If you mine with an NPC, FIRE THEM

FIRE YOUR NPC before you sell.

Depending on the quality of pilot you hired, they can take up to 12% of your profits. When you have a big haul to sell, that can rack up quite a bit in terms of fees. Most big stations always have pilots available for you to hire, so simply fire the one you came in with and hire a new one if you are going back out again.

Take note, npc's STILL GET PAID even if you place them on standby. so the only way to maximize your profits is to fire them BEFORE you sell, then hire a new one after you have been paid. This way they dont take any of the profits from the sale of your ore.

If you want to have an npc pilot on your permanent payroll hire one who is harmless, when he gains experience his share will go up to 10%.
If you don't want to give him his share, do as RCD said and hire one when you need him and fire him before you cash in your mission or goods or whatever.

Personally I am at a point where I have no problem to pay my crew.

I had to let Theo go. He might have grumbled every time I or my wingman accidentally shot him. He might have made 800m from me for doing about 2 hours work a week but he was Elite and good at what he does. But. As I'm saving up for a Fleet Carrier, I can't have anyone freeloading!

So bye bye Theo.

FIRE YOUR NPC before you sell.

Depending on the quality of pilot you hired, they can take up to 12% of your profits. When you have a big haul to sell, that can rack up quite a bit in terms of fees. Most big stations always have pilots available for you to hire, so simply fire the one you came in with and hire a new one if you are going back out again.

Take note, npc's STILL GET PAID even if you place them on standby. so the only way to maximize your profits is to fire them BEFORE you sell, then hire a new one after you have been paid. This way they dont take any of the profits from the sale of your ore.

No hired pilot is permanent anymore on my ship. If I hire one, he is out before I cash in. These days most of the time I forget to hire them. My SLF's have been sitting idle in my Corvette for a long time.

Last edited:
............................................Personally I am at a point where I have no problem to pay my crew.

But if you are mining for a Fleet carrier and have a full load of LTD on a cutter (Approx 620 million credits for me), thats 62 Million credit your missing out on per trip! That means on 10 trips you are doing one complete trip just for the NPC......... o_O😳o_O😳

Mine got the P45!!

I will wait until fleet carriers are for sale before I
But if you are mining for a Fleet carrier and have a full load of LTD on a cutter (Approx 620 million credits for me), thats 62 Million credit your missing out on per trip! That means on 10 trips you are doing one complete trip just for the NPC......... o_O😳o_O😳

Mine got the P45!!
Given that (at least now) I don't see the need of me owning a carrier this doesn't change: Personally I am at a point where I have no problem to pay my crew. :p

You guys would make great old timey industrialists.
They made ~10% that means you made ~90%.

To each his own, I guess.

"They" are pixels. I am flesh and blood and invest my time and energy. When mining I am doing all. They contribute nothing.

If FDev implemented a solid NPC crew system, like I have been proposing forever, things might be different.
For example if I could hire an npc mining supervisor who would increase the chance of discovering high value asteroids, or increase the yield, then it might be extremely cool to have an npc in my service while mining. I really would love that.

"They" are pixels. I am flesh and blood and invest my time and energy. When mining I am doing all. They contribute nothing.

If FDev implemented a solid NPC crew system, like I have been proposing forever, things might be different.
For example if I could hire an npc mining supervisor who would increase the chance of discovering high value asteroids, or increase the yield, then it might be extremely cool to have an npc in my service while mining. I really would love that.
That's a cool idea.

For bounty hunting, I'll sometimes hire an expert pilot for 150k, and sit on them for a few sessions before cashing anything in.

Expert NPCs are usually sufficient, and if you fire them before you cash in, all you pay is the 150 grand at the start, which is usually made back in the first few kills.

Here Here sir. Bloody well said.

Does having experienced guys not make them be super deadly or more effective?. I seems awful to me getting a new guy every trip makes the game work better for us.

They could be encouraged to run trade trips in one of your spare ships while you don't need them. That way you gain a small cash injection every few hours. Rather than paying for them to sleep on the sofa. They need to earn loyalty.

Sending them to study with the engineers for a few days to get special abilities would be nice. I would not mind a partner that can make some modules work better.. A skilled patrner would be worth investing in.

krrrrrks... krrks...

This is a one time announcement to whom it may concern. krrks...krrrrrks...

It has be noted that some pilots are not paying out much deserved rewards to their trusted NPC's. G.U.N. no longer will stay on the sidelines on this issue!... krrrks krrks

The Galactic Union of NPC's demands the immediate payment of all NPC's rewards overdue! Failure to comply will cause the respective pilots to be on the list of DEC's Distrusted Elite Commanders which is updated weekly and rolled out to all G.U.N. members, currently accounting for 92.81 % of all NPC pilots. / end of communication krrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrks...

Hehehe ;) you would think precarious worker contracts to be a thing of the past, dating back to 2019 or so, except for the empire of course.

Last edited:
Top Bottom