are there any plans for recording the bouts?

View attachment 111340
Rules & Terms

Note: there are not final, they will be updated based on additional comments and questions and to add clarity to the games before they go live.

• Each squad registers eight people

How strict is this rule? Would it also be legit to register a squad of 6 commanders? Maybe also only 4 commanders?

Since we can take part also in wings of 2 or 3 pilots it shouldn't be a big issue I hope.

Go Icarus Cup go! This will be grand [up]

Last edited:
[Enhanced drives ...] are classed as your engineer module

Yo, Honcho! Out of interest, could it be enhanced drives with engineer mod, or do you think it would just be enhanced or modded drives?

This particular points list was created by one VERY AWESOME focus group member in particular ;)

The clipper is classified as a large ship, which receives the large hull bonus to damage mitigation vs small and medium ships. Having a hulltank clipper skews the balance way off (and would be worth too many points to be considered as part of any team if it was actually in the list).

Yo, Rinzler! Nice points list man. Putting together / debating this sort of thing is always fun ...

A VERY AWESOME focus group member kindly asked me whether I was interested in joining but I wasn't. Now I wish I had - I'd have advocated including the Clipper with a points value on your list in the 7 to 9 range ... so, probably 8.

The poor old Clipper ... near extinct from Open PvP, unused (even though allowed) in all of dozens of rounds of Oogie's League, both Seasons 1 and 2 [or almost all - did Kinmob use his? I forget] ... a Powerplant that takes damage every time the ship is hit ... and now banned as OP!

:p :D

Sorry If I missed it Zac. But August is holiday season.
And since the rules state that teams can't change, I'd like to know until when the fights will run.

Thanks

Great event!

It is summer and vacation time, I hardly can bring players together at August. I'm the only one with this problem? Subscription to 3. August is very close. Could you schedule all things 4 weeks later?

What about stealth ships - any limitations?

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom