Idea for Generation Ship Rescue

Just watched a video on one of the Generation Ships and I had this thhougth: "How cool would it be for us to stumble upon a Generation Ship, which is still alive?"
I mean just imagine, picking up a signal from a listening post and following the clues only to stumble upon a Generation Ship. And then you pick up a transmission from the ship of people wondering, what they are seeing. Fear, Panic spreading as they assume you are some alien ship. After all, they have no idea who you are. As you approach in your cockpit, they spot you from one of the viewing areas and realize their mistake. Blah blah blah, you get the deal :D

BOOOM. Next day. Galaxy News about this stranded vessel and a call for action to all pilots, to evacuate the Generation ship and get them back to civilisation(. Of course it would be out in nowhere, so travel times would be immense and there are probably a few shady individuals trying to sabotage this effort or slavers, looking for easy pickings.

Since docking is not an option, they would drop escape pods, like instellations, to collect. After some time we might need to drop some commodity to fill up their escape pod reserves(i guess they are consumer technology?), which some limpets of the ship would gather up and bring them into their bays.

And then after all passangers have been evacuated, what is left is the ship as a memorial for future pilots, with left messanges from the grateful captain or something, maybe a shiny tourism beacon and a lot of memories for the participants. [heart]

Maybe there are more than one of those generation ships and FD could deploy them ever so often (like once a year), so even later players can enjoy the party, without making it stale.

I mean thinking about it. If the messages are text only, the escape pods are gathered via instellations, FDev already got all the mechanical stuff lying around. Only thing missing would be a Gen-Ship Model with the Escape Pod Bays(or however they are called) to be added to the mesh. Over all it would make great use of the listening posts, I loved hunting after them.

Top Bottom