Release Icon Pack for Elgato Stream Deck

If there is any demand on these icons I'm more than happy to add more for other functions and add new colours. Just let me know. They are all transparent PNG images so you could add your own custom colour overlay.

Here's what they look like:

vwnXfT3.png

465PQA9.jpg

I wasn't sure on sites to upload a ZIP archive to that would be acceptable so with no loss of original quality....

The icons can be individually saved from here:

https://imgur.com/a/FV1bacb

Last edited:
Made some groovy icons now.
I just can't get the deck to do anything in game.
Got the keys programmed, they do their thing in a text editor, but no response in game. I can press the same key on the keyboard and it works, but not when I press the deck key.
I have no idea why it's not working in ED. It works fine in other programs such as Lightroom etc...
Any suggestions?

Its a bit fiddly...program the keys with a keystroke set that is NOT being used at the moment..for example in my case ALT+I. Once done go to Elite control options and enter the same key command for the function you require say Cargo Scoop. Once done the keys will work fine. I am already using it after a couple of hours messing around. It will work and looks quite cool. Please remember it actually remaps to the Stream Deck so any command used can ONLY be used from there. Good Luck!

Can ANYONE please tell me how to change the font colour on the stream deck ‘key creator’ software please? I’ve tried everything but end up going into Windows Paint and doing it through that...which is a very long winded process. Any help would be really really appreciated - cheers Cmdrs

Excellent thanks - I'm going to "borrow" some of those... especially the hyperspace one which I really like! I was never happy with my HSD icon...

I've got my SteamDeck working FINE in ED, but there is a horrible gotcha: you HAVE to use specific software version, as some versions of the software do not pass modifier keys (Shift/Alt/etc) correctly... I haven't tried the latest version because after downgrading I know that V 3.1.1.7457 works with ED, and AT LEAST the next three releases DO NOT WORK with ED (one version doesn't work at all for me...). I had to uninstall, unplug deck, download the old version (https://edge.elgato.com/egc/windows/sd/Stream_Deck_3.1.1.7457.msi), install it, REFUSE Update(!), then plug deck back in.

I use a convoluted combination of keys so that I can leave main keys "as is" - most things have an ALT keystroke you can bind. eg LeftShift+RightAlt+K

I have a pile of my own maps and icons that I'll try and post up... three layers deep, three paths currently:
Top -> ED -> Flight -> Local (see pic below for these three)
ED -> SRV
ED -> Combat

On my desk it sits behind my hotas.

SRV and Combat very much a work in progress... and some of the other commands no longer work e.g. docking request is a PITA... I used to have it working but no more :(

To change background in keycreator, first check the layer you are on (maybe try hide to check right one)... then click the "solid" icon under the Compose section (third one along) then on the right side Inspector section click on the colour itself at the top and the popup will let you change background colour to anything

EDStreamDeck.jpg

Edit: replaced E:D with ED throughout. Sigh.

Last edited:
Just bought the XL(32 keys) and initial tests :
1) Latest software works just fine, as a test I set one key to mimick "DOCK" for my fighter, the key is F1, it worked.(need to test specials like ALT CTRL etc)
2) Launching the game , the stream deck automatically loaded my ED profile
3) Wow !!! sold on this :)
edit : I think the XL now uses 144X144 icons

Last edited:
Excellent thanks - I'm going to "borrow" some of those... especially the hyperspace one which I really like! I was never happy with my HSD icon...

I've got my SteamDeck working FINE in ED, but there is a horrible gotcha: you HAVE to use specific software version, as some versions of the software do not pass modifier keys (Shift/Alt/etc) correctly... I haven't tried the latest version because after downgrading I know that V 3.1.1.7457 works with ED, and AT LEAST the next three releases DO NOT WORK with ED (one version doesn't work at all for me...). I had to uninstall, unplug deck, download the old version (https://edge.elgato.com/egc/windows/sd/Stream_Deck_3.1.1.7457.msi), install it, REFUSE Update(!), then plug deck back in.

I use a convoluted combination of keys so that I can leave main keys "as is" - most things have an ALT keystroke you can bind. eg LeftShift+RightAlt+K

I have a pile of my own maps and icons that I'll try and post up... three layers deep, three paths currently:
ED -> SRV
ED -> Combat

SRV and Combat very much a work in progress... and some of the other commands no longer work e.g. docking request is a PITA... I used to have it working but no more :(

To change background in keycreator, first check the layer you are on (maybe try hide to check right one)... then click the "solid" icon under the Compose section (third one along) then on the right side Inspector section click on the colour itself at the top and the popup will let you change background colour to anything

View attachment 126794

I can understand how to do bindings to keystokes, but how did you do "Launch" or "request docking" since we don't have specific bindings for them ?
Just going up down left right in the UI works first time but not again unless there is a way to reset focus?

ED -> SRV
ED -> Combat

View attachment 126794

Just spotted this after having a go at my own Elgato Icons, my work means I’m pretty pushed for time so any spare time is 4-3-2-1 Engage time, but I would LOVE to use some of your icons If we could get together or you could zip me some...I’m wiling to tip a few bob..if that’s what is needed but I really do like your work and I just don’t have the time (Manager of a hectic Hospital Plaster Room fighting the fight against broken bones!)..to design my own...hope you reply Cmdr ...Fly Safe..ish o7

If there is any demand on these icons I'm more than happy to add more for other functions and add new colours. Just let me know. They are all transparent PNG images so you could add your own custom colour overlay.

Very, very nice work indeed. Do you have any additions to make to your initial collection? I'm not fussy, I'll use whatever you have with profuse thanks and mucho gratitude. :)

I love using the Elgato setup, so much so I built a LEGO stand to house 2 x Stream Deck XLs and built a full set of functionality for Elite using them.
Works really well and I no longer need a throttle but a single stick. I did this mapping many things to Elgato buttons to try and move towards using a wireless (bluetooth) Xbox controller on Windows to play Elite. For now the single stick seems to be working well.

Attachments

• ElgatoXLx2 for EliteDangerous.png
    ElgatoXLx2 for EliteDangerous.png
    621.3 KB · Views: 3,462

Here's what they look like:

vwnXfT3.png

465PQA9.jpg

I wasn't sure on sites to upload a ZIP archive to that would be acceptable so with no loss of original quality....

The icons can be individually saved from here:

Source: https://imgur.com/a/FV1bacb

I love the look of these. I do not know how to get them set-up, but it can't be very simple. I do love my stream deck tho. Just havn't really had a chance to play with it :(

Its a bit fiddly...program the keys with a keystroke set that is NOT being used at the moment..for example in my case ALT+I. Once done go to Elite control options and enter the same key command for the function you require say Cargo Scoop. Once done the keys will work fine. I am already using it after a couple of hours messing around. It will work and looks quite cool. Please remember it actually remaps to the Stream Deck so any command used can ONLY be used from there. Good Luck!
Just for reference..here is mine in full use

elegato.jpg

Thanks..wanted to replicate a carbon fibre panel as in a real cockpit..took some work to get that effect but worth it.
As you can see green border = physical functions white = comms light blue = scan systems..this is to facilitate function changes in the future..I know what colour I would need to activate it.
Also not that none of the keys are required for actual flying..this would be too slow

Last edited:
Top Bottom