If you could change the basegame roster of dinosaurs, what would your list be?

The title says it all. And while I do enjoy the basegame roster, it still isn't fully to my taste (which it of course doesn't have to be).

However this got me thinking of all the dinosaurs I'd have liked in the base game. I will be limiting this to 30 species to keep it brief. I'll also try to make them as diverse as possible both in diet, family, size and appearance around the world. A lot would have to have completely different animations and mechanics which I'll talk about when necesary.

Note!: Some of these are already in game but were either added in DLC or aren't scientifically acurate. I get why but still would''ve appreciated more accurate versions.
  1. Australovenator
  2. Avimimus (free to roam around with guests)
  3. Bajadasaurus
  4. Buriolestes (similar to the compy in game but a bit bigger)
  5. Corythoraptor
  6. Daemonosaurus
  7. Deinocheirus
  8. Dilophosaurus (the scientifically accurate one)
  9. Euoplocephalus
  10. uivenator (would be able to climbs in trees)
  11. Gryposaurus
  12. Haplocheirus (would eat from termite mounts)
  13. Irritator (it nwould be able to swim)
  14. Koreanosaurus (would be able to dig burrows)
  15. Lufengosaurus (would be able to walk like a quadruped or biped)
  16. Lurdusaurus (it would be semi-aquatic and have a need to swim)
  17. Miragaia (it would able to eat from high feeders by standing on to them and reaching up with its neck)
  18. Mochlodon
  19. Nasutoceratops
  20. Nothronychus
  21. Pachycephalosaurus
  22. Piatnitzkysaurus
  23. Proceratosaurus
  24. Rugops
  25. Spinosaurus (it would also be semi-aquatic and have a need to swim)
  26. Struthiomimus
  27. Torvosaurus (the gurneyi species, so the bigger one from Europe)
  28. Turiasaurus
  29. Udanoceratops (it would have a unique behaviour of rolling in sand to ward of flies like pigs or other animals)
  30. Utahraptor
Please tell me your lists since I'm very curious of other peoples opinion. I limited myself to strictly dinosaurs but flying reptiles, synapsids, swimming reptiles or just aquatic animals are of course allowed!

Last edited:
I don't really have much desire to change the past, though if I most people were in the developer's shoes at the time, then I get the feeling very similar choices would've been made, given the relatively short amount of time they had to develop things.
gently caressuivenator (would be able to climbs in trees)
Is that the Tree Creeper from Primeval you're referring to?

If not, I have a Notoceratops you might be interested in.

Erm... I'm confused... you're asking us to make our own basegame dino roster, right? At first I was thinking this might be a "dinosaurs I would have added" thread, but then you added things like Pachycephalosaurus, Spinosaurus and Struthiomimus, which were always in the game... but then your suggestions are almost devoid of any Jurassic canon dinosaurs... so I'm at a loss as to what you're asking... unless you really think that list you made would attract anyone... which would be weirder than the suggestions...

Some of these suggestions are really strange and out there... a lot of the ideas you put in the parenthesis don't really make sense. Also, what's a Caressuivenator? I tried to Google search it, but all I got was this thread...

So, assuming you really do mean "make your own basegame dino roster" I suppose mine would look something link this... I'm going with 37, because that's what we got in the basegame. I based my choices firstly on how well the group with other animals; I like being able to mix my animals with there contemporaries, so having animals that all come from the same time and place was a big must. I also wanted a decent bit of diversity in design... I mean, obviously there will be clones, but too many suck. And of course there needed to be plenty of canon animals... because who makes a Jurassic Park game, or any dinosaur game, and omit things like Tyrannosaurus or Triceratops?!

01. Ankylosaurus (would be so much nicer if it looked right... there's a nice mod skin that looks really good and realistic... until it starts moving anyways)
02. Acrocanthosaurus
03. Apatosaurus
04. Brachiosaurus
05. Camarasaurus
06. Ceratosaurus (it's still way too big, even after the downgrade)
07. Chasmosaurus
08. Corythosaurus (a proper quadruped walking animation would be so much better)
09. Deinonychus (an accurate size and no fins would be nice)
10. Dilophosaurus (I agree, a realistic Dilo would be so much nicer)
11. Diplodocus
12. Dryosaurus
13. Edmontonia
14. Edmontosaurus
15. Gallimimus (really wish it was bigger... it's suppose to be one of the largest ornithomimosaurs)
16. Gigantspinosaurus (a proper tail orientation would be favorable; held high off the ground and not basically dragging on the ground)
17. Iguanodon
18. Indominus
19. Leptoceratops (small and capable of walking either bipedally or on all fours)
20. Maiasaura
21. Mamenchisaurus (would be nice if it had a properly angled neck and not sticking straight up which is thought to be impossible)
22. Oviraptor (feeds from plant feeders; there's no evidence to suggest it ate eggs)
23. Pachycephalosaurus (a properly oriented spine would improve its appearance so much)
24. Parasaurolophus (same as Corythosaurus; I hate how these things walk on their hind legs)
25. Polacanthus (really should swing its tail like a stegosaur and not shoulder attacks like Sauropelta. Also, there shouldn't be spikes attached to the hip shield)
26. Sauropelta
27. Spinosaurus
28. Stegosaurus
29. Struthiomimus
30. Styracosaurus (it's way too big, made super noticeable how its skull is larger than Triceratops's)
31. Therizinosaurus
32. Triceratops
33. Troodon
34. Tuojiangosaurus
35. Tyrannosaurus
36. Velociraptor
37. Yangchuanosaurus

And for the Deluxe Edition; stand-alone animals from far off places!
38. Crichtonpelta (Crichtonsaurus is a dubious genus... besides that, it's way too big in JWE, almost twice its actual size...)
39. Kentrosaurus (same as Gigantspinosaurus; a proper tail orientation would be so much better)
40. Majungasaurus
41. Plateosaurus (many sauropodomorphs or "prosauropods" were in fact strictly bipedal)
42. Herrerasaurus

So yeah, something like this... I omitted Dracorex, Chungkingosaurus, Metriacanthosaurus, Nodosaurus and also Archaeornithomimus because I felt none of them were particularly amazing or essential. On the other hand, I feel Giganotosaurus, Huayangosaurus, Muttaburrasaurus, Pentaceratops, Suchomimus, Torosaurus and Tsintaosaurus are all nice, but I feel they would work better in an expansion or dinosaur pack...

Last edited:
I don't really have much desire to change the past, though if I most people were in the developer's shoes at the time, then I get the feeling very similar choices would've been made, given the relatively short amount of time they had to develop things.

Is that the Tree Creeper from Primeval you're referring to?

If not, I have a Notoceratops you might be interested in.

I don't know what happened there since in the edit mode it says the right genus. it is uivenator.

I don't know what happened there since in the edit mode it says the right genus. it is gently caressuivenator.
I don't know why it does that, I'll link the page cause it keeps autocorrecting from uivenator to gently carressuivenator
https://www.google.com/search?q=uiv...ECBYQAw&biw=1366&bih=625#imgrc=vRck8ajhRER0QM

Well - looking at the base list of dinosaurs in JW:E - I like most of the list (31 species), but think that 5 species are basically a variation of other species in the game, and therefore are duplicates.
Those 5 are - Dracorex (as a juvie Pachy?), 2 of the 3species of Chinese stegosaurs, Pentaceratops (similar to Triceratops, Torosaurus & Chasmosaurus , of which are better known), and Polacanthus or Sauropleta which are similar to Nodosaurus.

In there place - I would replace them with - the Carnivore pack species ( Acrocanthosaurus, Herrerasaurus, & Proceratosaurus), Nasutoceratops , and Tenontosaurus . Reasons - the base game needed more carnivores - as the original list only had about 24% carnivores - this would increase that to nearly 33% carnivores. Also the original list lacked Centrosaurine ceratopsid, and Iguanodontids (unless you count Muttaburrasaurus). So the addition of Nasutoceratops and Tenontosaurus would help correct that problem.

I would keep the Deluxe Edition, and Fallen Kingdom DLC, list exactly the same as they are.

I'll 100% keep the film canon dinosaurs, but for removals...

Chungkingosaurus and Gigantspinosaurus (Replacements will be Oviraptor and Therizinosaurus)
Huayangosaurus (will be changed to Tuojiangosaurus)
Dracorex (Concavenator time)
Sauropelta (Iguanodon takes up its slot)

Top Bottom