Idea how to prevent players to farm CC with animal farms.

If your money is in negative numbers, you can not earn CCs. I believe you would effectively destroy all the big animal breeding farms.

EDIT: was under the impression that majority of large 'puppy mills' are in negative cash flow.

Last edited:
I doubt anyone breeding animals is in negative cash. I have 7.5m and over 400k CC. Why do you want to stop people farming CC? For some the player market and breeding is the enjoyement.

Everybody plays their own game. People who have big breeding farms, won't have any problems with their $..

From a moral POV, big animal breeding farms is not cool.
But because of these breeding farms, we are able to find these animals on the market.. They are willing to accept a lower price because they already have to much CC.

I doubt anyone breeding animals is in negative cash. I have 7.5m and over 400k CC. Why do you want to stop people farming CC? For some the player market and breeding is the enjoyement.

I was going to say the same thing. Honestly, the "breeding zoos" is something even those who don't do it should be thankful for. It's a source of animals on the market, not having them would lower the supply which would, arguably, make what's there cost more, not less as the OP seems to think.

I'm aware that there is a conspiracy theory that the people who farm CC buy up cheap animals and resell for higher as well, forcing prices higher, but I don't think I buy that that group of people is large enough that they could maintain those higher prices unless the community at large (rather than just the one subset) also maintains those prices in general. Which makes it "the market" and not some kind of conspiracy and price gouging.

I would imagine some of those players with "animal mills" that created a lot of uproar especially around the first 2 community challenges are no longer playing. I say this because I don't see the heated postings here or in the steam discussions that dominated the talk (only bugs and complaints were more prevalent).

I still see animals with weak stats posted for 10,000 cc's when there are very few animals of that species to buy. Is that gouging or market ignorance or simply someone trying to pull their zoo out of bankruptcy hoping on the long shot

Its definitely market ignorance / capitalism to be fair. Supply and demand. But also there isn't any rule that you cant sell a 0 fertility and / or 0 immunity for 10k.

Stating the obvious...if a puppy mill has no money, they couldn’t buy food, so they would no longer be in “production., would they. :rolleyes:

Honestly there are a lot of animals that have become very difficult to keep up with from a breeding standpoint. Hyenas, Giant Pandas, there just aren't enough on the market anymore. People, including puppy mill people, aren't playing as much I guess.

That being said, I've never understood the whole puppy mill thing. I have 1.5m cc .. and I haven't had more than 2 enclosures for an animal. I don't even do that anymore, I just have 1 of each now. cc is pretty easy for the most part. And i've inbred some of the faster breeders by accident, but only 3-4 times since launch. There's just no need. I mean I guess if your enjoyment is to have 10m cc .. but what's the point in that?

The whole resale thing .. I get, but it's the same in world of warcraft and most mmo economies. Ive done a little of that here but it mostly comes down to feeling the need to buy before comparing mates because I know someone else will and I don't keep track of what I bought cheap or didn't so a lot of times they get reposted for a lot higher. To me though people should be researching the market value of their animals before posting them. Posting something good at 10% it's worth just means those of us that breed animals have to buy it to inspect it. Maybe it's helping the little guy, but, the only way the little guy is going to contribute to the animal population in the long run is to learn to breed from the ground up, with bronze or silver guys. I still see plenty of breeds that post cheap. Nyala is one, they are fun to breed to. I stack them in my storage and keep comparing the new females to the new male until the last moment when I have to cycle out the 5 in the zoo. I can't remember the last time I got a silver nyala.

Honestly there are a lot of animals that have become very difficult to keep up with from a breeding standpoint. Hyenas, Giant Pandas, there just aren't enough on the market anymore. People, including puppy mill people, aren't playing as much I guess.

I would argue that there is even more players playing the game, and would assume that animal shortage is the result of people actually playing the game.

I would argue that there is even more players playing the game, and would assume that animal shortage is the result of people actually playing the game.
I dont get that impression at all. Japanese Macaque for example, breed like rabbits. Unless everyone just stopped breeding animals, there should be tons of them on the market. I've put up 10+ well cared for male Macaque in the past couple of days, yet I have to stare at the trading screen praying to the animal gods that someone posts 1 that isn't 18 years old for 9k ... I have to spend far more time staring at the market, which is hardly playing the game more imo ..

What i was trying to explain is that if you actually play the game you will probably spend majority of time building and having the speed set to regular or pause even.
That would result in fewer new animals to sell in market. Also, now that the hype around CC has settled, many players simply release animals to wild because of large zoos and also because of laggy animal market.

If your money is in negative numbers, you can not earn CCs. I believe you would effectively destroy all the big animal breeding farms.
Not going to work. I will post the solution for all the breeders:
Farm High appeal animals like tigers, snow leopard etc. Store them anywhere.

Make a breeding farm for other animals, if they start going bankrupt just put another habitat with a single tiger or snow leopard, this way they would not cost much on animal food but they will fetch enough donation for your farm. If still not working, just reduce some breeding habitats.

Its definitely market ignorance / capitalism to be fair. Supply and demand. But also there isn't any rule that you cant sell a 0 fertility and / or 0 immunity for 10k.
If you have not observed yet, I would like to mention that sometimes 0 fertility animals yield the highest stat babies, sure it is difficult to breed them and quantity of babies is low, but quality sure is high sometimes.

Also, now that the hype around CC has settled, many players simply release animals to wild because of large zoos and also because of laggy animal market.
^^This^^

I don't sell anything on the market unless I had already sent the animal to the trade center thinking I was going to keep it and then changed my mind. Releasing animals to the wild without it ever hitting my trade center is usually more CC than what I will get at market anyway with how you get more CC if you release direct from the zoo right after the animal matures.
I don't have the time or inclination to play the whole game of "check what's available at the market and for how much" to figure out when and where I might be able to get more from trading.

The only exception to this is specific, high value animals that I know will have good market value and those animals that I know from experience can be a real b**** to find on the market so I post mine just to help out the community.

Honestly the part about the market that bothers me the most is the number of people who will put up ancient, about to die of old age animals. Those people are jerks and there's a lot of them. People trying to gouge on prices with regular animals at least are providing supply.
If you have not observed yet, I would like to mention that sometimes 0 fertility animals yield the highest stat babies, sure it is difficult to breed them and quantity of babies is low, but quality sure is high sometimes.

Yah, and once you have the animal researched high enough to get all the fertility bonuses, breeding them is actually not all that difficulty. I go for the low-price, 0% fertility animals that show as good matches when I buy on the market literally all the time.

Last edited:
sometimes.

Nobody with little knowledge on a market can get rich with this word. Yes, sometimes someone gets rich by a lucky strike somewhere, but 99% it is not his doing, but just sheer luck. If you have no feeling for the market and how to rich, just stop doing that and enjoy the animals you have. I have seen people on youtube have fun with yellow and red stats animals. If market is not a thing, try finding joy in other parts of the game.

I just bought a few yellow stats bonobonos, and I'm not whining. I make them greens and maybe get rich. There is no point to complain. Bonobonos go for around 300 CC nowadays, because the market supplies no good ones. Now, tough luck. I'll deal with that my way.

Last edited:
well macaque release for like 80, and sell for 2-6k ... whats going to happen when all people do is make buildings? where are you going to get your animals?

Nobody with little knowledge on a market can get rich with this word. Yes, sometimes someone gets rich by a lucky strike somewhere, but 99% it is not his doing, but just sheer luck.

My post was a reply to the post suggesting a ban on selling animals with 0 stats, logically no one should buy them if they are taking high risks. I generally use this by comparing in the market to get cheap animals for increasing the gene pool. Also it is much more manageable if animals do not give a lot of babies.

My post was a reply to the post suggesting a ban on selling animals with 0 stats, logically no one should buy them if they are taking high risks. I generally use this by comparing in the market to get cheap animals for increasing the gene pool. Also it is much more manageable if animals do not give a lot of babies.
Animals with a few 0's on their stats are not bad. The real culprits are the people who sell animals which are about to die in a few months and are already infertile.
Anybody who pays 10K for an animal with bad stats deserves what he gets.

Top Bottom