If you're Undecided about Odyssey, what do you want to see?

Some people didn't pre-order Odyssey yet. What do you want to see that would convince you to buy it?

Such as:
  1. PVE exploration gameplay on foot
  2. New ship or SRV
  3. Do Social hubs feel alive
  4. Do NPCs have dynamic routines (walk around, errands, sleep)
  5. Faction costumes to dress your avatar
  6. A club, disco in stations (e.g. the Afterlife club in Mass Effect 2)
  7. Story-driven missions (dlc)
  8. Ship interiors (not included)
  9. Emotes for avatars (dancing, cheering etc)
  10. Pets, animal companions
  11. Player housing (apartments in stations, a place to call home)

Last edited:
For me Odyssey is just a first step (no pun intended) towards having fully fleshed out planets with atmosphere, flora and fauna. The on foot pew pew is the only way fdev thought they could sell the DLC and make money in this line of development... Who would pay for it otherwise, given its audience? So that's what we got... Pew Pew instead of ship interiors.
Except for me, I would rather they focused on planetary surfaces, and sites to explore. Some of the best ED moments for me have been at Thargoid and Guardian sites!
So I'm not likely going to be a first wave purchaser of Odyssey. I'm hoping that the improved lighting etc will be included into Horizons because I'm not that interested in the on foot pew pew. I bought elite for what it's always been... A Space (ship) game.
🤔
We could have had alien sites we could walk around and interact with. But I suspect fdev thought that this wouldn't sell, which is sad imo. Just another disappointment.

Last edited:
1. Piracy
2. Piracy
3. Piracy
4. Have I mentioned Piracy yet?
5. Piracy

PVP Piracy is an immersion thing. PVE Piracy is knocking out drives and playing bumper cars before you whip out your first hatchet limpet. Both are in a sad state right now. Doesn't help that mining prices directly affect pirating too.

And let's be very clear here: piracy is the most complicated and advanced task in the game. I don't know if the PP thing is truly a bug or that's just FDev lip service, but bump stops are getting old.

Now that legs are on the horizon, how can we not address the elephant in the room that is piracy-on-life support.

I hate to give Star Citizen credit but they've taken a very aggressive approach in support of player piracy and there's zero reason FDev has to play second fiddle here.

Some people didn't pre-order Odyssey yet. What do you want to see that would convince you to buy it?

Such as:
  1. PVE exploration gameplay on foot
  2. New ship or SRV
  3. Do Social hubs feel alive
  4. Do NPCs have dynamic routines (walk around, errands, sleep)
  5. Faction costumes to dress your avatar
  6. A club, disco in stations (e.g. the Afterlife club in Mass Effect 2)
  7. Story-driven missions (dlc)
  8. Ship interiors (not included)
  9. Emotes for avatars (dancing, cheering etc)
  10. Pets, animal companions
  11. Player housing (apartments in stations, a place to call home)

I haven't pre-ordered Odyssey yet, because I'd like to see more about "non-pew-pew activities" first. What does Odyssey bring to the table for players who like exploration and trading/mining? Picking flowers and salvaging some wrecks isn't enough to sell the DLC to me. I do like first person shooters from time to time, but I don't play Elite for that sort of activity.

At this point in time, I'd be grateful for anything but shooter gameplay/info when it comes to Odyssey.

I hate to give Star Citizen credit but they've taken a very aggressive approach in support of player piracy
When it gets out of alpha there is sure to be some management of 'content'... While it remains little more than a Tech Demo all sorts of things can be 'played with' - worth a visit, for me at least, once there is a released product.

Well, it's relative (and subjective), of course, but here's what would get me off the fence:

Odyssey Errors.jpg

More variety in incomprehensible but colorful error messages!

Deleted member 182079

D
I'm not undecided on Odyssey, but I'm waiting until release with my purchase because a) I'm not in the loan provider business b) there's very little incentive for preordering - a suit skin, that's it and c) having to pay being an alpha tester annoyed me enough to withhold my funds purely out of principle. I guess you could add d) for Brexit related difficulties re online purchases if you're not based in the UK like myself (unlikely but who knows - services aren't covered in the deal).

There's simply no rush and I have little interest in experiencing Odyssey in a broken and unfinished state (Alpha) a little bit earlier. Seeing a bit more meat on the bone in terms of gameplay features shown would be nice also - it still feels like buying the proverbial cat in a bag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom