ignore illegal/illicit cargo

Hi,
i want to make an suggestion:
Could it in future be implemented to Elite Dangerous (to ships menu perhaps) that collector drones are set to ignore illicit/illegal cargo? I was just bountyhunting and picking um materials from npcs in an hazardous zone. But very often the limpets just picking up the scrap who is illicit. It would (for righteous Commanders) be very good to have such an option.

Lestat

Banned
LOL, I been having my NPC attack and kill while I monitor my Minerals/cargo pick up. It is not that hard to disable cargo.

@Lestat it is not the question if it is hard to do this, its the matter that this is annoying and unnecessary in my opinion. smart limpets or smart limpet controllers should be able to ignore such things.

Lestat

Banned
@Lestat it is not the question if it is hard to do this, its the matter that this is annoying and unnecessary in my opinion. smart limpets or smart limpet controllers should be able to ignore such things.
Yes we get you are asking to be able to walk away from the game while your collectors collect Minerals. I think Frontier want players to think on their toes. Not have the game set up so you have a silver spoon in your mouth. Think about it. You are sitting in one spot collecting Minerals after combat. And you are asking for a idea that has no danger to you. If the Limpets pick up illegal goods because you did not monitor your screens. The fault lies with you. That keeps you on your toes.

@Lestat I do not want go go away while collecting, i want to concentrate my gaming to the my real targets in game, not to spend my time with unneccesary Scrap dumping instead of hunting down my pirate targets. I repect your opinion in this cause. Nevertheless I am stying at mine.

Lestat

Banned
@Lestat I do not want go go away while collecting, i want to concentrate my gaming to the my real targets in game, not to spend my time with unneccesary Scrap dumping instead of hunting down my pirate targets. I repect your opinion in this cause. Nevertheless I am stying at mine.
You can tell us that. But frontier looking at it an easy way for players to walk away for many players. If you look at your left screen. You can ignore unwanted cargo. It not that hard to do.

You can already mark in space cargo/materials as ignored and that adds the cargo type to a seemingly persistent ignore list. It is not a feature I use much personally but it is there.

How about adding a cargo collection in-box that the CMDR has to confirm whether they want to keep it - c/f Refinery. Vented cargo would notionally be automatically ignored by the collector drones and entering super-cruise/jumping would automatically vent the in-box.

Alternatively, just allow us to be able to manually edit a generic ignore cargo-type list that would be honoured by collector drones.

Last edited:
Yes we get you are asking to be able to walk away from the game while your collectors collect Minerals.

Considering you have previously defended long boring SuperCruise journeys in the past which allow you to walk away from the game while you travel to a distant star, why do you have a problem with this suggestion?

@rlsg this is exactly the point: It doesnt matter what kind of cargo, what matters ist the circumstance to ignore illicit/illegal cargo of all kinds.
The flag should probably be for ONLY cargo that would be marked stolen though - locally illicit cargo types can be handled by the existing ignore filter(s). The caveat to this being that the ignore ware type list should probably be exposed and directly editable. That being said - adding a second flag to (temporarily) ignore locally illegal cargo types would not be unreasonable.

Lestat

Banned
Considering you have previously defended long boring SuperCruise journeys in the past which allow you to walk away from the game while you travel to a distant star, why do you have a problem with this suggestion?
Go back to your old topic about you complaining about supercruise. This has Nothing to do with supercruise.

Hi,
i want to make an suggestion:
Could it in future be implemented to Elite Dangerous (to ships menu perhaps) that collector drones are set to ignore illicit/illegal cargo? I was just bountyhunting and picking um materials from npcs in an hazardous zone. But very often the limpets just picking up the scrap who is illicit. It would (for righteous Commanders) be very good to have such an option.
Agreed!

Top Bottom